2023 Houston Texans thread

Macklemore

7 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Demeco putting on a clinic on how to disrupt a QB into to rushed throws.

I fucking love Demeco so much. It’s such a nice feeling to know going in every game that we have a top coach that gives us an advantage and not some idiot we have to win in spite of like buttchin, Culley and Lovie. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Lots of off-season storylines imploding for douchebags:

- Stroud sucks/is dumb.

- Bama/tOSU whatevers.

- Browns pick immensely more valuable than ours.

- Our coaching carousel was just about racism.

- Rookie HC & QB are doomed.

- Will Anderson no good.

RIP bitches 

Yeah S2 has to be scrambling to fix their tests/business model. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Bryce Young still has a lot to prove, but people were ready to give up on Tua pretty early too, and look where he is now. CJ looks great and very promising, moreso than Young, but no reason to think that can't change in the future. 

The Browns picks will probably be more valuable with Watson sitting out. Their defense is legit though. 

Lovie was absolutely a weird hire, and the timing was obviously influenced by outside events. 

Who said Anderson was no good? He was doing well in the preseason. I saw some post draft analysis saying he should have been picked 5-10th or so, but nothing saying he wasn't worth a 1st.

45 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Are the Texans in a better trajectory than the Rockets? I’d have to say yes because Stroud appears to be a top half of the league QB on a rookie deal. 

I’m excited for the Rockets. Ime is the truth and we’ll see the same improvement that Demeco is getting with the Texans with the Rockets. 

2 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

True. And I think we were all wondering what would happen after he threw his first interception. Bounced back nicely against a defense that I think is pretty good.

New Orleans has the longest streak of not allowing a 300-yard passer in the NFL, their defense is legit.

• Drool 1

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

New Orleans has the longest streak of not allowing a 300-yard passer in the NFL, their defense is legit.

Yeah I didn’t think CJ necessarily had a mediocre game vs one of the best defenses in the league gave us fits in the 2nd half; first half offensive performance was solid. Will be good to have two more weeks for the OL to heal up, hopefully Scruggs is good to go by 10/29 so we can start playing with our full two-deep. Nice to get the worst team in the league coming out of a bye, even if it is on the road….

AR15 done for the year and Justin Fields hurt.

When people were knocking Stroud for being a pocket passer during the draft, I thought what a weird critique that was for an NFL QB.

Fields and Richardson both seem like very good dudes so sorry to hear the news on both of those fronts, but when it’s the most important position on the field, and you end up paying him the most, generally, you don’t necessarily want him running around. You go and get the best pass catching sprinters on the planet for him to throw to, and you put a track star behind him to hand the ball off to, and let the rest work itself out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Rip76 said:

Listening to 790 just now.

What do you think about Mike Evans to the Texans before the trade deadline?

First of all, why would TB want to trade Evans?  They are in the middle of a playoff race. Secondly, the Texans already have a 30+ y.o. WR on the downside of their career. No thanks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

First of all, why would TB want to trade Evans?  They are in the middle of a playoff race. Secondly, the Texans already have a 30+ y.o. WR on the downside of their career. No thanks

Would completely depend on what we had to give up. He’s in the last year of his deal so there’s no financial obligation beyond prorated salary for the remainder of this season. True that his best years are behind him, but his curve is way, way higher than Robert Woods’. He’s also always been known as a team leader and great locker room guy, which would only help Nico/Dell/Metchie/Hutchinson. If TB would do it for our extra 4th rounder or (ideally) a 5th plus a throw away pick on 2025 it’d be worth thinking about.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hate said:

Watching CJ on Gameday this morning and he is just fantastic. The Texans got really lucky with Carolina taking Young instead.

Yeah. I bought into the Ohio State curse and the bogus pre-draft reporting. This dude loves football and it's clear he knows the game at an elite level. I also think that having Case Keenum on this team mentoring him is helping a lot. His shout out to Keenum likely speaks to their relationship.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I couldn’t agree more. I thought that was a great signing at the time.

I’m just more and more impressed every time I watch him play or see him interviewed. He really seems like a football junkie, which is what you want at the QB position. As a fan of both the Cowboys and Texans, I am infinitely more excited about the future of the Texans than I am the Cowboys.

37 minutes ago, Hate said:

I couldn’t agree more. I thought that was a great signing at the time.

I’m just more and more impressed every time I watch him play or see him interviewed. He really seems like a football junkie, which is what you want at the QB position. As a fan of both the Cowboys and Texans, I am infinitely more excited about the future of the Texans than I am the Cowboys.

Two more points.

1) Watching Williams play this year, I am glad we took Stroud.

2) Keenum is going to make a hell of a coach at whatever level he wants when he retires. Likely in the Houston area.

Edited by HtownHorn

On 10/22/2023 at 3:35 PM, Fud said:

Back to back weeks where refs help out a Cleveland team without Deshaun and tank our draft pick 

On the plus bright side , the Texans’ success has been reducing the cost of the draft day trade that got Will Anderson. 

Edited by TonyTexas

That drive was phenomenal. Stroud repeatedly putting it dead on the money, I’m amazed at the QB play right now. Slowik mixing it up with creative run game, actually led to a few losses that Stroud bailed us out of but still would rather get creative and a little risky than be super conservative.

So far a solid game plan - lean on them hard and let the game come to us. Let’s fucking go.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1