NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

Denver played with fire all last series against the Lakers. Won 4-1 but the Lakers looked like the better team most that series. Lakers blew some huge leads and Murray won a few games on buzzer beaters. If the Lakers had just a little more in the tank talent wise, they easily win that series. Denver has looked way off these playoffs. Minnesota isn't fucking around right now.

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

Won 4-1 but the Lakers looked like the better team most that series. Lakers blew some huge leads and Murray won a few games on buzzer beaters.

Fucking stop this stupid shit. Most playoff games (not this one) are won in the 4th quarter. When you suck shit through a straw when it matters the most, you are absolutely not "the better team most of that series." You built up an empty calories lead on a team that is supremely confident that they have your number.

• Hook 'Em 2

38 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Fucking stop this stupid shit. Most playoff games (not this one) are won in the 4th quarter. When you suck shit through a straw when it matters the most, you are absolutely not "the better team most of that series." You built up an empty calories lead on a team that is supremely confident that they have your number.

Very true but Denver looked like something was missing and Murray was hurting.  But damn, i definitely didn’t see this coming.  MJ II and crew.  That D.  Damn.  

What an ass kicking. I’m not even sure what Denver can do to adjust other than Jokic puts up 30 shots which might win you 2 games but not 4. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, aggie08 said:

I like the Lakers chances in that series if they could guard the 3 point line, like at all. How many wide open 3s did Michael Porter shoot? It was the entire series, nobody wants to guard the other team's best 3 pt shooter? That's why I laugh when people say they "scapegoated" Darvin Ham, as if he is completely without blame for them underachieving. 

The Wolves almost make it look too easy, great rotations defensively and hardly ever allow wide open looks from 3pt land. You can see the disappointed body language for them defensively on the rare occasions where they allow an open 3pt shot. They are just operating on a different level with a much higher standard right now with their defense.

Edited by Pam Cummings

1 hour ago, Scraps said:

No dog in the fight....but Denver looks like a bunch of gaping vaginas including their HC

I'm not gonna flip the switch but it seems like Minny just isn't intimidated by Denver whereas every other team is.  They don't seem to give a fuck that they're playing the best player in the world.  Easy to say now, but the rest of the Nugs roster is very good, but there are no top 15 players on them.  Sum of the parts and all that razz.

Denver got wrecked at home, and that was without Gobert. I thought this would be an easy win for them without Rudy, but they just couldn't get anything going on offense. The Twolves defense is so vicious, and it's so much fun to watch. I'm rooting for them to come out of the West. 

I do think it's a little funny that the Wolves played their best game in probably the past 20 years when Gobert sat. They are 100x more difficult to defend when Reid is out there, and their defense actually got better. When you have two bigs who can shoot threes in KAT and Reid, the entire floor opens up for Edwards. It's difficult to help off of him and not leave somebody open. That was probably the best defensive game I've ever seen out of KAT. It's like Anthony Edwards performed a brain transplant on him.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Ass beating.  Denver feels like that bully that finally got punched in the mouth

So when MJ finally got Detroit.  Love it.  

edit: of course MN came from out of nowhere to put this ass whoopin down.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc

Posted (edited)

I definitely felt like I was taking crazy pills when the TV people acted like Denver was a shoo-in, or that this would be a dynastic type of run for them. They deserved to be favorites but there were a lot of alarm bells that people should have been paying attention to from that Lakers series.

Edited by Pam Cummings

It’s fucking hard to win back to back. NBA dominance is fleeting. Can’t believe that Ant is already this fucking good at 22. 

Denver took all that animosity and feelings of irrelevance from the Laker series and…

spinal tap GIF by Comic-Con HQ

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Message Board User said:

4 seed Phoenix

7 seed Lakers

8 seed Miami

Those were all very solid teams... and they didn't need more than 5 against anyone save PHO.

2020 Lakers and 2015 GS off the top of my head both had candy-ass runs. 

Edited by ztejas

Rudy got a $100K fine and 1 game shadow ban for making the money gesture

Murray gets $100K for money gesture, threw a heat pack onto court, threw towel at official, being an overall bitch.

Guess the nba hates the thought of a night with no game since we would’ve waxed that ass without Murray.

4 hours ago, Message Board User said:

These last 2 games really take some of the shine off Denver's 2023 title - one of the easiest paths to the title maybe ever:

8 seed Minnesota

4 seed Phoenix

7 seed Lakers

8 seed Miami

They still killed everybody so it’s a legit title. Who was going to beat them last year?

4 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Getting way ahead of myself, but still: who here had Minnesota v. OKC as their WCF matchup?

teams always have to lose before they can win. minnesota and their players have never been there before, while okc has never been there before and they have a major question mark when it comes to size/interior play. zero chance i would have believed that could be the finals matchup without any impactful injuries to star players from opposing teams. no chance.

Getting way ahead of myself, but still: who here had Minnesota v. OKC as their WCF matchup?

Idk who were we supposed to have? All of the warning signs were there

Roster construction: most of the west have absolutely terrible benches, no youth or athleticism. MN and OKC check all 3 with their starters and bench players

OKC super young, way ahead of schedule don’t look intimidated by the lights at all

Min: Young but with veteran leadership sprinkled in

Denver: in their prime, no bench tho (we knew that going in)

Clippers: very old, aren’t winning with these has beens and played better with their supposed best player injured, no bench or picks

Dallas: good youth and starters got better at trade deadline. Not sold on their bench especially if THJ is tossing bricks

Suns: about to be past prime. Not a single bench player worth anything, no control over picks for 5 years

Lakers: patchwork roster, window basically shut, might win a series

Pelicans: some youth, Zion obviously unreliable and appear to be moving on from Ingram (incredibly smart) have some work to do, I thought they underachieved big time

Golden state: done

Sacramento: good youth need some wing depth but might lose monk which would hurt big time

Memphis and probably houston will replace a couple of these teams. Could add SA in the mix if they make a couple of right moves, played better down the stretch to close out their season
  • Hook 'Em 1