NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

35 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

giphy.gif

Love this Western Conf Final matchup.  In 4th qtr, Minny settled for too many jumpshots.  Also gonna more out of ANT late in games.  Wolves were definitely gassed in 4th qtr of GM 1.

Freakin' Luka and Kyrie are damn good closers.  

I know the Celtics are not liked on this site, but they were pretty damn good tonight. They win it in 6

Haliburton has a hamstring problem now

Indy’s all but cooked. Boston will have a week to rest while the west beats themselves up. They’re about to make last years nuggets run look like murderers row
  • Hook 'Em 1

So Boston gets the Heat with no Jimmy, the Cavs without Mitchell, and the Pacers (potentially) without Haliburton?  Good crap.  I guess if they crush the Wolves/Mavs winner it won’t matter. 

I also don’t get why people rag on the Nuggets run last year.  Wolves, Suns, Lakers, and Heat all had their star players. 

So Boston gets the Heat with no Jimmy, the Cavs without Mitchell, and the Pacers (potentially) without Haliburton?  Good crap.  I guess if they crush the Wolves/Mavs winner it won’t matter. 

I also don’t get why people rag on the Nuggets run last year.  Wolves, Suns, Lakers, and Heat all had their star players. 

Probably because of the seeds. 8, 4, 7, whatever Miami was, 7?

The #2 grizz and #3 kings also lost in the first round . Not that they were gonna beat Denver. West will be tougher next year with Memphis returning and Houston/San Antonio.

Some teams should regress- warriors, clippers, lakers due to age

Simmons has been calling for Brissett to play. Today he led the C's in +/- (+18) in 12 minutes.

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Probably because of the seeds. 8, 4, 7, whatever Miami was, 7?

Miami was an 8

52 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

West will be tougher next yr with Memphis returning and Houston/SA.  Some teams should regress- warriors, clippers, lakers due to age

giphy.gif

Awesome last sentence above...

Well, when you’re the 1 seed by definition you have to play an 8 and a 4/5. The Lakers got it together after the trade deadline and nobody believed that Heat team was the 8th worst team in the East. Agree the West is way better this year but shit the East is way worse. 

On 5/20/2024 at 4:16 PM, Reynolds Woodcock said:

You find him "vulgar and lewd"? Are you a 1950s housewife or something. jesus fucking christ, get a grip. 

This actually did make me LOL. I don’t care how they talk so long as they aren’t doing something or saying something that intentionally hurts others. The NBA is lucky to have guys like Edwards, Jokic, Doncic and others.  It’s a fun time especially if you are just a fan of the sport in general. 

4 hours ago, MrX said:

So Boston gets the Heat with no Jimmy, the Cavs without Mitchell, and the Pacers (potentially) without Haliburton?

Boston won the East by 14 games.  Largest gap in either division since the NBA/ABA merger.
3-0 vs Miami regular season
2-1 vs Cleveland regular season
3-2 vs Indiana regular season
The odds were well in their favor to come out of the East, regardless of who was playing.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

This actually did make me LOL. I don’t care how they talk so long as they aren’t doing something or saying something that intentionally hurts others. The NBA is lucky to have guys like Edwards, Jokic, Doncic and others.  It’s a fun time especially if you are just a fan of the sport in general. 

I get that. I really love his (Ant's) game. I just don't like him as a human being and find him hard to stomach off the court.

I guess it's an age old problem that Sir Charles addressed himself in the early 90's with the "I'm not your kids role model, I'm a basketball player first and foremost" comments that was deemed controversial in the pre-internet era.

Edited by BeardIP

4 hours ago, Mittens said:

Boston won the East by 14 games.  Largest gap in either division since the NBA/ABA merger.
3-0 vs Miami regular season
2-1 vs Cleveland regular season
3-2 vs Indiana regular season
The odds were well in their favor to come out of the East, regardless of who was playing.

Sure, but those are three lottery teams without Butler / Mitchell & Allen /  Halliburton. Literally, they would be among the 10 worst teams in the NBA. Better than Detroit, Washington, Portland and Charlotte, but even Atlanta and Chicago would have given them a better challenge.  Sac, GS, Houston, & Utah -- none of whom made the playoffs -- would have been more competitive.

It's the luckiest run, ever. And it's very disappointing from a fans perspective. The NBA playoffs are supposed to be basketball played at its highest and most competitive level. Who wants to watch this shit?

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Sure, but those are three lottery teams without Butler / Mitchell & Allen /  Halliburton. Literally, they would be among the 10 worst teams in the NBA. Better than Detroit, Washington, Portland and Charlotte, but even Atlanta and Chicago would have given them a better challenge.  Sac, GS, Houston, & Utah -- none of whom made the playoffs -- would have been more competitive.

It's the luckiest run, ever. And it's very disappointing from a fans perspective. The NBA playoffs are supposed to be basketball played at its highest and most competitive level. Who wants to watch this shit?

I'm sure you were very upset for the fans when Tatum was playing with a broken wrist in the '22 playoffs or rolled his ankle in G7 of last year's ECF.  We can pull your posts where you lamented the lessened fan experience when both teams weren't at full strength, yes?  Not that Boston deserved the loss when their All-NBA forward couldn't walk?  

Boston beat those teams at full strength during the regular season, so it's not like they're getting over on a better team.  Would it have been more entertaining if all the series were going 7?  Sure.  You're whining about something that no one has any control over.  Life isn't fair - if it was, we'd all have giant crabs in our bathrooms.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Maybe a dumb question but why can’t NBC just hire the Inside the NBA guys and keep the show format going?

I may be misremembering but I think I read that Ernie doesn't want to leave Turner. But I'm sure he would be willing to rethink that position if his new paycheck has enough zeroes. 

Minny back to jacking too many terrible 3's.

Need to attack inside and get to the free throw line more often in 4th qtr.   Allows wolves to rest, and set up their half court defense more.