2023 NCAAVB Championship: #2 Texas vs #1 Nebraska; 2pm ABC (Dec 17)

Js1

42 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Texas outscored Corn Aggy 43-15 after the horns down. They never learn.

image.thumb.png.af4c4ed6de48d0b63e75bb9aca4a8e25.png

I am going to go to my grave believing it was my kids switching from their red LT baseball shirts to their championship Longhorn shirts. MY KIDS WON THIS SHIT. Absolutely murdered them once they switched. Hookem.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Elliott said after the match that he never even knew he received a yellow. So now it makes even more sense. 

Seems like everyone does kind of weird stuff with cards in volleyball.  Coaches pick up the challenge card and it's never clear they're actually using it until the challenge starts.  The refs barely brandish the yellows;  I've never seen a red and never saw either today.

They need to do like futbol refs and stand at attention and hold it in the air.

• Hook 'Em 2

Pretty much everything I know about volleyball is the result of having two 6’ daughters, but y’all made this feel just like a “we’re doomed, we suck, our coaches suck, we win!” football game thread, so it seemed so natural.

Too bad Nebraska is already gone so they can’t run away in volleyball like they did in football.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

y’all made this feel just like a “we’re doomed, we suck, our coaches suck, we win!” football game thread, so it seemed so natural.

Worst thing about the game threads, hands down.  Such a beating in real time.  I do get a kick out of scrolling them the next day when I already know the score - always funny to see how shitty a 3-0 win was in the moment.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Mittens said:

Worst thing about the game threads, hands down.  Such a beating in real time.  I do get a kick out of scrolling them the next day when I already know the score - always funny to see how shitty a 3-0 win was in the moment.

I only read them after the fact. 

I just thought it was funny, but don’t mean to derail. Light the damned tower. Wrecking shop on the 1 seeds is just icing. Hook ‘em. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, troph said:

I’d love nothing more than to fuck Nebraska out of their hope. They’ve already made the switch to being a volleyball school first and nothing else really second with memories of football greatness only known by their olds. But to take their hope away as the dominant volleyball school today would be sweetness, like creamed corn with my chicken fried chicken and mashed potatoes with cream gravy sweetness.

fuck the corn. Let’s ride.

92,000+ fans set world record at #2 Nebraska women’s volleyball match!

...August 31, 2023

GjDLYFGF4IQaUobUK-6q3nOsU4o8fRMl4XgVipPW

9.45M subscribers

Subscribe

55 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Harper Murray also said at the postgame PC that Nebraska is going to win the next 3 titles

Deny Nba Playoffs GIF by NBA

Reminds me of that one women’s basketball player Texas signed who claimed they were going to win four straight national championships…which I believe was in the middle of UConn’s million game consecutive win streak. Can’t remember the name because I think she played like half a season and got kicked off the team.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OU Sucks said:

This guy didn't need to have "Sci-Fi & Fantasy Author" in his username for anyone to figure out he's a Sci-Fi & Fantasy Author.

He seems to have missed the most “profound concept about humanity's future, fusing optimism, science, and heartfelt storytelling” — The fittest survive. 

His team can finesse their asses back to the corn fields, carrying that giant L Texas just handed them. No team that loses a three-set match by a combined 28 points deserves a trophy, much less consideration as a “true champion”. That was a fucking annihilation. There is no ambiguity.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1