THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]

texifornia

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [UW FIRST IN]
1 hour ago, Horny04 said:

I disagree. Oregon has been ranked ahead of us all season. Their one loss is to a top 4 team that they would have just beaten. They win, they're in without a doubt over us.

Oregon loses and we're the clear top one-loss team. With that and a FSU loss I think they'd have a really hard time leaving us out regardless of other outcomes.

This is where I land.

If FSU loses and we win, we are in now regardless of anything else (e.g. Bama beating Georgia)

Edited by BeardIP

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

No, Oregon winning would have been better for Texas because it could have or would have (depending on tomorrow's results) created a decision to be made. 

But it's over now. Need a loss by FSU or Michigan (ha).

I don't believe for a second the committee would have jumped us over Oregon had they won. I don't think tonight's game affected our chances one bit.

Given that, I'm glad Oregon lost. We win and the committee will FINALLY put us ahead of them.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

No, Oregon winning would have been better for Texas because it could have or would have (depending on tomorrow's results) created a decision to be made. 

We already know what that decision would have been. They already made it. The committee wears Bo Nix pajamas.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

We already know what that decision would have been. They already made it. The committee wears Bo Nix pajamas.

I guess we should just let these people believe they were suddenly going to move Oregon down after beating an undefeated Washington for the conference championship. Like, oh shit, we’ve been mistaken for weeks now and they just had their best win of the season, but our bad.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I guess we should just let these people believe they were suddenly going to move Oregon down after beating an undefeated Washington for the conference championship. Like, oh shit, we’ve been mistaken for weeks now and they just had their best win of the season, but our bad.

It wasn't that simple, but you go ahead and keep telling yourself that your big brane has all the answers.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

0.1% (or whatever it would have been)  is better than 0%. Not my fault you don't understand simple probability. 

0.0%

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

It wasn't that simple, but you go ahead and keep telling yourself that your big brane has all the answers.

It was that simple.

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

God damn for the millionth time. Pick two of Texas, Oregon, and Bama. That was a legit possibility and probably a, I don’t know, 25% chance of Oregon being the team left out. Washington winning helps us 0 possible percent.

People are simple, stupid animals. 

• Like 2

Just now, Vic Mackey said:
2 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:
Iowa loss doesn't help us.

How? Big 10 would no longer have an undefeated team. Michigan would not be a conference champion. Neither would Ohio State. And Iowa isn't in the mix. We would be ahead of both Michigan and Ohio State

... He wrote Iowa loss instead of Michigan loss. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

24 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

You’re correct about Oregon but I prefer DeBoer to Lanning so there’s that. I’m also increasingly convinced that we get in with a win in Arlington and a win by any one of Louisville, Bama or Iowa. I don’t see a scenario where we lose out to another 1-loss team if there aren’t four undefeated conference champs. Obviously, a win by Louisville makes it academic.

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Washington is locking in a spot. It isn't ideal, but not the end of the world. Oregon winning a tight one while looking bad would have been better. 

I am having a hard time picturing that game. If Oregon had gotten that onside kick and gone down and scored the Bo Nix Legend would have been secured and everyone would be saying it was the most glorious thing ever. No way they get left out.

I mean how do you look bad beating a 12-0 #3 ranked team in a championship game?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

They did that to Baylor and TCU the very first year of this bullshit.  None of the rankings matter but the last one.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I am having a hard time picturing that game. If Oregon had gotten that onside kick and gone down and scored the Bo Nix Legend would have been secured and everyone would be saying it was the most glorious thing ever. No way they get left out.

I mean how do you look bad beating a 12-0 #3 ranked team in a championship game?

Bunch of ints or fumbles. Just generally a sloppy game. It was looking that way for a hot second with the back to back picks. 

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

They did that to Baylor and TCU the very first year of this bullshit.  None of the rankings matter but the last one.

Correct. None of the prior rankings mean anything. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to THE College Football Playoff Rankings Thread [MICH,WASH,TEX,ALA]