Texas Rangers Offseason 2023-2024

ztejas

17 minutes ago, TxTower said:

How does Jung not even make the top three for ROY?

Triston Casas 40 more walks and substandard 1st base defense was more valuable than Josh's premium 3rd base defense and otherwise identical offensive numbers, in the eyes of the Boston loving baseball writers

i'm not upset about our guys not getting the individual awards.  i think this year is the rare case of a manager really having a huge positive effect.  he chess-matched the hell out of every playoff game and had us win a world series where it didn't look exactly like we had the individual talent to do so.  

Manager of the year comp:

83 wins to 101 wins yoy, won Al east, lost all 3 playoff games played. 

68 wins to 90 wins, 11-0 on the road in the playoffs, World Series championship. 

Aside from the AL east bias probably at play, I think it’s a 2 year award for Hyde for doubling wins in 2 seasons.  Maybe payroll had something to do with it, but anyone that follows the game should know that salaries don’t correlate to performance. 

17 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Not great news, but good news at for 2025 and beyond. Rangers and Bally’s are terminating contract after 2024 season.

https://www.si.com/mlb/rangers/news/texas-rangers-leaving-bally-sports-2024-season-new-television-broadcast-deal

What are some realistic landing spots? Will I finally be able to watch the Rangers on Youtube TV?

Wonder how hard Woodward was rooting against the rangers this year.  Wow. Worst in the west to World Series winner immediately after firing you. Totally unrelated facts I’m sure. 
*(A’s are not a MLB team)
Getting rid of JD was a huge move. No way Bochy wants to work with JD and no way JD would hire Bochy. He would hire another no name spare who has no business being a manager. We finally had a manager advantage during the playoffs. Something we never had under JD with his hires.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:
Wonder how hard Woodward was rooting against the rangers this year.  Wow. Worst in the west to World Series winner immediately after firing you. Totally unrelated facts I’m sure. 
*(A’s are not a MLB team)

Getting rid of JD was a huge move. No way Bochy wants to work with JD and no way JD would hire Bochy. He would hire another no name spare who has no business being a manager. We finally had a manager advantage during the playoffs. Something we never had under JD with his hires.

I don't hold any ill-will for Woodward.  I think he could end up being a solid manager in The Show at some point.  He was hired for a rebuild.  You hire "the guy" when you feel the rebuild is near complete.  

Unfortunately, Wash is getting hired for the same job at LAA.  

36 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Because it sucks ass. 

Really helpful. Thanks. 

12 minutes ago, Dr Fear said:
55 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:
So, why do people hate Bally's so much?

I personally think it's fine, but it really comes down to access and lack of an OTT streaming option.

Hmm.... I've known what OTT is for about 30 seconds. No wonder I don't have a problem with Bally's.

Hmm.... I've known what OTT is for about 30 seconds. No wonder I don't have a problem with Bally's.
When Bally's bought the Fox RSNs they said they would have a streaming app in the 6 or whatever months later when baseball started. It wasn't ready and was rolled out on a limited basis a year later. By that time their financial condition had seriously deteriorated and MLB and the teams weren't willing to give them a multi year deal for streaming.

Bally is in bankruptcy.  It's flexibility, pricing, reach, and offerings reflected that.  $75 / month for a network that offers you nothing more than something you used to get over the air for free is always going to be a hard sell.  Having a literal collapsing network being the one doing it is orders of magnitude worse.

Bally is in bankruptcy.  It's flexibility, pricing, reach, and offerings reflected that.  $75 / month for a network that offers you nothing more than something you used to get over the air for free is always going to be a hard sell.  Having a literal collapsing network being the one doing it is orders of magnitude worse.
Absolutely.

But yeah, other than that, they are fine....lmao

1 hour ago, gofuckyourself said:

A (soon to not be) Angels player likely collects another MVP trophy today to add to their collection of worthless hardware.

Truly astounding how they wasted having two of the greatest players of the last ten years.

Seinfeld-that's-a-shame.gif

the best part about baseball.  you only get to bat every nine guys.  you only get to pitch every five days.  you can't just hand it to jordan every time down the court.  have to have a full team.

I'm sure Bally is fine if you're on cable. But it is the worst steaming app I've ever used.  Fast forwarding and rewinding is horrible, it constantly has load issues, it asks for a password every other time you use it, the entire app was down for a couple nights a week ago. 

Not to mention, if you wanted to just pay for the App by itself aside from DirecTV, the Mavs and Stars were available but the Rangers weren't.

Not great.

• Like 1

A full postseason share for the World Series champion Texas Rangers totaled $506,263 

----

Texas split $38.8 million into 64 full shares, 12.56 partial shares and $48,000 in cash awards, the commissioner's office said Tuesday. 

----

The pool includes 60% from the first first two games of each wild-card series, the first three games of each Division Series and the first four games of each League Championship Series and the World Series. 

Hell of a payday for guys like Little Josh. 

• Hook 'Em 1