Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread

dad

10 minutes ago, Kel Varnsen said:

So what if one of the other houses wanted to be independent?

1.5/10

Yeah. Dorne and the Iron Islands always wanted independence, but they just roll with King Bran even when an opt out is available. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

Jon really is a dumbass.  He kills the queen, and the only witness to the crime carries her body away for you.  You're home free.  You just lucked into the perfect crime.

Just say bitch went crazy, melted the throne and rode off on the dragon laughing maniacally.  

After the shit they had just seen her do they would have bought it. Instead he goes and confesses to the unsullied? 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Not a cat said:

Jon really is a dumbass.  He kills the queen, and the only witness to the crime carries her body away for you.  You're home free.  You just lucked into the perfect crime.

Just say bitch went crazy, melted the throne and rode off on the dragon laughing maniacally.  

After the shit they had just seen her do they would have bought it. Instead he goes and confesses to the unsullied? 

Classic Ned move. And yes, how he got captured and didn’t escape was dumb

So Bran can see the future, in addition to seeing the past and warging into people. 

He could have told them Cersei wasn’t sending troops, how the Battle If Winterfell would go, how Danny would torch Kings Landing...but kept silent. 

He could have warged into Drogon before he torched KL and instead killed Danny, or warged into Drogon after Jon killed Danny and torched the unsullied and dothraki, or warged into Greyworm and told their armies to disband bc Jon is king. Nope he just sits there and behaves more awkwardly than a calculator nerd at a sorority mixer. I do not understand the logic. 

Also, in the sense of “did Indiana Jones actually have an impact in Raiders of the Lost Ark?”, did Jon’s heritage really have any impact in the outcome of this saga? Dragon didn’t obey him after Danny died. Had he not known he was or had not actually been Targeryan, his sense of duty still would have led him to kill her. The only impact it had was that he was not into incest, didn’t give her the dick at Dragonstone, and that’s what made her snap? Lack of incest was the hinge point?

• Like 1

1.5/10

Why do they spend so much time on dumb shit like walking around and not time to explain some stuff.  Jon reminds me of Keanu....full of stares and short answer, but less of a bad ass. 

Fuck Bran. I could maybe except it if they didn’t keep his ass so mute all season and did useful shit. Just rolls up and collects king title. What happened to all of that “I’m not Bran anymore. I’m not a Stark.” talk? Go make yourself walk again if you are so bad ass. 

Fuck Jon getting fucked over by Grey Worm.  Really? Bran can’t say fuck you to Grey Worm?.  I was really hoping Jon or Arya would fight GW. But nope they don’t show us how Jon gets taken capture.  

All of Jon’s story led him back to North and banned from Westeros basically. “Sorry for killing Dany and doing everyone a favor!!!!”

So pissed I can’t write all my rant....

• Like 2

Tyrion should have put a knife in her at the top of the steps. Then get dealt. Sacrifice for the Relm.

So the guy who did the least to help the realm was really just playing chess to get the Throne?  Because he k ew what was coming and he let it go down. “Make it be “their” decision”.  Fucking long game asshole. 

Was ok until the murder, went Mel brooks after that. 

Guest Lobo

Bran’s entire platform of having an interesting story with no validated substance, says chill/vague shit all the time, claims he feels shit more deeply than we do, and acting too cool for the job...all the while basically saying, “man, I was just born to be in this.” Really reminds me of somebody we know also running for King /noCR

anyway, final season wasted a lot of time and glad it’s over.  HBO looks to have some really good stuff in the pipeline.   The production value just of the trailers was insane.  As if to say, “sorry about these two captain dipshits...we’ll moving back to our proprietary recipe of empowering good writers who give a shit.”   

4 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I think the whole point was it didn’t matter who was named king as long as the person was given the crown instead of someone taking it. 

4 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

there were people defending this garbage as recently as last week.

Were? Still are. At least one freaking dumbass.

My biggest issue was how they handled the aftermath of Dani dying. 

Should have been a huge fight for the throne. People have been power hungry throughout this series, including fighting for the throne when the mad king was killed, but now they have a counsel and elect a king unanimously?

drogon should have lit Jon up like a firefighter Christmas tree demo. Better ending for him. Or maybe he survives because targeryn but he never tells anyone.

Grey worm should have said he’s taking the throne. The others should have argued, a whole new war should have been fought. 

If not that, then they should have all insisted on being independent after Sansa did, which would obviously have lasted a generation or two before the rulers started getting the itch to take over. 

As it is, it won’t be long before an elected monarch decides that there won’t be any more elections. Probably the one right after Bran. 

Is bran supposed to live for thousands of years like the last raven?

so now bran rules the 6 kingdoms, none of which are part of his heritage, and the one independent part of Westeros actually is his heritage but will be ruled independently by...his sister?

• Like 1

The last three seasons of this made season 5 of The Wire look like The Godfather. 

And this isn't going to be debated like the end of The Sopranos. 

Just poor. Ruined the whole fucking show really. 

My FIL has wanted to watch this for quite some time. Im going to recommend that he not bother unless he's ok with being left hanging after season 5.

Also, whose fucking genius idea was it to televise a series of epic novels that weren't complete and had no realistic deadline for being completed. Whoever you are, fuck you. 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

Everyone complaining previously of Bran’s story arc being worthless (until now) don’t see it for what it was. He manipulated everything to become king. Why do you think he said “Why do you think I came all this way?”? He masterminded his whole fucking ascension 

are there any citizens left alive? is there anyone left to rule? what about women? i don't see any women. what will the dothraki do five minutes from when they all start looking for something to rape? besides kill each other i mean.

how is she seriously standing there giving this speech about liberating people from a tyrant? she just killed all of them for no reason. how is she giving this speech about no more women and children suffering? she just caused more suffering for women and children than cersei ever did. that is absolutely retarded. 

"she's everyone's queen now." yeah, exactly. mr.nobility jon snow, the guy who'd rather cut off his own dick than break a pinky promise is just going to overlook this one and just go along with it. yeaaah. that's the ticket. that makes sense.

"i know a killer when i see one." wow, nothing gets by you Arya. just another example of the grreeaaatttt writing on this show. my god. 

you know the actors must have been horrified when they read the script for the final season. all calling each other up/texting each other like, "wtf is this shit." emilia clarke must have been like, "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkk." 

even though it was telegraphed, i did enjoy dany's death scene just now 

drogon nudging khaleesi's dead body was super sad

wait...did we just change seasons? tyrion just said, "these past few weeks"; it went from Winter to summer in a few weeks?

so someone says, "hey we should choose a king right now", and everyone there just goes with it? no questions? just right here right now. 

this speech from tyrion is retarded. "who better to lead us than the guy who knows the most stories. who better to lead us than this deaf-mute, not-even-exactly-a-person who sits around creeping everyone out."

"Why do you think i came all this way". 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5ce2222944366a774d 

aye...aye...aye...aye think that this is the gayest scene in the entire series. wow. this is so bad. oh this hurts to watch. 

also, just looking at Robin Aryn is hilarious 

who's going to make jon join the nights watch? who's going to enforce this ruling?

shouldn't bran be hidden away somewhere where nobody can ever find him? is he not by far and away the most important living person? why put him in a position of prominence? 

brienne filling out jamie's page posthumously is a nice touch 

the small council chambers are totally unharmed? 

how would tyrion not be mentioned? 

as for the rest of the episode: meh. this show goes into the same category for me as community, the office, arrested development, LOST, and other shows that started off great and then faded and/or dropped off a cliff. as for GoT:

seasons 1-4: love 

seasons 5 and 6: hit or miss 

seasons 7-8: don't care for them, at all. a whole bunch of nonsensical, often cheesy crap. 

and yeah, again, soooooo glad we spent all that time on arya becoming a faceless man only for her to use the ability once and then forget she has it. lotta characters forgetting who they are lately. i'll always enjoy rewatching the first four seasons, but this final season was a pretty huge letdown for me. it was essentially the dramatic version of community without dan harmon once they caught up to the books.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 4
  • Fuck You 4

Everyone complaining previously of Bran’s story arc being worthless (until now) don’t see it for what it was. He manipulated everything to become king. Why do you think he said “Why do you think I came all this way?”? He masterminded his whole fucking ascension 
So 2 episodes ago he has no desire to be king.

Now he rolls thousands of miles to just that?

"A Boy and His Dog" had a better ending (Don Johnson had to decide between his demanding new girlfriend and his talking dog. Guess who became dinner).

I agree with Pato DM that there should have been more battles with No Worm trying to take the crown.

Drogon knew Jon was Targaerean and would never have burned him.

A lot of different endings were possible. The one they chose was probably the least satisfying of the bunch. I think the killing of Dany was too straightforward. It had its moments, but ultimately not that interesting.

Worst show of the season (I liked most of them).

1 minute ago, Fat Bastard said:

That’s why everyone chose him. Same reason they would’ve chosen Jon if not for the unsullied not accepting it. 

Tell me the parts of the past 70 episodes show or infer that the lords and grey worm could just have a meeting, make some compromises, and reach an acceptable solution for all parties. 

No. They would all try by force, treachery, and politicking to become king. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

That’s what went on for 72 episodes.  After defeating the army of the dead and burning cities to the ground seems like cooler heads finally prevailed due to exhaustion of treachery. 

• Like 1

I don’t understand Bran as king at all. Jon is Aegon fucking Targaryen and has an army of Northmen who already named him King of the North. He kills Daenerys and can’t lay claim to the throne? She doesn’t have a dragon anymore. There can’t be that many fucking unsullied still alive. And the Dothraki would fuck right off and/or start nomadic rape tribes across Westeros with no fucks given. 

But Tyrion brings a republic by speaking about stories. The one about a hidden heir who was brought back from the fucking dead, saved humanity from the Night King, and could unite the kingdoms isn’t the one with a story I guess. It’s Bran. Bran who isn’t human really. Bran. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I don’t understand Bran as king at all. Jon is Aegon fucking Targaryen and has an army of Northmen who already named him King of the North. He kills Daenerys and can’t lay claim to the throne? She doesn’t have a dragon anymore. There can’t be that many fucking unsullied still alive. And the Dothraki would fuck right off and/or start nomadic rape tribes across Westeros with no fucks given. 

But Tyrion brings a republic by speaking about stories. The one about a hidden heir who was brought back from the fucking dead, saved humanity from the Night King, and could unite the kingdoms isn’t the one with a story I guess. It’s Bran. Bran who isn’t human really. Bran. 

And how did No Worm find out what happened to DAny?

Jon: I swear. She had her period, she got on her dragon and flew the fuck off.

19 minutes ago, Fat Bastard said:

"why do you think i came all this way" was one of the worst lines in the episode. suddenly the creepy deaf/mute who has no emotions towards his own family is cracking kooky jokes like it's the end of an 80's TV sitcom episode. 

"Why do you think I came all this way?" *wink*

05d.jpg 

...roll credits. shit was gay.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Tell me the parts of the past 70 episodes show or infer that the lords and grey worm could just have a meeting, make some compromises, and reach an acceptable solution for all parties. 

i'm out of rep today, but this is correct. someone says, "let's all choose a king right now." and they all go, "aight." and then the dirty slave imp gives a speech about electing the one who tells the best stories, and suddenly all of the lords of all the kingdoms are out of their chairs and toasting to bran, who is now cracking cheeky jokes about how this was his master plan all along. just awful. D + D should feel shame.

Edited by Goo Punch

15 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

King’s Landing newspaper headline:

“Crippled boy given worst job in Westeros”

Whoever appeared to be winning, there's Davos standing next them going "DAMN RIGHT"

Honest, Greyworm, we were standing there talking, I asked her what was wrong, and she said "nothin"'. I started to walk off, I got almost to the door, and she said "I just find it funny...". Well, I lost it. It's all a blur after that.

• immamac changed the title to Game of Thrones Season 8 (NO BOOKSPOILERS) thread