NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

On 4/6/2024 at 2:42 PM, Kermit said:

That’s definitely not a pick I would’ve made, but he’s one of my favorite non-Spur players ever. I’m happy for him. 

At some point, the NBA is going to have to strongly consider its own HOF with very stringent qualifying requirements. The one thing I love about the BHOF is that it encompasses so much of the coaches, contributors, and international players, as well as teams. But, the NBA needs a hall of the very, very best, where inclusion means that you did something truly special with your career. Just my opinion.

I like it how it is to be honest. Basketball is a truly worldwide sport and the hall needs to continue to be seen as such. I like that they are inclusive in who is in there. The more the merrier is probably what sums up my feelings. The NBA creating a hall of fame will never happen. 

4 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Me thinkin Glen didn’t know the team would be this good in the last few years after he agreed to sell to Lore/ARod. Now he’s looking for any blemish on their end to say no deal

Classic case of sellers remorse

I think the value of the Twolves is up 80% since 2021.  Also heard Arod had issues securing funding so the Wolves owner exercised the opt out.

Denver should still win the west and get a 2nd title. They are just better than everyone else. I don’t care if THOSE GUYS make the finals and have home court advantage. The Nuggets will still win the title again this year. Minnesota and OKC are still too young and not as tested as Denver is. It still should be a fun year for the playoffs though.

They’re incredibly clutch in the 4th…gotta win the non Jokic minutes. Wolves didn’t do shit in those.

Once the wolves missed FTs, jackson hit that .1 3 pter and joker got an and 1 after beating Rudy to the ball…wolves just went pear shaped
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, MNLonghornFUKM said:

They’re incredibly clutch in the 4th…gotta win the non Jokic minutes. Wolves didn’t do shit in those.

Once the wolves missed FTs, jackson hit that .1 3 pter and joker got an and 1 after beating Rudy to the ball…wolves just went pear shaped

I would imagine games like this are good for Edwards. The moments that win you a title and/or titles are often the ones that come in defeats. The mental side of the game will eventually catch up for your guys. It just takes time and continuity. Same thing that has Denver in the position they are currently.

Good for him. Crazy to think that Jrue and Dame are both 33. Milwaukee will be paying Dame about 20m a year more for the next 4 years vs what Boston will be paying Jrue. 

Jrue Holiday agrees to 4-year, $135M extension with Celtics

After arriving in a blockbuster offseason trade, Boston Celtics guard Jrue Holiday has agreed on a four-year, $135 million contract extension, his agent, Jason Glushon of Glushon Sports Management, told ESPN on Wednesday.

Holiday is declining his $37.3 million player option for 2024-25 to sign a long-term deal that'll take him through the 2027-28 season, Glushon said.

Holiday's extension saves the Celtics several million dollars on the cap next year and aids in keeping together a talented and expensive core of Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Kristaps Porzingis, Derrick White and Holiday that has led the franchise to the NBA's best record this season. With Holiday's extension, the Celtics are destined to operate as a second apron team in 2024-25, restricting their free agency and trade options for exceeding the highest payroll threshold.

Holiday will become the fourth player to sign a guaranteed deal worth more than $100 million at 33 or older -- a list that also includes LeBron James, Stephen Curry and Al Horford.

The timing of the deal largely mirrors Holiday's arrival and extension with the Milwaukee Bucks in the 2021 season. Holiday arrived in a trade from New Orleans, taking several months to gauge his confidence and comfort in the organization before signing a similar four-year, $135 million contract extension. In the ensuing months, Holiday won an NBA championship and an Olympic gold medal -- something he'll try to repeat in 2024 with the Celtics and Team USA.

Holiday's scoring average understandably dropped upon joining the Celtics' starry lineup, but he's shooting a career-best 43% on 3-pointers -- including 62% on corner 3s, which would be the best over a season for any NBA player with 50-plus attempts in the past 25 years.

He remains one of the most versatile and accomplished defenders, matching up this season against guards, forwards and centers. For example, Holiday -- a five-time All-NBA defensive selection -- has defended 19 players for 40-plus half-court matchups this season, including New York's Jalen Brunson, Milwaukee's Giannis Antetokounmpo and New Orleans' Zion Williamson, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

Holiday arrived to the Celtics in a September trade from the Portland Trail Blazers, where he spent several days in the aftermath of a three-way deal that landed Damian Lillard with the Bucks. The extension further thins the free agent market, eliminating a player in Holiday who would've been coveted throughout the league -- especially in Philadelphia, where there's a possibility of a maximum salary slot.

What the fuck are you talking about? Go to gamecast - scroll down - there's the injury report. It isn't ESPN's fault you don't know how to use their app. They have by far the best live scores app and have for a long time. 

I’m not on the app dumbass, I’m on the website. Another reason to hate ESPN is their shit is location based, so the app and the website gives me cricket, rugby and ping pong and shit.

TLDR: shut the fuck up

4 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Good for him. Crazy to think that Jrue and Dame are both 33. Milwaukee will be paying Dame about 20m a year more for the next 4 years vs what Boston will be paying Jrue. 

Jrue Holiday agrees to 4-year, $135M extension with Celtics

The Bucks look really bad right now. Not only did they trade for and go all-in with an overrated player, but they may have put Boston over the top in the process.

Edited by Pam Cummings

Denver has got to be the prohibitive favorite, at least in the conference. They dicked around the first half of the season and are still going to wind up with homecourt in the west.

Jokic is just unbelievable. I don't know how you defend him. He can run over you and power to the basket just about anytime he wants, and his touch around the rim to about 8 feet is just incredible. I don't think he ever misses one of those little floater/runner things he puts up. He can shoot the three. You run dribble hand offs with him all day. The Murray/Jokic pick and roll -- which they can run with either one as the screener -- is lethal. And then you have Porter, Murray, and KCP all who are knock down shooters around him with Gordon as the dunker. And oh yeah, Jokic just happens to be the best passer I've seen since Magic. He'll just pick you apart. They are so tough to beat because they are going to get a good shot in crunch time damn near every time down the court.

The other thing that makes Denver so tough is how well their role players know and play their role. Michael Porter Jr used to go off and try to do more than he should. He's so settled in now into what he does and so damn efficient. Same with Gordon and their bench guys. Denver is going to be a really, really tough out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Jokic “it’s just another game” and then goes nuclear on one of the favorites for DPOY lol. And that was after he was goofing off during the opening tip off 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yea we need KAT to at least body Joker. Naz Reid just isn’t tall or strong enough enough to go toe to toe. AG is an absolute non threat if Rudy sags but rudy had to guard joker too much for our liking

Then they start getting dunks, and 1s etc and yea, rest is history

Reggie Jackson’s 3 and jokers crazy and 1 were back breakers

2 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Dallas has the 2nd best player, and the best 2nd best player. The same might be true about the Clippers instead though. Combine that with the testy history between the squads and should be a great rd1 matchup

I'm not sad to see the Clippers and Mavs matched up in the playoffs.  Both have been really hot since the ASB.

• Like 1

If Phoenix beats Sacramento and Golden State beats New Orleans tonight (both heavily favored), Golden State almost certainly gets the 8 seed. Which means GS can climb to the 7 seed by beating Phoenix in the play in. Denver wouldn't give a fuck, but I doubt OKC or Minnesota really want to see Steph and Co. in round one with their 2nd best record in the league since mid January and winners of 17 of their last 21 road games.

Sunshine pumping over. Now that I typed that, the Pelicans are going to win by 25 tonight.

If Phoenix beats Sacramento and Golden State beats New Orleans tonight (both heavily favored), Golden State almost certainly gets the 8 seed. Which means GS can climb to the 7 seed by beating Phoenix in the play in. Denver wouldn't give a fuck, but I doubt OKC or Minnesota really want to see Steph and Co. in round one with their 2nd best record in the league since mid January and winners of 17 of their last 21 road games.
Sunshine pumping over. Now that I typed that, the Pelicans are going to win by 25 tonight.

Tonight’s night cap gonna be interesting. Suns/Kings and warriors/pelicans. If the pelicans and kings win, suns are in the play in.

20 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Quotation marks emphasized. 

Screenshot_20240412-221049.png

hahahahah

I get that, but in his defense.... he did score 28 points tonight!
And that's despite not playing the last ~8 minutes(?) after getting nearly KO'd.

*Against the Lakers

• Haha 1

On the wolves broadcast they showed the final of your game on the video board at target center. I think the fans cheered louder seeing SA beat Denver on the big screen than they did MN barely beating Atlantas bench

Fuck Kawhi Leonard
Quit kissing ass.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So if Minnesota wins the finale, Round 1 will look like this

OKC-GS

Minnesota-Phoenix

Denver-New Orleans

LAC-Dallas

But if Phoenix wins on the road...

OKC-GS

Denver-NOLA/Lakers

Minnesota-Phoenix

LAC-Dallas

I think Minnesota-Phoenix Round 1 is very likely regardless of the outcome Sunday.

4 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Welp.

19 minutes ago, Sweetnsourpoke said:

Have they done away with the play in tournament? How did Golden State automatically become the 8th seed? 

18 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Wut?

1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

So if Minnesota wins the finale, Round 1 will look like this

OKC-GS

Minnesota-Phoenix

Denver-New Orleans

LAC-Dallas

But if Phoenix wins on the road...

OKC-GS

Denver-NOLA/Lakers

Minnesota-Phoenix

LAC-Dallas

I think Minnesota-Phoenix Round 1 is very likely regardless of the outcome Sunday.

@aggie08 - @Sweetnsourpoke is referring to the above post.

13 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Which means GS can climb to the 7 seed by beating Phoenix in the play in. Denver wouldn't give a fuck, but I doubt OKC or Minnesota really want to see Steph and Co. in round one with their 2nd best record in the league since mid January and winners of 17 of their last 21 road games.

This site would be better if there weren't any dipshit Warriors fans posting here.