Politically charged altercations at Whataburger

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Walk us through repealing jus soli in the United States.

It couldn't be retroactive.  Issue a United States ID to citizens and people with permanent residence. As long as one of the parents of a child has a valid USID, the child is a citizen.

4 minutes ago, RandomIdoit said:

It couldn't be retroactive.  Issue a United States ID to citizens and people with permanent residence. As long as one of the parents of a child has a valid USID, the child is a citizen.

You'd also have to amend the Constitution. Jus soli is guaranteed under the 14th Amendment.

18 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

Viciously attack? You think what happened to Hunter is similar to what is happening to these kids being taken from their parents? Or him being mocked on the Internet for a picture he put on the Internet?

You're pissed about it... that's good. I'm sure the families destroyed by this are glad you're pissed. 

This is an impressive level of stupid.

Woman: "That's my son."
Child: "That's my mom."

Armed Government Official: "I'm not sure, so let's make sure we determine that by separating you for 3 months and covering you in lice."

That doesn’t answer my question at all. 

But then you’re an intellectual coward so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

4 minutes ago, Jim Tom Pinch said:

That doesn’t answer my question at all. 

But then you’re an intellectual coward so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

The premise of your question is false. There is no reason to believe that a woman holding a child at the border who says that it is her child is lying. And there is nothing the government is doing to determine whether or not that woman is the biological or otherwise legal parent.

If a woman says, "That's my child" and the child says, "That's my mother", I strongly oppose armed government intervention to separate them.

Because I'm not a monster.

53 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

Makes me think you are a cornball bitch. When all else fails its muuuuuh holocaust!!!!  Go punch some kids broseph. 

This is literally how white supremacists on 4chan talk. Might as well throw the happy merchant in there, buddy.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

This is literally how white supremacists on 4chan talk. Might as well throw the happy merchant in there, buddy.

This is literally how cornball child abusers on reddit talk. Might as well throw the happy merchant in there , comrade. 

3 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The premise of your question is false. There is no reason to believe that a woman holding a child at the border who says that it is her child is lying. And there is nothing the government is doing to determine whether or not that woman is the biological or otherwise legal parent.

If a woman says, "That's my child" and the child says, "That's my mother", I strongly oppose armed government intervention to separate them.

Because I'm not a monster.

You’re also not very bright if you think taking an illegal’s word for anything is a good idea or sound policy. Children are being moved across the border by coyotes but we should just trust that everyone is telling the truth. What a fucking genius you are.

1 minute ago, Jim Tom Pinch said:

You’re also not very bright if you think taking an illegal’s word for anything is a good idea or sound policy. Children are being moved across the border by coyotes but we should just trust that everyone is telling the truth. What a fucking genius you are.

The same can be said about the Donald Trump administration.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jim Tom Pinch said:

You’re also not very bright if you think taking an illegal’s word for anything is a good idea or sound policy.

I would trust the word of an immigrant over the word of an ICE officer in a hot second.

But please answer this for me:
Is the US government, via ICE or CBP or any other agency, working to determine the actual parentage of any of these children? If yes, what are they doing?

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

If I get in a fight at Whataburger, it’s because you’ve fucked with my whatasized #2 with cheese and sweet tea combo, motherfucker.  Knock off my hat, I don’t care.  Glance at my burger and it’s fucking on.

The real crime about the #2 is you have to ask for the cheese.  It’s just so un-American.  The cheese should come standard.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, David Dennison said:

After seeing and hearing Hunter Richard I have come to the conclusion that yes, he most certainly deserved it.

Kino Jiminez is an American hero.

Like all 30 year old dip shits, who live at home, have a part time bouncer job, and a kid they can't support...5 dwi's and a couple other convictions...Kino is a FUCKING AMERICAN HERO!! 

He's sadly a leftist hero...but they seemingly hate America these days.

Kino Jiminez gives us ALL something to aspire to....

flag.jpg&f=1

• Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, XR4ticlone said:

Like all 30 year old dip shits, who live at home, have a part time bouncer job, and a kid they can't support...5 dwi's and a couple other convictions...Kino is a FUCKING AMERICAN HERO!! 

He's sadly a leftist hero...but they seemingly hate America these days.

Kino Jiminez gives us ALL something to aspire to....

flag.jpg&f=1

Don’t cry for Kino. Alexandria O-C is getting the band back together. She has hired him to be her doorman at her office in NY. 

12 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The real crime about the #2 is you have to ask for the cheese.  It’s just so un-American.  The cheese should come standard.

True.  Forgot to order cheese once and that glorious #2 was just a piece of cardboard with mustard on it.

12 hours ago, David Dennison said:

The sweet tea is also an abomination.

It’s delicious sugar-water.  One whatasized sweet tea could fuel the world’s hummingbirds for a week. You can hate it though, more for me.

17 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Nothing really wrong with this.  But not just merit based, we still need to take those seeking asylum - cap it if you like (not sure how?), and really vet out true asylum seekers vs those just looking to cut the line.  And Mexico really isn't doing that poorly...many of the issues come from south of their border.  By purchasing power parity Mexico has the 11th best economy in the world.  So that's not an issue.  If  you want to talk about crime/cartels, I hear you. 

Did you miss the national biometric ID part? Fuck that.

14 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

This is literally how cornball child abusers on reddit talk. Might as well throw the happy merchant in there , comrade. 

Trumpfans don't get to call anyone else child abusers. In addition to supporting kidnapping immigrant children and holding them hostage for ransom, the GOP is the party that supported Roy Moore and supports Jim Jordan. It's probably more likely that the majority of elected GOP representatives at this point are child abusers than not.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

Trumpfans don't get to call anyone else child abusers. In addition to supporting kidnapping immigrant children and holding them hostage for ransom, the GOP is the party that supported Roy Moore and supports Jim Jordan. It's probably more likely that the majority of elected GOP representatives at this point are child abusers than not.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Did you miss the national biometric ID part? Fuck that.

I went back about 3x on that post after I said ‘nothing wrong with all this’.  I guess drinking and trying to solve the  immigration crisis don’t mix.  Although, even drunk I could do a better job than this admin. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc

1 hour ago, Sleepygrad said:

Are you antifa? You seem like you’re antifa

He couldn't pass the initiation.  He's like a those guys who can't get in the military so they become cops, and get all tatted up, wear black with a high and tight.

I agree that all immigration should be merit based. I have a feeling we'd disagree on how to determine merit.

"Are you a breathing not-criminal who wants to be here?"

If the answer is "yes", you merit a quick path to citizenship.

--

I am too old and have too much money to be ANTIFA. The rotten and broken leftist brain I have is encased in a body and wardrobe that screams, "Compassionate conservative!"

I just like those kids a lot.

And I certainly don't have the muscle of this studly young person.

Untitled-1.jpg

That night I had a dream. I dreamt I was as light as the ether, a floating spirit visiting things to come. The shades and shadows of the people in my life rassled their way their way into my slumber.

I dreamed that Kino had decided to return to rehab. Probably that’s just as well. I don’t mean to sound superior and he's a swell guy, but maybe he wasn’t ready yet to come out into the world.

And still I dreamed on, further into the future than I had ever dreamed before, watching Hunter’s progress from afar, taking pride in his accomplishments as if he were our own. Wondering if he ever thought of us and hoping that maybe we’d broadened his horizons a little even if he couldn’t remember just how they got broadened.

But still I hadn’t dreamt nothing about Whataburger until the end. And this was cloudier cause it was years, years away. But I saw an old couple in a fast food joint being visited by their children, and all their grandchildren too. The old couple weren’t screwed up. And neither were their kids or their grandkids. And I don’t know. You tell me. This whole dream, was it wishful thinking? Was I just fleeing reality like I know I’m liable to do? But Whataburger, it can be good too. And it seemed real. It seemed like Whataburger and it seemed like, well, our home. If not Whataburger, then a dining establishment not too far away. Where all parents are strong and wise and capable and all children are happy and beloved. I don’t know. Maybe it was Taco Cabana.

• Like 4

On 7/7/2018 at 10:04 PM, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

But you cheer and advocate for violence. The only loons cheering the violence against you are other fringe lions of the same stripe. I guess you are saying you are the flip side of that coin?

lol, wut? Mr. Trump has regularly said at his rallies that his supporters should actively silence protesters, and he has promised to pay their legal fees if they become too aggressive. 

12 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

The alt-right are loons, just as I said in my post, that should be marginalized and mocked and shamed just like Kino Rodriguez and the alt-left/antifa/bad_fantanas

trump is alt-right? but overall, yes i think i agree more with you here that physical violence for purely political thought should be marginalized, mocked, and shamed regardless if it is a poster or Trump/Dotards. you sure fantana advocated the same as BT on this thread? glossed over, so won't claim it either way.

16 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

The alt-right are loons, just as I said in my post, that should be marginalized and mocked and shamed just like Kino Rodriguez and the alt-left/antifa/bad_fantanas

Lmao at taking this position when it's the president of the united fucking states saying those things.

2 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

You don't shame them and you're constantly whining at/about those who do shame them. Funny how that works.

Cookie, you ain't in the middle, you're just adrift because the leader of your side is a boor and you like for things to be nice and decorumy. And that's fine, but the first step to healing is acceptance and the last sentence of your post indicates you're on your way, so that's good.

My point is that the modern "middle" is the old right.  Things have migrated towards the right for decades now.  Part of that is creeping unfettered capitalism.  Well, most of it is.  Some of it is previously hidden bigotry.

At any rate, I'm not interested in the modern "middle".  It's too much of a compromise in the context of American history.

2 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I disagree; I think there is a middle and that you can be reasonable and compromise. I think responsible gun reform should be a thing and responsible immigration reform should be a thing, as two examples, that I would say are firmly centrist/middle positions.

Willingness to be reasonable and compromise is not "middle". You have ideas, values, and ethics. You have policy ideas you think should exist. The "middle" is not a thing as far as political alignment.

The problem many centrists are facing is they feel they HAVE to choose a side.  They don’t like the binary choice, never have, and this environment makes them very uncomfortable.  They’ve likely never been in a position where their influence carries more weight than it does now and it scares them.

Sadly, many will just throw their hands up and watch as one side tries to destroy the other.  Their apathy and pearl clutching will make the problems worse and more prolonged.

They will also take ZERO responsibility for the consequences of their inaction and false equivalencing. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz