2025 DT Brandon Brown

BurntOrange&White

6 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Who would you compare him to?

Just saying that Harris was a combination of good strength and elite quickness for an interior DL. He did not have nearly the strength that Brown shows in his film, although to be fair I watched Harris in a full game so maybe Brown's highlights are overstating his strength. I watched a mediocre Georgetown team completely neutralize Harris (although admittedly with double teams). Brown is throwing guys the same size Georgetown had around like rag dolls in that film. 

But as I said it was a full game for Harris and only one. If you only watched the game I watched you would have thought Harris was a much better TE prospect when you left.

Edited by Huckleberry

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Just saying that Harris was a combination of good strength and elite quickness for an interior DL. He did not have nearly the strength that Brown shows in his film, although to be fair I watched Harris in a full game so maybe Brown's highlights are overstating his strength. I watched a mediocre Georgetown team completely neutralize Harris with double and occasional triple teams. Brown is throwing guys the same size Georgetown had around like rag dolls in that film. 

But as I said it was a full game for Harris and only one. If you only watched the game I watched you would have thought Harris was a much better TE prospect when you left.

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass at all. I was legitimately curious who you would compare him with of other players from the "highlight perspective."

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass at all. I was legitimately curious who you would compare him with of other players from the "highlight perspective."

I'm not really a film junkie, so the only comparison I can make is a hypothetical one. He looks like what I imagine the real life version of the story @closetojumping tells of his high school buddy going up against Casey Hampton must have looked like. Although he's not on that level of strength, of course.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Just saying that Harris was a combination of good strength and elite quickness for an interior DL. He did not have nearly the strength that Brown shows in his film, although to be fair I watched Harris in a full game so maybe Brown's highlights are overstating his strength. I watched a mediocre Georgetown team completely neutralize Harris (although admittedly with double teams). Brown is throwing guys the same size Georgetown had around like rag dolls in that film. 

I agree with this. I always felt Harris’s value was based on potential. This kid is manhandling people on his hudl. Completely destroying everything. Throwing kids with one hand. It’s incredible. 

18 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I never saw Leonard Davis in high school, but this is how I imagine his highlights might have looked. 

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

That strength is almost unreal.  I agree he’s not as quick as guys like Tommie Harris, but the raw power and explosiveness are like watching Suh rag doll people.  Unless he’s playing the Florida equivalent of 1A (which doesn’t appear to be the case - he’s chucking some big bodies around) that’s a very impressive prospect.

He’s pretty freaking quick. 

• Hook 'Em 1