NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Wolves usually lay an egg when the national media doesn’t shut up about them

The desperate team almost always wins at this stage of the playoffs, especially one with Denver's pride and pedigree, so no surprise at all that they're going to win. And a let down is almost impossible to avoid after Monday's game. But I definitely expected a little more fight from a team playing at home to essentially finish off the champs.

The desperate team almost always wins at this stage of the playoffs, especially one with Denver's pride and pedigree, so no surprise at all that they're going to win. And a let down is almost impossible to avoid after Monday's game. But I definitely expected a little more fight from a team playing at home to essentially finish off the champs.

Brothers set the tone early that there wasn’t going to be any physicality.

Booing a player of Murray’s caliber almost never works, just fuels him. Crowd should’ve switched it up and began cheering for him.

Only thing worth taking any type of consolation is Jokic and Murray playing extended minutes in a blow out with a quick 2 day turnaround

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

I wish Second Spectrum tracked what percentage of a player's makes are clean swishes. Michael Porter's gotta be the league leader.

I feel like KD has had a fuck ton from the midrange the past few seasons.

9 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Only thing worth taking any type of consolation is Jokic and Murray playing extended minutes in a blow out with a quick 2 day turnaround

Not sure what Malone is thinking by keeping them out there. Jokic and Murray's night should've ended a minute or two into the fourth quarter.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, MrX said:

They subbed KAT and Ant back in at the 8:00 minute mark…doesn’t matter how big the lead is Jokic has to come back then. 

LoL no he doesn't. And, sorry, but the statement in bold is just stupid.

Edited by Braff Zacklin

I understand Dallas is in Texas, but are there any other OKC fans out there? Had season tickets for years until I had to move so I think I'm allowed but nobody here seems to like them. Shit I didn't like them for the last few years. 

Being down 9 at half doesn't seem so bad right now, aside from Mitchell, nobody else can seem to make a shot.  Pretty awful showing so far on offense. Would be nice if good Levert could show up for just a half to make it close. 

Posted (edited)

Tatum... dribble 15 secs then throw up a lazy shot hoping for a foul.

WTF is Boston doing on offense??

If they aren't hitting three's they're terrible.  And their defense is weak.

How about contesting some 3pt shots??

Edited by LTtxfan

36 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Being down 9 at half doesn't seem so bad right now, aside from Mitchell, nobody else can seem to make a shot.  Pretty awful showing so far on offense. Would be nice if good Levert could show up for just a half to make it close. 

We've seen this movie before, where the gap between the best player on the Cavs and the 2nd best player is more like the Pacific Ocean.

2003-2010.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Tatum... dribble 15 secs then throw up a lazy shot hoping for a foul.

WTF is Boston doing on offense??

If they aren't hitting three's they're terrible.  And their defense is weak.

How about contesting some 3pt shots??

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

84-69 celtics lead thru 3qtrs.  

Nick Young Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

84-69 celtics lead thru 3qtrs.  Cleveland playing terrible -- and this game should be over but Boston is just such a dumb team.

What a piss poor NBA Shitshow...  

6 straight Cavs points, set up by terrible celtics offense... too much iso ball and jack it up 3pt shots.

84-75    timeout Boston

Not seeing anything out of the East teams in these playoffs --- unless injuries occur, the West is gonna win the NBA Championship this year.  

East fucked by injuries probably made it more lopsided… giannis, zinger, Butler, embiid, jarret Allen

Dont think Boston can win if horford is their starting C
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

We've seen this movie before, where the gap between the best player on the Cavs and the 2nd best player is more like the Pacific Ocean.

2003-2010.

It's a shame Cleveland doesn't have another star player -- Jarrett Allen might really help in this series.

Celtics are so overrated... 

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Dont think Boston can win if horford is their starting C

I'm not convinced Boston is gonna win the East.  Their offensive sets late in games are terrible.  Defensively they are full of holes.

Had not seen them much till playoffs, but wow do they do a lot of dumb shit.  

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

It's a shame Cleveland doesn't have another star player -- Jarrett Allen might really help in this series.

Celtics are so overrated... 

Allen vs Horford down low would be a huge win for the Cavs, but he's still hurt.

Ughhh, that Garland missed layup... they just can't get anything going outside of Mitchell. 

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Defensively they are full of holes.

Again, they've been a top 2 defense three years running. If their defense is full of holes, everyone else's defense is riddled with holes.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Do we start adding Darius garland to the worst contract in the league talks?

766d16410e5892891822ee277ef1ad83.jpg

You haven't already added him already?

Can't wait til they give Isaac Okoro $18 million a year.   🤣🤣🤣😭😭😭

Edited by Message Board User
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Do we start adding Darius garland to the worst contract in the league talks?

766d16410e5892891822ee277ef1ad83.jpg

Lol no. Relax.

I'd rather have his contract on the Spurs than two of the contracts on your team.

Edited by ztejas

29 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Well yeah, you had a PF run the point last year.

Not next season, we’re drafting a point guard!

- Brian Wright laughs manically as he drafts Matas Buzelis to play point guard defending the pick with claims that he can handle the ball and has size. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Lol no. Relax.

I'd rather have his contract on the Spurs than two of the contracts on your team.

On Cavs social media forums, the Spurs has been mentioned as perhaps the most talked about hypothetical landing spot for DG - the Spurs need a PG who can shoot and Wemby covers up for DG's defense.  Pop also knows DG from his time on Team USA a year or two ago.

I don't know if the Spurs would be willing to include Keldon Johnson but I would be ecstatic at this trade:

https://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2b6bl5jf

EDIT - Dammit trade not showing up when click on the link.  But Garland for Keldon Johnson, Branham, and Zack Collins works accoridng to the ESPN trade machine.

Edited by Message Board User