MNC game at NRG Stadium tickets

markstanco

29 minutes ago, Noah Fence said:

Locked in two RSVPs at $38 back in September.  Still fighting the urge to sell.

Nice job, but don't forget to take that 25% commission they charge into account.  I think you'd be better of hedging with wash money line if you're looking for locking in profit

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, tokamak said:

I'm starting to question my assumption that ticket prices will go up if we beat Washington. They've already risen considerably - from $1300 to around $2100 get-in-the-door price. I think all four fanbases are buying right now to lock in a price. Obviously two of the four are going to be selling on January 2.

Lets be real here, nobody at Washington is buying now to lock in a price. They are the fucking poison pill that will kill the ticket value. They have literally 0 incentive to be buying at these prices. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Wish I would have known about the CFB RSVP site earlier in the season. Will definitely be something to keep an eye on in the future. The $1,440 for a Texas lower level RSVP now puts the total cost including face at $2,190. Not a ton of potential savings on the bone at that point given the risk. You'd be better off just betting the $2190 on Texas Moneyline and either be down $2190 if they lose or have $3400 to spend on a better seat after factoring in winnings if TX wins. 
Buying any Texas RSVP at these prices is basically just gambling in another form.

Another option no one has mentioned ruined is betting UW +4.5. Make some money back if we lose or potentially make money if we win but don’t cover. Obviously without the plus money odds, you have to add a decent chunk more to your hedge stake, but it’s an option, I guess.

I crunched numbers for a while and made my best guess.

Essentially, I didn’t love the actual seating sections assigned to the RSVP lower level seats (deep endzone corner). I ended up just pulling the trigger on some club level seats in 333 for $2,900 each. I compared that to buying Bama/Michigan rsvp combo and somehow it made sense to just get the tickets, n a better location, IMO, and sit with Texas fans.
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

You hit the nail on the head. I think the time to try and middle options and get creative was probably two months ago before the RSVP’s got crazy expensive.  I’m anticipating pulling the trigger in some capacity before Monday so I appreciate the insight.  

I’ve been planning this hypothetical Houston trip for almost a month lol decided to hold off on “gambling” until we find out. Im going regardless of the price but I think they will drop from what they are now since there will be more inventory. Curious to see how many tickets are gone tomorrow after the conclusion. Tickets prices probably won’t start dropping till Thursday once people get their seat allocations.

Already have a place to stay. Arrangements for the kids have been made. Plane tickets will be purchased tomorrow. Game tickets tbd. Will wait as long as day before but I probably can’t hold that long from fomo.

The ball is in your court now, texas.

Something I’ve noticed over last 24 hours: CFP RSVP prices are dropping fast for all four teams. I’m guessing folks who got in early are trying to lock in profit vs gambling on one more game. Going to keep an eye on this throughout the day and may strike if this trend continues and the outcome starts to become a bit clearer in the Mich/Bama game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, ITHorn said:

Something I’ve noticed over last 24 hours: CFP RSVP prices are dropping fast for all four teams. I’m guessing folks who got in early are trying to lock in profit vs gambling on one more game. Going to keep an eye on this throughout the day and may strike if this trend continues and the outcome starts to become a bit clearer in the Mich/Bama game. 

People playing the market are taking their profits. People actually wanting to buy tickets if their team wins are holding.

4 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

For sure until the 40k school allotments are distributed. Going to be a challenging week and hoping and praying prices drop a ton the day or so before 

Not many high money donors are selling tickets 

On 12/4/2023 at 9:28 PM, BeardIP said:

Geez, haven't bought tickets on the usual suspects in a while and didn't realize how much their fees are:

YOUR ORDER SUMMARY
Ticket Price
2 × US$ 1,958
Fulfillment and Service Fee
2 × US$ 786
Tax
2 × US$ 226
Total Price
US$ 5,941

So glad I didn't do this. I was [THIS] close.

• Prepare your anus 1

Walk of Shame time...

Bought two on Dec. 3rd, lower bowl 15 yard line "Texas  Washington" side for a smooth 3k per ticket including fees.

Sold today for 1.8k per ticket net of fees.  In general, the listing prices still seem too high, I'm anticipating prices in that area will end up in the 650-850 range by gameday.

i-thought-this-was-a-good-idea-david.gif.07641140dc4a7e8edcc60bd1eaeff8b9.gif

Edited by orange dream
  • Rage+1 5
  • Drool 1

38 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

These tickets are going to be dirt cheap right before the game (and/or once 40k tickets to the schools are distributed).

Agreed. I'll bet lower bowl tickets are $500 or less by game time. 

4 hours ago, orange dream said:

Walk of Shame time...

Bought two on Dec. 3rd, lower bowl 15 yard line "Texas  Washington" side for a smooth 3k per ticket including fees.

Sold today for 1.8k per ticket net of fees.  In general, the listing prices still seem too high, I'm anticipating prices in that area will end up in the 650-850 range by gameday.

Honestly I think you made out ok given the circumstances. 

At halftime last night I was trying to buy 2 lower level CFB RSVP at 1660 each and by the time I got through the queue to select and check out only one was left. I passed hoping to get 2 later and never got back in to make it happen with the way the game flowed. 

Will be a fun game to play next year and I can only imagine reservations will be cheaper with more teams making playoff. 

18 hours ago, orange dream said:

Walk of Shame time...

username checks out

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, troph said:

I’m also wondering what kind of options there are on future Rose Bowl tickets? I need to take my mom before she gets too old (she’s 76 but still very active).

Oh, if you can please do. It's an amazing event. Parade and all. Noting that I've not been there for the actual day but those that I know that have loved it.

I don't know how difficult it is to purchase a year out, I do recall reading that the stadium is set to host one of the playoff games this fall?? But if you want the actual Rose Bowl on Jan 1, 2025 with the parade and hoopla then not sure if the ticket agencies have that but they might. Wouldn't surprise me if groups have bought if so.

On 1/2/2024 at 8:45 AM, 4th&Five said:

A Michigan buddy paid $2,900 for a nosebleed right after they won yesterday. Oops. 

I will never understand the panic rush to buy tickets ASAP it just never makes sense.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Oh, if you can please do. It's an amazing event. Parade and all. Noting that I've not been there for the actual day but those that I know that have loved it.

I don't know how difficult it is to purchase a year out, I do recall reading that the stadium is set to host one of the playoff games this fall?? But if you want the actual Rose Bowl on Jan 1, 2025 with the parade and hoopla then not sure if the ticket agencies have that but they might. Wouldn't surprise me if groups have bought if so.

my ex and I went to the Mich and USC rose bowls, best college football experience of a lifetime. New Year's Eve in LA/Santa Monica (early dinner), Jan 1 early in Pasadena for the parade, then move over to the game. Day after go see the floats on display up close. Unbelievable. My mom needs to see it. She's an old lady and has said many times "I don't do drugs or alcohol, I'm too old for sex, but I do do Texas football." Getting her to the Rose Bowl with Texas there is a must. She may already be too old but if she gets a disabled parking pass I bet she can do it.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I will never understand the panic rush to buy tickets ASAP it just never makes sense.

except for Texas v USC I've never seen tickets do anything other thank spike at or shortly after announcement and drop all the way to game time.  I could see the next Texas championship game going the same way though.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

except for Texas v USC I've never seen tickets do anything other thank spike at or shortly after announcement and drop all the way to game time.  I could see the next Texas championship game going the same way though.

This.  I think you need 1) 2 blue bloods, 2) near campus of one of them so they don't incur travel costs, and 3)  one (or both) hasn't won a championship in a while and is full of highly paid fanatical alums.  Or Michigan/Texas this year if it had happened. 

Even then, I wonder if the ubiquity today of internet brokers would change the calculus.  In January 2006 there were just no extra tickets available. I'm not sure if internet brokers would alleviate supply problem or just goose demand even higher in the same situation today.

10 minutes ago, troph said:

This.  Friday is probably the day but I wouldn't have any problem waiting until Sunday early if I was going and didnt have a ticket.

Texas USC was the weirdest ticket market ever.  there were almost no scalpers with tickets anywhere.

13 hours ago, tokamak said:

Honestly I think you made out ok given the circumstances. 

Oh, I agree.  Listed them at midnight when our game ended for around what I paid for them hoping to catch a drunk Michigan or Husky fan.  Dropped to about 10% below the prevailing price in my and neighboring sections around 10:30 or 11 Tuesday morning and they were sold within a couple of hours.  Prices this morning are below what I sold for and not selling.

The TX/USC Rose Bowl was an outlier.  Another one was Georgia vs. Bama CFP Championship game at the end of the 2017 season in ATLANTA.  My son and I had planned a trip to that game early in the season.  It was Georgia's first Championship opportunity in close to 40 years.  I watched tix on that for a while anticipating / hoping for a drop that never came.  Ended up paying close to double what I had originally anticipated but by then my son and I were sitting in our hotel in Atlanta starting to figure out what time we should head over to the stadium. 

I think this game in Houston with Texas (especially if it had been Texas vs. Michigan) would have been ridiculous for ticket prices.  I rolled the dice and lost, but

disappointed-zac-efron.gif.c6f430a3d865e6f8a8d80c1648ad3e8f.gif

lucky to get invited to go to the game.   taking my son who's mom went to Michigan so he's super pumped.

was really hoping to watch Texas Monday night but being able to treat my son is special too. 

thinking 2027 we get to see (in person) Texas vs Michigan in Austin since we wont probably make it to Ann Arbor this fall.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/2/2024 at 10:38 AM, utexas8 said:

Moral of the story. Buying cfp-rsvp as soon as it opens for next season.

Texas/Michigan would have been the perfect storm.  But with this being the last year of the 4 team playoff, we may never see championship game ticket prices reach that potential again.  They will continue to jack up face value, and you combine that with travel costs for multiple rounds of playoffs, it will be tougher to reach peak demand.  I think if the Championship game is reasonable driving distance from Texas (i.e., any Texas city or NOLA) it would still be a good bet to buy those early.  But outside of that, not sure the upside will ever be close to what it was for those that bought early this year.

• Hook 'Em 1