KSU @ TEX Kickoff Time Placeholder

YGIFS

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Where did big Monday setup last time?  It wasn’t by LBJ fountain, right?

48 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

For some reason I thought they set up in the south mall but I could be completely wrong 

I remember against Bama last year, Game Day had LBJ Lawn and Big Noon had Winship Circle 

Big Noon broadcast from near LBJ Fountain (pretty close to where Gameday set is/was).  Early kick-off isn't always glamorous for big name music acts, but would think the Longhorn City Limits name should be good.  'cause it's already been brought'n

Good news is pre-game weather actually looks/feels like a proper Autumnal Contest of Collegiate Football.  

8am:  55*, cloudy

11am: 65*, cloudy

2pm:  75*, sunny

Go home, figure out who we need to root for in the ISU/KAN matchup that night.  Drop your cocks, grab your socks, reset your clocks.  

• Haha 1

Also, kickoff for @TCU has to come out midday today.  IIRC-they can't pull (2) 6-day windows in a row.  As close as it is, it's one of only 2 or 3 Big XII venues I've never seen a football game at.  Won't be making it this year, but hoping for an 11:00a kick for selfish reasons.  

5 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Also, kickoff for @TCU has to come out midday today.  IIRC-they can't pull (2) 6-day windows in a row.  As close as it is, it's one of only 2 or 3 Big XII venues I've never seen a football game at.  Won't be making it this year, but hoping for an 11:00a kick for selfish reasons.  

I hate this fucking conference.

• Hook 'Em 1

Ouch.  Apparently, like my real life, my interpretation was way off.  I know they're trying to time it right to get all the 1&2 contenders for the title game lined up as ideally as possible for viewership, but they're also shooting themselves in the dick since they can't pull this card now for the last two regular season weekends to close out November, right?  

Or maybe there's some double-secret TV probation thing I don't know about?  

Ah well, would love to make the trip and see their white boot squad.  But yeah,  K-State and @ TCU should be primetime games but somehow our conference Tv deal will fuck 'em both up.  Like we quietly pondered at the season's outset, this whole thing is coming down to how we do in Ames anyway.  That's how we get back to Arlington and close out this 27 year abortion with the 1st and Last crown of the Big XII.  And somehow that ISU game will be on ESPN8, the OCHO!

3 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

Do the networks only get two 6-day options in a season?  Or am I just making that up.  I've been know to just make shit up.....

It was that way for most of the existence of the league.  But this latest member reshuffle across timezones , may have some codicil/proviso/addendum/handwritten note from Dean Wormer that says they get an extra one now.  

But here's how you know we're dealing with just the best TV people that sports programming has to offer:  ESPN has a family of networks.  But they're going to put on BYU at 8:15p, which really means even if they switch over to a different sister-channel, that ball isn't leaving the tee until at least 8:22p, probably more like 8:30p.  They know full fucking well, most college football games on ESPN/ABC are running about 3:40+ this season.  BYU cannot, under any circumstances (rain, OT, or otherwise), be even out on the field after midnight local time.  Let alone be finishing a snap/series/drive.  

So the conversation between the league and TV partners was literally, "Well, too many moving parts again this week.  Too many teams in the hunt, let's use the late window again and see what's what.  But we can for sure pencil in BYU to play untill about 1am despite that being their one and only singular contract rider, right?"  

30 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

BYU cannot, under any circumstances (rain, OT, or otherwise), be even out on the field after midnight local time.  Let alone be finishing a snap/series/drive.  

So the conversation between the league and TV partners was literally, "Well, too many moving parts again this week.  Too many teams in the hunt, let's use the late window again and see what's what.  But we can for sure pencil in BYU to play untill about 1am despite that being their one and only singular contract rider, right?"  

Respectfully:

giphy.gif

Yes, the game would be finished if it pushed late,” BYU spokesman Brett Pyne told Yahoo Sports via email. “A game involving BYU that starts on Saturday will be played to its completion if it happens to extend past midnight.”

I dunno, it's what some BYU higher-up told us while we were waiting on the rain delay outside their stadium back in 2013.  Seemed to make sense given their religious fervor.  Also "extend past midnight" is also illegal to say on campus in addition to walking in from a rain storm and saying, "Whoah, that was a good soaking."

Also, speaking of people of deep Christian faith...don't post pics of that person on non-political forums.

I'll be there no matter what time, froggy friends always set us up in club level. Oh, and Amon Carter is about 15 mins away, maybe 25 with game traffic.

2 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

michigan @ penn state has already been selected for big noon by fox next week.  my guess is we get a night time kick for tcu (and probably for iowa state too).  anything the conference can do to increase the likelihood of a texas loss.

???  I thought you all liked night games. 

12 hours ago, YGIFS said:

I dunno, it's what some BYU higher-up told us while we were waiting on the rain delay outside their stadium back in 2013.  Seemed to make sense given their religious fervor.  Also "extend past midnight" is also illegal to say on campus in addition to walking in from a rain storm and saying, "Whoah, that was a good soaking."

Also, speaking of people of deep Christian faith...don't post pics of that person on non-political forums.

“Yes, the game would be finished if it pushed late,” BYU spokesman Brett Pyne told Yahoo Sports via email. “A game involving BYU that starts on Saturday will be played to its completion if it happens to extend past midnight.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/happen-lsu-vs-byu-game-extends-sunday-204703915.html

BYU needed that late ESPN window from ESPN while they were independent. They weren’t going to not finish those games.

13 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

I hate this fucking conference.

Looking over the schedules, could be anytime on ABC, 230/Prime on FOX, the 230 window on ESPN, or the 11a/Prime window on FS1.

SEC/B1G are already assigned so it’s basically just slotting the Big12/PAC12 games on FOX or ABC/ESPN with ACC.

My guess:

WVU/OU on FOX at 230

USC/Oregon on FOX at 7

TCU/Texas on ABC at 11

Utah/Washington on ABC at 230

Miami/FSU on ABC at 730

Duke/UNC on ESPN at 230

Baylor/KSU on FS1 at 11

Tech/Kansas on FS1 at 7

I agree on those, except I think we could flip with WV/OU if we don't win our game. 

11am is a more coveted timeslot and doesn't go up against Utah/UW and Ole Miss/Georgia or Tennessee/Mizzou.  However, you are going up against Michigan/Penn State.