Texas vs ou - 11am on ABC

Pancho

4 minutes ago, Yev Kassem said:

Going with the jumbo package on three consecutive plays was completely moronic. Fine, run it once as a change of pace, but Sark completely took us out of our normal offense on those plays. You can’t have two guys on the field that don’t normally play on that side of the ball in such a crucial moment of the game.

Shoulda thrown that pass to X on second or third. Still go look at the refs suck page but for the facemask X mighta scored. I still agree with you 100%.

1 minute ago, Dilligas said:

True. Has there been info on his injury? He didn’t seem in pain on the sideline after but who knows

Dunno they said he was available in an emergency situation so I have to believe he’s long term ok, maybe even back next week. We will see.

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

OU is 17-8 against us in the last 25. Our best team in more than a decade and we get beat after OU has a single down year. We are fucking snakebit against that school. The streak since the Big XII title game is just fucking brutal.

image.png.6460712a92e5a918913049cc0c7f2b06.png

Wow.  I didn't realize the recent record was that lopsided.  If not for the last second FG in 2018, OU has won 8 of the last 9.

11 minutes ago, Yev Kassem said:

Going with the jumbo package on three consecutive plays was completely moronic. Fine, run it once as a change of pace, but Sark completely took us out of our normal offense on those plays. You can’t have two guys on the field that don’t normally play on that side of the ball in such a crucial moment of the game.

Yeah, highly questionable, although it did scramble things up from our normal shitty red zone offense.

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Yev Kassem said:

Murphy has been bulldozing people from that formation all year. Keep the same personnel in and realize they have to sell out on the run. It’s an easy play action boot/pass in the flat with Ou thinking run the whole way. With all that said, even with them selling out against the run in that formation, all we had to do was execute a block and it’s a touchdown. 

The goal line failure was a microcosm of how we played the game in key moments. All we had to do was keep a level head and execute like we’ve done all season. Instead we didn’t and OU was able to play above their talent level. 

• Hook 'Em 3

This loss was unforgiveable.  Sark had a chance to build a little momentum in the rivalry and take a big step to lead the way this year.  But he didn't.

Jake Majors got hurt because the OL wasn't blocking worth a crap.  The guy who injured had just sacked Ewers or was pressuring Ewers.  That doesn't happen if the team is dialed in and creating a pocket for Quin.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Levi said:

Murphy has been bulldozing people from that formation all year. Keep the same personnel in and realize they have to sell out on the run. It’s an easy play action boot/pass in the flat with Ou thinking run the whole way. With all that said, even with them selling out against the run in that formation, all we had to do was execute a block and it’s a touchdown.

The goal line failure was a microcosm of how we played the game in key moments. All we had to do was keep a level head and execute like we’ve done all season. Instead we didn’t and OU was able to play above their talent level. 

Yep. We were not good enough on either line. The goal line stand was a want play and we didn’t want it enough 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Yep. We were not good enough on either line. The goal line stand was a want play and we didn’t want it enough 

Eh, not executing sucks but we’re still good on the line. Our Dline is still really good and I have no doubt that they flip the script next game. This is the only team in the conference that can run the up tempo on the level we saw today that diminishes our Dline.  The Oline did a good job in the run game outside of the goal line bust but are also too hit or miss in pass protection. That shit needs to get fixed quick and Majors getting hurt ain’t helping. 

13 minutes ago, Levi said:

I said calling it three times in a row was moronic. Those goaline plays are all about who owns the LOS, something we didn’t do all game.  You absolutely cannot call those same three consecutive  plays when your OL has been getting pushed around the majority of the game.

Sark went full meathead coach in that moment and it was a major reason why we lost the game  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

Sark has got a little turtle Tom in him. His playcalling inside the red zone and even more inside the 10 isn’t peculiar, it’s downright shitty. 

Strange, weird, bizarre. Yeah you can throw shitty in there too you disagreeable dude. We said the same thing.

IMG_3391.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yev Kassem said:

I said calling it three times in a row was moronic. Those goaline plays are all about who owns the LOS, something we didn’t do all game.  You absolutely cannot call those same three consecutive  plays when your OL has been getting pushed around the majority of the game.

Sark went full meathead coach in that moment and it was a major reason why we lost the game  

Lulz. Saying our Oline was getting pushed around in the run all game is just false. Brooks was averaging almost 6yrd a carry. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Me, after I've had a chance to settle down:

Angry Mark Cuban GIF

I hate these games where we just need any one out of 5 things to go our way to win, but we can't get any of them.  Seems to a common theme over the past decade.

Bama pulling away from A&M with 16 unanswered. We’ve beat a top 10 on the road convincingly and lost one to a top 10 play game on a neutral field. This is a different Texas team.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, troph said:

Bama pulling away from A&M with 16 unanswered. We’ve beat a top 10 on the road convincingly and lost one to a top 10 play game on a neutral field. This is a different Texas team.

That's nice and all but that does nothing to help my blood pressure.

Just now, OU Sucks said:

That's nice and all but that does nothing to help my blood pressure.

How about this. We played poorly, lost our starting center and lost on a one play game. In 2 months when we are playing these fuckers again in Arlington you’ll be glad we are the angry team not the team looking to win 2 in one year over our fiercest rival.

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

First qtr playcalling was dog shit too. Bunch of gdgd side to side passing was fucking stupid. 

You must have not seen the secondary there wasn’t anything there.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Levi said:

Lulz. Saying our Oline was getting pushed around in the run all game is just false. Brooks was averaging almost 6yrd a carry. 

Half his carries went for 3 or fewer yards. He broke a few chunk plays, but the line had their shit pushed in most of the game.  And that’s without mentioning the 5 sacks they gave up. 

What game were you watching?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, troph said:

In 2 months when we are playing these fuckers again in Arlington you’ll be glad we are the angry team not the team looking to win 2 in one year over our fiercest rival.

I like this take. Beating teams twice is hard. I’m glad we lost the one that matters the least.

(I know this isn’t what you’re saying)

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Fuck them. We're gonna get our revenge at the end of the year.

I think you’re giving them too much credit. They basically utilized Wyomings gameplan, except they had the depth to maintain it throughout the game. At the same time we’re flat openers & one of the worst redzone teams in the nation. I think championship aspirations should be muted till further notice. 

• Like 1

Just now, Yev Kassem said:

Half his carries went for 3 or fewer yards. He broke a few chunk plays, but the line had their shit pushed in most of the game.  And that’s without mentioning the 5 sacks they gave up. 

What game were you watching?

Sacks have nothing to do with the run game unless you want to count Ewers sacks as “rushing attempts” like college does. Gabriel was ou’s leading rusher with 113 yards based solely on scrambles. Brooks had 130 yards. With his 30 yard long being a perfectly well blocked touchdown run to tie the game. We were running the ball on that dline pretty dang good in the second half. Agree to disagree. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Good
> Cotton Bowl atmosphere. Could barely hear loud speaker but heard 4-5 long Texas Fights without the aid of a DJ
> Quinn Ewers after 1st quarter. Dude was throwing dimes

Bad
> JT Sanders physicality. Was getting rag dolled. He should be dominant especially against DBs
> Officiating
> Pussy start to game. Credit Sark for making some ballsy 4th down calls to wake them up.

Ugly
> The Gooners
> Soft zones
> Red zones
> Not milking the clock then turtling

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Disappointed how little pressure we got on Gabriel. Did we sack him at all? Felt like he had all day in the pocket.

Their holding with impunity helped. Yes, we sacked him early on and had him rattled. We weren't able to sustain that throughout the game though.