Ole piss at bama

Rockethorn1978

3 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I told my wife and daughter that college football all day on Saturday’s is non-negotiable, so now they’ll just have to deal with me watching on my phone periodically at the grocery store, and during soccer, at the pharmacy, the park, ballet, or anywhere else I damn well please.

I think my experience is colored a bit differently because I always watched Texas with my dad growing up - and he doesn't have any daughters. He and my mom got divorced when I was young and he was single for some years and we'd go to Texas games together. Regardless of the custody schedule - Texas home game = dad's house. Then he married my stepmom who loves sports and tolerates it to a high degree. They had two boys that played everything in the book. Even still when I go over there we've always got some sporting event on TV.

It depends on the spouse. And anyway, the point was that most of that shit I can live without.

2 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Those who know know that my wife and I wrote the Fuck Yeah Texas Baseball blog for a little while. She lives and breathes sports right along with me. Sorry you couldn’t find that in your life. 

I too got lucky here.  Well, I found it and knew that it was a rare quality and I made sure I didn't fuck it up.  Believe me, I have tried though.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

We talk a lot of shit on here. Troll. Whatever. At the end of the day we are all brothers. So let me be serious with you for a minute.......You are never going to run your household bro. Some woman will nag you into submission, and being a dude, you simply cannot withstand that brutal onslaught. That's how we all got here bro. We were once delusional too, thinking we would be kings. Nay!!

Oh, Christ, man. I get it. I'm not mentally disabled and I'm not a virgin. 

Anyway - glad we could derail the Bama/Ole Miss thread for everyone. 

1 minute ago, naija said:

wonder what the Ole Miss on opinion is on Kiffin. Some of them have to be wondering if they can do better.... while nervously coming to the conclusion that they can't

I think he's a good fit. I think they're a pretty good football team this season but Bama's a bit better. He's the type of guy that could flirt with a conference title if he could get a transcendent QB on campus imo. 

4 minutes ago, naija said:

wonder what the Ole Miss on opinion is on Kiffin. Some of them have to be wondering if they can do better.... while nervously coming to the conclusion that they can't

They seem a bit tired of starting 3-0 and getting blasted by Bama every year 

35 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

We talk a lot of shit on here. Troll. Whatever. At the end of the day we are all brothers. So let me be serious with you for a minute.......You are never going to run your household bro. Some woman will nag you into submission, and being a dude, you simply cannot withstand that brutal onslaught. That's how we all got here bro. We were once delusional too, thinking we would be kings. Nay!!

Maybe it's because my marriage is new, but I don't understand this problem. If I say I want to watch Texas, my wife says cool and does her own thing. And I'm not on any swaggering, macho bullshit. It's called being separate people and respecting each other's interests. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Maybe it's because my marriage is new, but I don't understand this problem. If I say I want to watch Texas, my wife says cool and does her own thing. And I'm not on any swaggering, macho bullshit. It's called being separate people and respecting each other's interests. 

Many women don’t seem to understand this simple concept of being separate people.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

That’s how it is before kids.  

I do watch the Texas game every week, but, “Daddy can’t do errands today or take you to ___,  because he really wants to watch Alabama vs. Tennessee before the Texas game” doesn’t go over really well.  

mGOxGR.gif

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

lol.gif

She's saving it for later on. Trust me. And when she cashes in her chips, you will be a good husband and acquiesce. 

And that's not a bad thing. It's just what husbands do.

• Like 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

I told my wife and daughter that college football all day on Saturday’s is non-negotiable, so now they’ll just have to deal with me watching on my phone periodically at the grocery store, and during soccer, at the pharmacy, the park, ballet, or anywhere else I damn well please.

WHISTESPORTS

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Homesickhorn said:

And calling us Ole Piss makes you sound like a fucking aggy hayseed.

Lulz go wash the sand out of your vag. If it’s that big of a deal then quit calling them aggy and call them Aggie since you’re so above it. And it’s not my fault you guys roll out dudes for cheerleaders like ousucks does. Oh wait I meant OU. Don’t want to be a hayseed.

15 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Women marry men thinking they will change over time

Men marry women thinking they won’t change over time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, LateAughtsHorn said:

Like others have said - just wait until you have kids and/or she turns 40.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Not sure how Saban looked around and found a worse OC that BOB but he has. Rees was bad at ND and worse at Bama. I suspect he’s gonna clean house this year and get back to being dominant.

Where “being dominant” means “looking up at Texas and maybe Georgia until he retires,” sure. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1