NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

Posted (edited)
Just now, BeardIP said:

I don't like Denver and don't like Jokic. I'm also not a Denver resident or have any heritage ties to Denver or Colorado. Sue me, I guess.

that’s you. what about denver and their players is inherently unlikable? also who doesn’t like jokic? why would you even admit that? lol

Edited by definitely not derka

32 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

that’s you. what about denver and their players is inherently unlikable? also who doesn’t like jokic? why would you even admit that? lol

I don't like him or his game. That is me, thus my (dumb?) sports opinion. Which is why I said "sue me" in a sophomoric way, because arguing over sports opinions and likability is inherently objective and sophomoric. 

Just now, BeardIP said:

I don't like him or his game. That is me, thus my (dumb?) sports opinion. Which is why I said "sue me" in a sophomoric way, because arguing over sports opinions and likability is inherently objective and sophomoric. 

I don't like Jokic as a basketball player, but like him as a person.

I LOVE Anthony Edwards basketball game, but have a very strong dislike for him as a person. He's vulgar and lewd, etc.

59 minutes ago, definitely not derka said:

who’s unlikable, especially when compared to other championship teams? golden state had KD and draymond; spurs and raptors had kawhi; you’ve got the bubble lakers who nobody likes; how is denver not a likable champion? they’re right there with the bucks as likable champions full of likable players that were built through prudent drafting, trading, and FA acquisitions, led by a humble european superstar who doesn’t seek attention, only titles. if you don’t like denver then i can’t imagine who you do like.

You’re unlikable. And so I don’t like the Nuggets. Sorry bro. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

You’re unlikable. And so I don’t like the Nuggets. Sorry bro. 

I used to live in denver but am not a nugs fan.  I like jokic a lot. Gordon.  Not a big fan of MPJ and Murray was a dimbass for throwing the heat pack on the floor.  Malone is a loud mouth and I’ve never liked him. Just didn’t feel the need to post about him

Ant is loud and cocky too but for some reason I find him likable 

• Hook 'Em 1

I find Jokic likable and the Nuggets likable. I thought their coach was a jackass last night and don’t like him. Anyone questioning that opinion is looking for argument in which I’ll not participate. 

Out of the Western contendersI find the Nuggets more likable than Minny, Clippers, Suns.  If you’re a neutral fan, the Nuggets have to be more likable than the Mavs because id fucking hate Luka if I weren’t a fan, almost as much as I hate Westbrook now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BeardIP said:

I don't like Jokic as a basketball player, but like him as a person.

I LOVE Anthony Edwards basketball game, but have a very strong dislike for him as a person. He's vulgar and lewd, etc.

You find him "vulgar and lewd"? Are you a 1950s housewife or something. jesus fucking christ, get a grip. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I think it's less about piling on when he got knocked off the throne and more about piling on after watching his reaction to being knocked off the throne. And he did look like a fool in the parade last year.

I don't think he's any sort of villain. He just comes off as bush league. Not that a Spurs fan like me has any room to talk as horribly as Pop has treated the press over the years.

I'm not a Spurs fan, but I love old man cranky Pop doing his best deadpan and sarcasm. At least some of those reporters seem like they deserved it. 

34 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Parroting terrible talk radio, but exactly 1 of the Top 15 highest paid players made it to the conference final round: you guessed it, Rudy Gobert.

Only one of the top ten leading scorers in the nba is still playing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Probably related to Matt Leinart.

Biggest cunt on Denver. Glad I’m not alone here.

Like holy shit little bro. You shot 2-9 in close out games when the wolves basically ignored you. Your only buckets were feeds from the best player on the planet

He was annoying last year but getting a ring in college and the nba got to his head

23 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Only one of the top ten leading scorers in the nba is still playing. 

Luka is obvious, but I would have thought Tatum made the cut. Ant, Brown and Irving have to be top 20 at least. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, aggie08 said:

Parroting terrible talk radio, but exactly 1 of the Top 15 highest paid players made it to the conference final round: you guessed it, Rudy Gobert.

KAT also. Luka and Kyrie just outside. 

Nothing like paying aging players superstar money when they’re way past their prime. 

Was listening to a Thunder podcast and they suggested that there was interest from Durant to come back for various reasons but not much interest from the team.  (These guys are from the Athletic and have been covering the team for 15 years.  They're not some random Twitter feed but take it for what it's worth.)

OKC and Presti are notoriously secretive so no one knows if they'd be interested or not.  It makes sense for all parties except that Phoenix will want too much.  OKC  won't touch their core three and a package of Giddey, Cason Wallace, and some draft picks might not be enough.  Phoenix is in a tough spot.  Durant doesn't have as much trade value as they think.  They could build around Booker again, I guess, but they're going to have to suck Beal's contract.

An interesting rumor, I thought.....

36 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Was listening to a Thunder podcast and they suggested that there was interest from Durant to come back for various reasons but not much interest from the team.  (These guys are from the Athletic and have been covering the team for 15 years.  They're not some random Twitter feed but take it for what it's worth.)

OKC and Presti are notoriously secretive so no one knows if they'd be interested or not.  It makes sense for all parties except that Phoenix will want too much.  OKC  won't touch their core three and a package of Giddey, Cason Wallace, and some draft picks might not be enough.  Phoenix is in a tough spot.  Durant doesn't have as much trade value as they think.  They could build around Booker again, I guess, but they're going to have to suck Beal's contract.

You’re an ou fan right?

4th team in 5 years or so? I say do it OKC.

Hire Doc Rivers while you’re at it

22 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

4th team in 5 years or so? I say do it OKC.

Hire Doc Rivers while you’re at it

That's my thinking, too, and prolly why OKC takes a pass.  That's a really young team and it's SGA's team at that.  Durant might say all the right things at first and he might even like not having to be the leader but by the spring, we'll be hearing that he's not happy with the offense or the coaching or something.

I don't know if possible at all but the Knicks would be an interesting spot. Send Randle, Bogdanovic and whatever else to make the money work and a few of the picks they've been hoarding. Suns can glimpse a future again with badly needed picks. KD could alter his somewhat disappointing legacy by bringing the first title in 50+ years to the biggest market. Those fucks still get on their knees for Frazier and Reed. They would worship KD until his grandchildren are dead and forgotten.

57 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

I don't know if possible at all but the Knicks would be an interesting spot. Send Randle, Bogdanovic and whatever else to make the money work and a few of the picks they've been hoarding. Suns can glimpse a future again with badly needed picks. KD could alter his somewhat disappointing legacy by bringing the first title in 50+ years to the biggest market. Those fucks still get on their knees for Frazier and Reed. They would worship KD until his grandchildren are dead and forgotten.

IMG_6157.gif.c835bbc62c772b7e429fa405ba591b6f.gif

This series will only go 6 if Boston lays their patented home egg in Game 5, up 3-1. 

Don't understand the people giving Indiana a real chance. They played a team without the 2nd best player on the planet and a meh as fuck Knicks team. Going to come back to earth quick. No. 1 offense and No. 2 defense with the best player in the series vs. No. 2 offense and No. 24 defense is a huge mismatch.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

That's my thinking, too, and prolly why OKC takes a pass.  That's a really young team and it's SGA's team at that.  Durant might say all the right things at first and he might even like not having to be the leader but by the spring, we'll be hearing that he's not happy with the offense or the coaching or something.

You're an ou fan right?

8 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Holy shit you're a mess.  Why?  Your posts smell like something out of oklahoma.

Why?  I'm just saying what I heard on a podcast and yes, that's Shai's team and yes, Durant will bitch about something within a year or two because he's done that everywhere he's been.  It's like saying Kawhi is going to have a mysterious injury.

1 minute ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Why?  I'm just saying what I heard on a podcast and yes, that's Shai's team and yes, Durant will bitch about something within a year or two because he's done that everywhere he's been.  It's like saying Kawhi is going to have a mysterious injury.

Espn Oklahoma GIF by College GameDay

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

This series will only go 6 if Boston lays their patented home egg in Game 5, up 3-1. 

Don't understand the people giving Indiana a real chance. They played a team without the 2nd best player on the planet and a meh as fuck Knicks team. Going to come back to earth quick. No. 1 offense and No. 2 defense with the best player in the series vs. No. 2 offense and No. 24 defense is a huge mismatch.

Yeah this was basically my take a couple nights ago.

Screenshot_20240521_195120_Messages.thumb.jpg.7fd4ec495587e78aaec88fb74110c9c3.jpg

I give Indiana a better chance in this series than most. Their pace (no pun) is weird for Boston. The Celtics get over reliant on the three point shot. Indiana will push it. Boston wants to play fast but nobody wants to play faster than Indiana. Boston is going to have to slow it down and it just ain’t their thing. 

• Hook 'Em 2