How many slices of pizza could you put away?

8 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose ability to ingest massive amounts of pizza pie has diminished over the years.

In high school, when I was playing basketball and my metabolism was cooking like a blast furnace, I ate 29 pieces of pizza at a Gattis buffet, with two plates of salad, three bowls of pudding, and lord only knows how many sodas. I regretted it for about two hours. 

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2023 at 10:11 AM, jimmyjazz said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose ability to ingest massive amounts of pizza pie has diminished over the years.

I would kill an entire Hot-and-Ready for our pre-game meal before football games. Probably one of the many contributing factors to me riding the bench, along with being small and slow. 

• Haha 1

Used to crush the Gatti's buffet on MLK back in the day.  Failed Math 305G, so I don't have an accurate slice count.

Last week, ate five slices of the Double Dave's Pizza of the Month (the Naughty Dave).  But that's a smallish Medium thin-crust.  Had the remaining three slices for breakfast the next day. #csb

16 hours ago, Native Horn said:

Used to crush the Gatti's buffet on MLK back in the day.  Failed Math 305G, so I don't have an accurate slice count.

Last week, ate five slices of the Double Dave's Pizza of the Month (the Naughty Dave).  But that's a smallish Medium thin-crust.  Had the remaining three slices for breakfast the next day. #csb

Reminds me that I used to go to Double Dave's buffet on Saturday at the Castilian to watch football and put away pizza. I'm not sure how I walked back home after that. 

6 hours ago, RPM said:

x-post but I dare anyone to eat a whole one of these. Rosati's Chicago Style in Trophy Club. It's fucking awesome. Serious pizza.

20231208_225359.jpg

I can eat a Papa John's large in one sitting. This? I'm lucky if I can finish two slices. Shit be fillin'

On 12/7/2023 at 7:38 PM, Llewelyn Moss said:

Back in HS I would destroy the CiCi’s buffet and then it would destroy my anus

We used to have eating contests there. A few of us did one before the first day of baseball practice. I puked on the right field foul pole. I wasn’t the only one. 
I won the contest though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/7/2023 at 4:27 PM, FirstTimeCaller said:

Looks good as hell...

image.png.cf348d0b4cd8510620daff0ca1800d6b.png

Kind of works like a churrascaria with waiters walking around with various pies. We went fairly soon after it opened here in austin, and it was hit or miss depending on the pie. We all agreed we'd probably rather hit double Dave's, if only for the pizza roll option. But it's been pre-covid since I've hit up DD's, so it's possible they've gone to shit as well.

13 hours ago, Blotto said:

Kind of works like a churrascaria with waiters walking around with various pies. We went fairly soon after it opened here in austin, and it was hit or miss depending on the pie. We all agreed we'd probably rather hit double Dave's, if only for the pizza roll option. But it's been pre-covid since I've hit up DD's, so it's possible they've gone to shit as well.

I can vouch that pizza rolls are still good as ever. Although the DD's I go to seems weird. It's a full restaurant, but literally no customers are ever there when I visit. It's just the counter staff and it's been that way for a while now.

Does Double Dave's still do a buffet? I know they took it away during Covid, but I took my kid to the one by our house (on Metric) last year and they didn't have it.

Since COVID, I went to the one way south (Slaughter?), and they had the buffet.

These days, we mostly get our pepperoni rolls when we pay stadium price to get an order of 3 at Q2. Which is plenty for me nowadays.

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Since COVID, I went to the one way south (Slaughter?), and they had the buffet.

These days, we mostly get our pepperoni rolls when we pay stadium price to get an order of 3 at Q2. Which is plenty for me nowadays.

Tuesdays are clutch:

image.thumb.png.fc3f25613c444c8f423aec42dd752c72.png

On 12/10/2023 at 1:46 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Man, I haven't been to a Double Dave's in years, ever since they closed the one on Mesa Drive.  Those pizza rolls were legit, especially on $1 night.

Yep, on those nights, my wife would pick up a couple of dozen - we'd have a treat for dinner, and then the kids would get pepperoni rolls as their lunch once or twice later that week.

• Hook 'Em 1