How many slices of pizza could you put away?

Of course, pizza slices are subjective but to put everyone on a level playing field....

It's Friday night. You're home from a week at work, haven't eaten since lunch. In a good mood because Texas just won the Big XII. Kids want pizza and video games, so you order from Pizza Hut. You've ordered too much and have an entire large pizza(s) with eight slices of whatever your favorite toppings are. And while Pizza Hut ain't great, it's serviceable, and it's still pizza. So you chow down.

How many slices could you put away? How many would you put away?

I'd say I eat three, think that I shouldn't eat anymore and then sneak back 10 minutes later for a fourth slice (so half a pizza). If I hated myself, I think I could do 6-7 range.

I remember being a kid (I think around 8-9) and being able to eat a whole medium from Dominos. I can't imagine how shit I'd feel if I did that now. 

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Easily 5

I keep it at about 2-3 so I have leftovers for later. Long game and such

This calculus goes through my head. It usually ends up with "it won't taste near as good when I reheat it" so I use that as an argument to eat another slice now instead of saving it.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

I'd eat the whole thing and then eat something else later that night while I'm still up after giving them kids a Melatonin and I'm on my 5th bourbon ginger ale watching the highlights of the texas game on YouTube before switching over to watch Chris stapleton videos. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm not a big guy or a big eater, and I think in terms of the size of the pizza.  In my day I could easily put down a 14" thin crust.  Now?  Not so much.  10" yeah, 12" I'd better be famished.  I don't do that doughy Domino's shit.  Bread to flavor ratio is all off.

The only time I think in term of "slices" is when I want a snack and bitched be sellin "slices,"  otherwise, it whether i want half of it or all of the pie.

By the fucking slice....pfffft!!!!!!!!

Crispy thin crust from a chain? Half a pie.

Giant slices of a really good NY style? 3.

Back when I was 14 or so, we rode our bikes all over Houston, like 40 miles a day just for the hell of it. Teen boy metabolism, plus burning a jillion calories a day….we could eat. I remember one time we ditched our bikes outside a Pizza Inn buffet. Not exaggerating, we each ate in the neighborhood of 40 slices. We were there for 2 hours. And we quit eating because we were bored. Then we hopped on our bikes and rode away into the Houston summer.

Dear god, if I tried to do any part of that today, I’d die.

• Haha 2

A few weeks back the wife and kids were away one evening, so I thought "I'm going to order a pizza".  Called our local place, ordered a small (10") hand tossed with extra cheese, extra sauce, sausage, etc.  Brought it home and sat down in front of the TV.

I ate 5 of the 6 pieces and felt like absolute shit after.  

6 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Per Jeff Nadu, a fat f*** in one of the New York families could eat 8 pizzas in a sitting. 

I can polish off a Domino’s medium no problem. A Pizza Hut Big New Yorker or a Collina’s 22 inch would be tough, but doable over 5-6 hours. 

a9798df7e2210a8b2cd0d6444553407e.png1efb165a40fed06f8ec5dd9b9363ed1c.jpg

• Haha 1

Depends on the crust:

Thin and Crispy? That whole sucker's dissapearing with a quickness.

Handtossed original? Yeah I'd put down 3/4 of it for dinner, then the remaining slices as a snack before bed. 

Pan? In college, yeah I'd put the whole thing away.  Now? Four slices, five tops.

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 12/4/2023 at 9:11 AM, South Austin said:

I'm with some of the older fellas who can't put away pizza like I used to.  I love pizza, but I eat more than two slices these days and I feel like shit. 

Oddly, I can eat a huge ass burger and don't feel the same way. 

Protein vs carbs/fat.

when y'all say thin crust you mean the cracker type?  technically NY is 'thin' but it's not cracker thin. 

i can still put away a large dominos cracker crust.  pep and jalapeno.  the last few slices i'd be wondering if i should have stopped at the halfway point and saved the rest for the next day. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Depends. 

Normally - 4 or 5 slices of hand-tossed, 5 slices of thin crust/NY style, 2 or 3 slices of Detroit style. The whole damn thing for a brick oven style

After smoking - idc, the whole fucking thing regardless of style.

On 12/3/2023 at 4:12 AM, FirstTimeCaller said:

Of course, pizza slices are subjective but to put everyone on a level playing field....

It's Friday night. You're home from a week at work, haven't eaten since lunch. In a good mood because Texas just won the Big XII. Kids want pizza and video games, so you order from Pizza Hut. You've ordered too much and have an entire large pizza(s) with eight slices of whatever your favorite toppings are. And while Pizza Hut ain't great, it's serviceable, and it's still pizza. So you chow down.

How many slices could you put away? How many would you put away?

I'd say I eat three, think that I shouldn't eat anymore and then sneak back 10 minutes later for a fourth slice (so half a pizza). If I hated myself, I think I could do 6-7 range.

What the heck? Is that all?

Look, when I was young, I could put away an entire large by myself without even trying. And then I'd order a second pizza.

Now that I'm older, I can't do that any more... but that doesn't stop me. I basically have to hold myself back to keep from finishing off an entire large in one go. Especially a good pizza, none of this pizza hut shit.

Obviously Chicago style/deep dish is a whole nother story. Can fill myself up on one slice. But a typical Papa John's/Pizza Hut large? That ain't even a challenge.

You must understand. When I was a young hungry college student, my brother (240), best friend (280) and another friend (260) and I (125 pounds if I left my shoes on) would head out to the County Line and order Family Style, all you can eat, and attempt to put the place out of business all by ourselves. Our record was 4 complete platters of meat. That means that each one of us ate an entire platter of beef ribs, sausage and brisket all to ourselves. I was easily doing my share and more.

I'm the fuckin cookie monster, you dig? At some point it's just a hand up your ass moving the jaws and crumbs flying everywhere with shit going down an endless pit.

• Haha 2

On 12/3/2023 at 6:58 AM, Mez2 said:

I'd eat the whole thing and then eat something else later that night while I'm still up after giving them kids a Melatonin and I'm on my 5th bourbon ginger ale watching the highlights of the texas game on YouTube before switching over to watch Chris stapleton videos. 

Basically the same thing, except replace Stapleton with Rick Beato.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

When I was a young hungry college student, my brother (240), best friend (280) and another friend (260) and I (125 pounds if I left my shoes on) would head out to the County Line and order Family Style, all you can eat, and attempt to put the place out of business all by ourselves. Our record was 4 complete platters of meat. That means that each one of us ate an entire platter of beef ribs, sausage and brisket all to ourselves. I was easily doing my share and more.

I remember going there in college.  We'd save up money (because that was still a big spend on a student budget) and eat light beforehand.  The CL on the lake actually had an old fashioned scale in the lobby.  We'd weigh ourselves upon entry, then upon exit. One time, we put a particularly brutal hurting on the grub.  I gained 8 lbs that meal (meat, sides, iced tea).  But I wasn't the winner, my skinny buddy gained 9 lbs.

Again, if I tried to come anywhere close to that now, I'd die.

• Drool 1

Yeah, my small college town had a BBQ joint called Johnny's Smoke Stak that did an all-you-can-eat Sunday deal for something like $15.  We'd starve ourselves from Friday lunch on and then just put away mountains of meat two days later.

I shudder to think how bad that 'q was in the context of Franklin, etc.  We didn't know better.

• Haha 1