KSU @ TEX Kickoff Time Placeholder

YGIFS

Gotta take care of business with BYU.  K-State gets Houston this weekend.  Las Vegas seems to think they'll handle Houston more handily than we did (16.5/17 spread to open).  Sitting at #28, with a few times just in front of them with very tough road games this week, I think this ends up being a Top 25 matchup barely).  There's some other salty games in the league this weekend, so don't be surprised if they finally use their first 6-day window pull this week.  But, a lot going on that weekend so around 11:00a-CDT tomorrow (Monday), post anything you see on social media for start time.  Been enjoying the non-11am kickoffs this year at home, hope that stays the case.  Hook 'em...

Good point.  Didn't look at the Big 10 lineup.  Or lack of a good one.  Probably will play a heavy factor over the next 12 hours.  it's the last Big XII home game blowout for most of us so want to plan accordingly.  I think I may end up at Texas Tech game after T-Day for entertaining some work folks, but it'd just be in and out for kickoff to final whistle.  K-State, I want to soak up all the fun so hope it's a 2:30p or 6:00'/7:00p start.  

Wife and her family's plurality alma mater as well.  Been a weird series with them over the last 25 years.  But that goofy bastard in the black robe, Bill Snyder, has proved a worthy fucking adversary.  Hope he makes it to Austin one last time.  I'll tip my cap to the Wizard.  And watch us grind out a 3-score win.  

Willing it into existence: 6:30 on ABC. If this is a night game and we can handle BYU first, DKR should be rocking.

Feel like the last Bedlam is a lock for Big Noon, especially with OSU heating up. I see Gameday being in Athens for UGA-Mizzou, making that the 6PM ESPN game. Bama-LSU 2:30 CBS. USC’s failure has taken a bit of the hype away from the game against Washington, but I’m guessing that is our competition for the primetime ABC slot. If ESPN picks that game, hope FOX can pick our’s up for a night slot (as long as it’s Benetti/Huard and not Brando). Notre Dame-Clemson is also out there, but that game kind of sucks now. Could see it being the 11AM ABC kick.

Fuck a 6-day window though, I hate that shit.

I'd like a 6:30/7:00p on ABC as well.  FOX has two more "picks" on their tier and between KSU, TCU, and ISU---can't see how they don't use at least 1, if not both on us on our way out the door. 

Serious question though---does the SEC's TV deal (current or new one with us/OU next year) also have TWO six-day window selections each season?  I know they have different carriers/networks, but so have we over the years; and our league has always had two late-selection deals for as long as I can remember.   

We'll at least be guaranteed to see them for Texas Tech.  Nice that T+1 game is at night again, that Friday, 11am the last several years was fucking bullshit.  We had probably 85k in there every season, but it felt flat as shit.  

• Hook 'Em 1

The more I think about it, I bet they come out today and put Bedlam as the Big Noon. It's the last one that Fox will get to air for at least 10 years. So that puts us at 2:30 ABC/ESPN, 3pm Fox, 6:30 ABC. We may get the 6 day window but Bedlam is announced. 

ESPN/LHN showing 11/4 has live Texas football 'Statcast' which is that deal they put on opposite of our games on LHN.  At 6:00p-CDT.  that'd be nice, but not holding my breath.  I remember when this shit came out like clockwork at 10am every Monday morning.  Now it's a mystery most of the workday.

4 hours ago, CashMcCoy said:

Willing it into existence: 6:30 on ABC. If this is a night game and we can handle BYU first, DKR should be rocking.

Feel like the last Bedlam is a lock for Big Noon, especially with OSU heating up. I see Gameday being in Athens for UGA-Mizzou, making that the 6PM ESPN game. Bama-LSU 2:30 CBS. USC’s failure has taken a bit of the hype away from the game against Washington, but I’m guessing that is our competition for the primetime ABC slot. If ESPN picks that game, hope FOX can pick our’s up for a night slot (as long as it’s Benetti/Huard and not Brando). Notre Dame-Clemson is also out there, but that game kind of sucks now. Could see it being the 11AM ABC kick.

image.png.1b1d506c5b083e1858fc2da79105cfe9.png

FYI - CBS is showing two games that week - LSU-Bama and UGA-Mizzou.  No SEC games on ABC and only one on ESPN that week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

image.png.1b1d506c5b083e1858fc2da79105cfe9.png

FYI - CBS is showing two games that week - LSU-Bama and UGA-Mizzou.  No SEC games on ABC and only one on ESPN that week.

Hardly a surprise CBS will use their one night game slot on LSU at Alabama. Usually a good game 

Well, technically if that ESPN 6pm spot is open, there would be an "SEC" team in that spot with either Texas or OU

I'm a little floored that the last Bedlam isn't a no-brainer for Fox. Even if it's not that great a rivalry, that's the home game of one of the schools you're now supposed to be propping up for the next 8+ years. 

Edited by mdmost

I'd like a 6:30/7:00p on ABC as well.  FOX has two more "picks" on their tier and between KSU, TCU, and ISU---can't see how they don't use at least 1, if not both on us on our way out the door. 
Serious question though---does the SEC's TV deal (current or new one with us/OU next year) also have TWO six-day window selections each season?  I know they have different carriers/networks, but so have we over the years; and our league has always had two late-selection deals for as long as I can remember.   

Washington-USC is the ABC prime time game. Penn State- Maryland is the afternoon FOX game. Nebraska-MSU is 11am FS1.

Seems like we will either be 11am FOX or prime time FOX/FS1 . I think afternoon FS1 is available but I think that’s probably a Big 12 undercard game. One other wild card to consider is that FOX has World Series Game 7 if it goes that far, I’d think that could bump Texas to FS1 in evening.

17 minutes ago, mdmost said:

That jives with the 6:00p-CDT on ESPN/2 window I posted upthread.  

this means they can’t pull the six day deal for @TCU but could certainly use it the last time for @ISU since we may still have ourselves a horse race to see who makes it to Arlington deep into November.  

5 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Washington-USC is the ABC prime time game. Penn State- Maryland is the afternoon FOX game. Nebraska-MSU is 11am FS1.

Seems like we will either be 11am FOX or prime time FOX/FS1 . I think afternoon FS1 is available but I think that’s probably a Big 12 undercard game. One other wild card to consider is that FOX has World Series Game 7 if it goes that far, I’d think that could bump Texas to FS1 in evening.

Don't worry about that.  The Rangers will take down the Phillies in 6.

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

So 6:00/6:30/7:00p on ESPN/2 is still available then since neither of those is AbC?

I believe so. I think if Fox has its choice, it will do Bedlam in the morning and Texas/KSU on Fox at night or vice versa. It's interesting because it really gives you a window of which program is the current bigger deal. If us and OU win out, it comes down to who Fox thinks will pull the better rating in Big Noon. That is their prime slot now that they hang their hat on. It's also not one that has to contend with going up against Bama/LSU on CBS. Whomever is on FS1/Fox at 6pm is going to lose to Bama/LSU.

• Hook 'Em 1

Valid point.  The are obviously waiting on late game.  Not sure where WS factors in.  But I’d think they’d have it sorted out between midnight and church tomorrow.  Big Slate next Saturday.  Keep the social media into flowing.  Also nudes

Okay then.  Forget what I said.  As per usual. 

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

That sucks. So strange to not want want the last Bedlam.

Horns ranked higher.  More eyes watch Texas.  And unfortunately more likely upset.

Gundy likes to shit the bed against blOU.  

Edited by LTtxfan