Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread

dad

1 hour ago, mr.goodkat said:

bran is the history keeper . he knows all the nk wanted to wipe out all man and their history . bran is not hindered by emotion even with the man that crippled him . ying / yang  yada yada . benjen stark died helping jon escape the horde of ww after the first dragon died .  cersi and jaimie dying together being crushed by a symbol of their(lannister)  power "the red keep " i agree it was ....under whelming but was at least a stab at poetic . 

Good post.  But remember, Jamie didn't care about power and Cersei was a steward of power.  So yeah, she was a bitch, and she fucked over a lot of people, but her death was just that, her death.  It's like being pissed that Marge Schott died of food poisoning.. Shit happens

The Metallica score really improves the scene.  Makes me want Dany to just kill everyone in the finale.  Have some court jester strumming the beginning of Battery on his lute during the victory feast and then Drogon just unleashes on the dining hall when the shit kicks in.

22 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

Pretty awesome ep after rewatch. 

The action is exciting for sure. It's just hardly any of the character's decisions or plot make sense.

I definitely will be reading the books now to get the real story.

18 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

And that was....

he apparently fought a white and was injured / killed however the childrens of the forest stopped the undead magic   . so he was a undead hybrid  who could not travel too close to the wall or pass through it due to magic . 

12 minutes ago, Theo Huxtable said:

In one episode, how the hell are they supposed to wrap up the stories of Jon, Dany, Sansa, Tyrion, Bran, Sam, and Arya? It could only be done with some weird thing where Bran wargs into the dead NK and kills everyone, right?

Yup, I'm certain it will be seamless and not lazy at all.

And on that note, here is what Theon would've been doing if he had made it to episode 5.

kso2sb6dfry21.jpg

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Dumb question amnesty please: Was it ever explained how or who or when the wall was built?

No. Thought to be done by Bran the Builder but it’s not known for sure and we’re told it was built with magic but no one knows exactly how. All we know is undead dragon fire was magical enough to bet out whatever magic it was built with. 

The GOT prequel they’re currently casting for is rumored to be about the Long Night, which ended with the wall being built right after, so we may find out in the prequel series.

1 hour ago, Theo Huxtable said:

In one episode, how the hell are they supposed to wrap up the stories of Jon, Dany, Sansa, Tyrion, Bran, Sam, and Arya? It could only be done with some weird thing where Bran wargs into the dead NK and kills everyone, right?

Spoiler: They won't

1 hour ago, Theo Huxtable said:

In a callback to the comet appearing early on, a giant meteor lands in the narrow sea, causing tsunamis that wipe out almost all human life in Eastern Westeros and western essos. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

I'm betting they do a montage. Put a brief clip up with a freeze on the character's face...

Robyn Arryn got lost on his way leaving the Vale and died after he fell off his horse.

------

Howland Reed reunited with Meera and they unfortunately were killed by the Night King on their way to Winterfell.

------

Bronn never got his castle, but visits Tyrion at the Red Keep every Thanksgiving.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MoJames said:

I'm betting they do a montage. Put a brief clip up with a freeze on the character's face...

Robyn Arryn got lost on his way leaving the Vale and died after he fell off his horse.

------

Howland Reed reunited with Meera and they unfortunately were killed by the Night King on their way to Winterfell.

------

Bronn never got his castle, but visits Tyrion at the Red Keep every Thanksgiving.

After a heroic battle, Salaador Saan finally died peacefully in his sleep in Pentos from the 8 separate venereal diseases he contracted from his many years on the high seas.

10 hours ago, MoJames said:

------

------

Bronn goes back to France and becomes a welder...

My final predictions:

Bronn saves somebody from death and so ultimately  becomes a "good guy". But does he die doing it, or does he get his castle as a reward? The latter.

Sansa and Tyrion become King and Queen (not necessarily in that order) and with a wink, Sansa signals to the audience the dwarf fucking that will follow.

They name Bran as their Hand, because even though he's a worthless piece of shit (and a cripple), he's the only one who hasn't shown Westeros what an idiot he is - because he never says anything. The PC crowd goes wild.

Arya joins the rebel Jon as he's leaving Kings Landing (or Winterfell, if it is the new seat of government). They've had it with big government. They find a direwolf puppy and name it "Hound" in honor of Sandor.

That leaves Dany. She has to die. (She can't cross her heart and promise to never again burn a million people alive.) I think her rabid army will capture some good guys, hopefully Sansa, who she will hopefully torture for a while. (I suppose it could be Jon)

Anyhow, someone will have to get close to her in order to do the deed. That could be Arya (needs to use mask one more time for full audience satisfaction), Sansa (hasn't really killed anyone yet - totally unsatisfying until she does), Tyrion (oh the angst) or Jon (you left me no choice, bitch). I think the producers go with Arya, because they are lazy cunts.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch

• immamac changed the title to Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread