2024 Texas Football Coaching and Support Staff Thread

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They could give Bo Davis the Defensive Line/Defensive Run Game Coordinator title similar to how Terry Joseph has "Defensive Pass Game Coordinator" and still use the Co-DC title for LB coach or vice versa.

Does title really matter to him? He’s not going to be a DC or HC at this point in his career.

The money is all the same color.

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Grabbing a sitting P5 defensive playcaller who is a great recruiter for a non-playcaller role is the furthest thing from the comfort hire.

https://247sports.com/coach/johnny-nansen-735/

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

Does title really matter to him? He’s not going to be a DC or HC at this point in his career.

The money is all the same color.

Just a title for pay increase really....For some reason it seems like the higher paid jobs have to be justified with a special title at Texas. 

Yearly Bo Davis needs a raise rumors.

Sounds like the agent doing his thing. He is making life changing money, more than he has in his life and he is shopping? If he is looking for that much more money, he needs to be a head coach and his resume doesn't scream head coach.

If I was his agent, I would be asking for more money after what he has produced on the field the last couple of years.

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

Yearly Bo Davis needs a raise rumors.

Sounds like the agent doing his thing. He is making life changing money, more than he has in his life and he is shopping? If he is looking for that much more money, he needs to be a head coach and his resume doesn't scream head coach.

If I was his agent, I would be asking for more money after what he has produced on the field the last couple of years.

It's probably because he's the best in the business and LSU is his alma mater. 

He's worth every penny

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He's worth every penny

I get it but can or will LSU win a bidding war with Texas? I'm pretty sure the answer is no. They just fired Lindsey as their D line coach and he was making 700k.  Bo made 1 million, # 3 on the list.

https://footballscoop.com/news/the-highest-paid-defensive-line-coaches-in-college-football-2023-edition

Just now, Longhornlove said:

I get it but can or will LSU win a bidding war with Texas? I'm pretty sure the answer is no. They just fired Lindsey as their D line coach and he was making 700k.  Bo made 1 million, # 3 on the list.

https://footballscoop.com/news/the-highest-paid-defensive-line-coaches-in-college-football-2023-edition

When are we going to stop acting like LSU doesn't have money for football?

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

When are we going to stop acting like LSU doesn't have money for football?

Who is we? I didn't say that. If he leaves Texas, it won't be over money. That is my point.

Around 12:50 the conversation begins about Bo Davis. But, but , but my post was stupid. I watched this video long after I posted. Someone quotes BB multiple times a day yet calls my post stupid for having the same opinion. Weird.

Edited by Longhornlove
Bobby agrees

You literally just said "can or will LSU win a bidding war against Texas? I'm pretty sure the answer is no"

They have the money to offer more than we may be willing to, he also has extensive ties to them.

I can't see him going to work for Brian Kelly though. I'd be more concerned if Bama came hard at him.

21 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

He's worth every penny

BTW I wasn't asking a question, I was clearly making a statement and I sure is hell didn't quote or tag you asking for a senseless response.

2 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

You posted something stupid and you get called out on it.....now you want to switch to the bolded response.

Do yourself a favor and follow CTJ's advice and ignore me since you get triggered by my posts so easily.

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

You literally just said "can or will LSU win a bidding war against Texas? I'm pretty sure the answer is no"

They have the money to offer more than we may be willing to, he also has extensive ties to them.

I can't see him going to work for Brian Kelly though. I'd be more concerned if Bama came hard at him.

There are substantial problems associated with Davis returning to Bama. Saban would have to be really desperate to cash in the chips needed for that. Not saying it couldn't happen, just saying it would be kind of amazing.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There are substantial problems associated with Davis returning to Bama. Saban would have to be really desperate to cash in the chips needed for that. Not saying it couldn't happen, just saying it would be kind of amazing.

I am assuming this is an SEC thing and not a Bama issue because unless their is some legal issue I have a hard time seeing Saban being told no to an assistant hire.

15 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I am assuming this is an SEC thing and not a Bama issue because unless their is some legal issue I have a hard time seeing Saban being told no to an assistant hire.

People can either dismiss what I typed and assume I am a know-nothing dipshit, or they can assume I know what I'm talking about and wouldn't post what I posted unless I had a pretty good source on it. Either way is fine by me, but I'm not going further into the subject. Davis going to Bama would be somewhat mindblowing.

Davis going to LSU wouldn't surprise me in the least and he'd have zero problems getting through compliance there, or SEC approvals, should those actually be a thing.

28 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

People can either dismiss what I typed and assume I am a know-nothing dipshit, or they can assume I know what I'm talking about and wouldn't post what I posted unless I had a pretty good source on it. Either way is fine by me, but I'm not going further into the subject. Davis going to Bama would be somewhat mindblowing.

Davis going to LSU wouldn't surprise me in the least and he'd have zero problems getting through compliance there, or SEC approvals, should those actually be a thing.

I am not doubting your intel, I just didn’t know if it was a Bama specific issue with Davis or an SEC head office decision and he was being grandfathered in when Texas joins the SEC. But if he can leave Texas for LSU then that answers my question.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I am not doubting your intel, I just didn’t know if it was a Bama specific issue with Davis or an SEC head office decision and he was being grandfathered in when Texas joins the SEC. But if he can leave Texas for LSU then that answers my question.

I sent you a PM of an article that should clear things up as to why he won't return to Alabama. Pretty good guess anyway.

Edited by Longhornlove

47 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

Guys, read between the lines.  Bo Davis fucked the President of the University of Alabama's wife.  

• Haha 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

5 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Grabbing a sitting P5 defensive playcaller who is a great recruiter for a non-playcaller role is the furthest thing from the comfort hire.

Nansen would be one of the best hires of the offseason if Texas gets him in a non-play caller role. He’s an elite recruiter and good enough play caller where he could be a DC at a lot of schools. 

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

I'm fine if folks want to doubt info. I am a mostly anonymous poster on the Internet acting like I know shit. People should always be skeptical of that kind of thing. I find being deeply skeptical in approach to anything as a good default setting, personally. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Nansen would be one of the best hires of the offseason if Texas gets him in a non-play caller role. He’s an elite recruiter and good enough play caller where he could be a DC at a lot of schools. 

If he’s an elite recruiter that definitely makes more sense. Can never have enough of that.

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I will douse BurntOrange&White and BillFromLakeTravis in gasoline and set them on fire to retain Bo Davis while getting rid of Terry Joseph. 

As long as we don't then go and "poach" jai valai...

I will douse BurntOrange&White and BillFromLakeTravis in gasoline and set them on fire to retain Bo Davis while getting rid of Terry Joseph. 

Me: Joseph needs to go!

*Terry Joseph to LSU rumor*

Me: No not like that!

I’d prefer him not land at LSU just because of his LA recruiting ties. It’s on the very short list of places he could land that make me think twice about losing him. But still kind of agree in spite of that.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Me: Joseph needs to go!

*Terry Joseph to LSU rumor*

Me: No not like that!

I’d prefer him not land at LSU just because of his LA recruiting ties. It’s on the very short list of places he could land that make me think twice about losing him. But still kind of agree in spite of that.

I don't know - seems exactly the place you'd want Joseph to end up.  His Louisiana recruiting isn't going to be as big a deal at LSU if only because they are going to get their share of Louisiana prospects regardless.

Also:

Is this where we start the Jimmy Lake speculation/rumors?

Edited by Hiphopopotamos
  • Hook 'Em 2