• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Woodrow Call said:

I think they'll take 

Washington

Texas

SEC winner 

Michigan

If they're really interested in the four best during the season and at the end of the season. 

Should, sure.

But they're not leaving out a 13-0 ACC champ, if FSU wins.

We need Louisville to take care of business.

I can see an undefeated FSU getting left out if Bama and Texas are both sitting on a loss and it becomes a questions of leaving the SEC out. I think they will fuck over FSU because that will be less controversial than leaving out Texas who beat the SEC champ head to head. 
It'll depend on how FSU wins. If they win 49-10, then they're in. If they win 10-7, then maybe not.

1 minute ago, Modessit said:

1. Washington win. emoji736.png

2. Texas win. emoji736.png

3. Georgia win.

4. Michigan win.

5. Florida State loss. Or very crappy win.

2 out of the optimum scenario done. Alabama could win if Florida State loses. Then Texas AND Alabama might get in and leave Georgia out, but I'd rather not risk them putting Georgia and Alabama in and leaving us out.

We need to root for a Bama win right now, and if you cant understand that, you cant be helped. 

Just now, Modessit said:
1 minute ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:
I can see an undefeated FSU getting left out if Bama and Texas are both sitting on a loss and it becomes a questions of leaving the SEC out. I think they will fuck over FSU because that will be less controversial than leaving out Texas who beat the SEC champ head to head. 

It'll depend on how FSU wins. If they win 49-10, then they're in. If they win 10-7, then maybe not.

Agreed. How the game looks is very important. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Modessit said:

1. Washington win. emoji736.png

2. Texas win. emoji736.png

3. Georgia win.

4. Michigan win.

5. Florida State loss. Or very crappy win.

2 out of the optimum scenario done. Alabama could win if Florida State loses. Then Texas AND Alabama might get in and leave Georgia out, but I'd rather not risk them putting Georgia and Alabama in and leaving us out.

That isn't optimum, but whatever, but I guess it would do. 

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [UW FIRST IN,TEX clinch with FSU loss]

There isn't the team in the country that wants to play us right now. This team can have trouble playing with full intensity at times, but once we got past Iowa State that became a non issue. Our hair is on fire if they put us in the playoff and they know it. If we had to play FSU for a spot in the playoff we would cover whatever they needed us to. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Modessit said:

I don't trust the committee to leave out the SEC and put us in if FSU rolls Louisville. Better to not have to worry about it.

So... You'd rather the committee automatically let Georgia in if FSU rolls rather than giving us a chance if Alabama does? That is fucking stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 3

It doesn't matter, although some think there's actually a chance the secsecsec gets left out if Bama wins. The secsecsec is in either way, fsu is the game that matters 
If you think the SEC is in no matter what, and Washington is already in, and Michigan is in, then if FSU blows out Louisville and gets in - that leaves us out. If the SEC winner is Bama that puts Bama in and leaves us out. Which would suck. Might as well just have Georgia win and hoped that even if FSU wins they look shitty enough to justify us going in over them.

Just now, Dahobbs said:

So... You'd rather the committee automatically let Georgia in if FSU rolls rather than giving us a chance if Alabama does? That is fucking stupid. 

Mainly because it's hard to envision any scenario where the SEC champion doesn't get in, regardless of what happened in Tuscaloosa in September.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, David Dennison said:

Mainly because it's hard to envision any scenario where the SEC champion doesn't get in, regardless of what happened in Tuscaloosa in September.

Again, if Michigan, FSU, and Georgia win, we have no chance of getting in. I swear, y'all have fucking brain damage. 

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

What is this ESPN FPI bullshit? I see FSU is favored by just 1. So pretty much even money. But the FPI gives FSU a 72% chance to win

That's based on team stats. It doesn't take into account the QB injury(ies). 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

What is this ESPN FPI bullshit? I see FSU is favored by just 1. So pretty much even money. But the FPI gives FSU a 72% chance to win

FPI doesnt account for injuries

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Texas is in over Bama. They played a game on the field and it was decisive. 

9 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

It doesn't matter, although some think there's actually a chance the secsecsec gets left out if Bama wins. The secsecsec is in either way, fsu is the game that matters 

The people that think it matters are worried about 2 SEC teams getting in, and they’re idiots. 

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

I think Washington winning actually helped Texas. There is a 0.0% chance that the committee would have seen the error of their ways, admitted to being wrong, and put UT in over Oregon if both won. They would have wanted absolutely no part in trying to explain how a team with the [had they won] Heisman winner who beat an undefeated Top 3 team for their conference champion got jumped by a team that beat a 3-loss OSU. Zero point zero.

There was a 0.000000000001% chance that if Georgia won, Louisville won, and Oregon won extremely controversially with the NCAA coming out and admitting that UW got screwed and should have won, that a one-loss UW gets in over a UT that hypothetically struggled to beat OSU.

So both functionally zero, but you guys have spent 72 pages arguing about it, so congrats.

Then again, I have absolutely no idea what playing meaningful football in December feels like, so I can't judge.

It wouldn’t matter.  Udub would have been 1 loss team without conference championship.  They’d likely fall behind OSU.  

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

We all understand that.

Four undefeated finalists would be easier to stomach than getting left out because Alabama leapfrogs us.

So you're rooting for a moral victory rather than a chance to get in? Again, brain damage?!?

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Haha 1

If FSU beats Louisville, then our only route in would be a Bama win. So this is kind of a head scratcher. 
If FSU beats Louisville BIG, then we're out regardless. They aren't going to sit Bama for us despite the H2H. If FSU barely wins or loses, we aren't guaranteed with a Bama win. They could easily put Georgia in over us even when they shouldn't.

1 minute ago, Modessit said:
18 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:
If FSU beats Louisville, then our only route in would be a Bama win. So this is kind of a head scratcher. 

If FSU beats Louisville BIG, then we're out regardless. They aren't going to sit Bama for us despite the H2H. If FSU barely wins or loses, we aren't guaranteed with a Bama win. They could easily put Georgia in over us even when they shouldn't.

I think they will. In fact, I am very confident. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Okay dumbasses the committee has said time and time again and throughout the entire rankings that Alabama is not passing Texas right now. They mentioned that they don't care about when the wins happened they mentioned that they care where the wins happen and they have ranked UT>Bama all season long come on

6 minutes ago, linux said:

Okay dumbasses the committee has said time and time again and throughout the entire rankings that Alabama is not passing Texas right now. They mentioned that they don't care about when the wins happened they mentioned that they care where the wins happen and they have ranked UT>Bama all season long come on

That's before Alabama wins the SEC by beating the undefeated number one team in the country.

They also said strength of schedule, wins over quality opponents, etc were most important, then put Oregon above us because of completion percentage.
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Modessit said:
18 minutes ago, linux said:

They also said strength of schedule, wins over quality opponents, etc were most important, then put Oregon above us because of completion percentage.

You're worried about the non final rankings. They never mattered. 

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]