Cowboys v Lions

rage-a-holic

1 minute ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I can see throwing a quick safe pass there, but tossing a bom... that basically went out of bounds.... How bout a Dak keeper? We need 40 seconds to secure a 4 point lead and go home and you hand the tiime to the enemy. 

It may just be that Jerry Jones has gotten so old and so fucking stupid that he doesn't recognize how goddamn idiotic his head coach is. 

cooks cut the route off because he probably knew a) he wasn't going to get deep based on the DB play and b) an easy stop route would be good for 10 yards, Dak read deep but it wasn't going to be caught anyway.

the whole team is a clusterfuck of incompetence.  one playoff win at about 60/40 chance and then they are done.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:
6 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

It’s not fuckery, it was an illegal formation and he didn’t report even if it wasn’t.

I'm not saying there wasn't a penalty but the delay in calling it seemed off. Aggycoach cost lions the game by not kicking fg earlier in game.

It was illegal touching. How could they throw the flag immediately? 

13 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Looking at the playoff bracket, a loss doesn’t really hurt the Lions from what I can tell. Might explain his aggression.

exactly.  thats why I knew he was going for 2. 

Just now, Zepol87 said:

So 68 did report? That’s what Troy is saying and the refs fucked up.

the replay shows 68 and 70 walk to the ref and say something.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zepol87 said:

So 68 did report? That’s what Troy is saying and the refs fucked up.

He walked up to the refs. Did he report? Was he acknowledged?

And don't forget in the NFL they announce that on the PA system, if you don't hear your number, you go and fix it.

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Hook 'Em 2

Troy and Jimmy. What could have been. Imagine if Robert Kraft told Belichick to fuck off after just two Super Bowls. Jerry is so unbelievably stupid.

Read Jimmy’s book. He wasn’t staying for a threepeat. He was hating life. He wanted equity in his new contract. He knew how hard he drove the team for a repeat and how much harder it woukd be. The collapse was drunk and ugly but it was going to happen from Jimmy’s side. He never stayed at any gig more than five years. He was toast and never got his mojo back at Miami. And I have followed Jimmy so once his days are arkansas. My favorite coach. Those two egos built a dynasty and then couldn’t maintain.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

cooks cut the route off because he probably knew a) he wasn't going to get deep based on the DB play and b) an easy stop route would be good for 10 yards, Dak read deep but it wasn't going to be caught anyway.

the whole team is a clusterfuck of incompetence.  one playoff win at about 60/40 chance and then they are done.

Yep. It was strange seeing this shit on the field and contrast it against the physical and mental excellence of the players and coaches we saw at half time. Jerry Jones: "you inspire me" "even today". One of the two best coaches this team ever saw and Jones let him and only God knows how many playoff wins/championships slip away.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

He was never acknowledged, that's certain. The referee never looked at him, pointed directly at Skinner then went to the ball to announce the reporting. 

I think Troy was on to something when he said that Decker tried to not bring attention to himself while reporting. I think he out-smarted himself by trying to be sneaky and it caused him to not be heard.

Regarding the fumble, every fumble forward rule lets the offense keep the ball at the spot of the fumble. Except when it goes into the end zone when the opposing team gets it.

Stupid rule which why they will change it

And how would you change it? Dont fucking fumble the ball into the end zone. Fumble it out of bounds.

Just chiming in to say the Jimmy presentation was awesome. For that minute he was in front of his players, he was their fucking coach again. It looked like he relished the fuck out of that. 

I would say Jimmy would coach that group of old men to a win against any crew of nine the current cowboys and lions put out there

5 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

The left tackle was uncovered which is illegal formation. One reported but the left tackle didn’t. Wouldn’t have mattered anyway

It’s not an illegal formation if he reports. If he doesn’t report it’s illegal and the flag should be thrown at the snap.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mileslong said:

The left tackle was uncovered which is illegal formation. One reported but the left tackle didn’t. Wouldn’t have mattered anyway

58 and 68 walk to the ref  and say something then 70 comes running over to the ref at the end.  it almost looks like 3 guys trying to report to the ref like they are trying to confuse the D on who is eligible.

58 is uncovered on the right side and is the 2nd tackle(70 is inside of him next to the guard),  68 is uncovered on the left but if he reported he's good.  ref said he didn't report.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I think Troy was on to something when he said that Decker tried to not bring attention to himself while reporting. I think he out-smarted himself by trying to be sneaky and it caused him to not be heard.

Correct because it's pointless. The referee announces to the defense any eligibility changes before the play. You can clearly see the ref tell the Cowboys about Skipper after he recognizes him. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I agree.  they were trying to play it cute.  especially when 70 came running over.  he didn't need to do that.  He wasn't going to be eligible.

3 minutes ago, naija said:

how should he make sure the ref knows apart from talking? touch him and you are out of the game

Oh please, you tap the ref's shoulder and say "Just making sure, you got me as eligible, right?". Hell, just yell at the ref and be sure. You get an acknowledgement from the ref that he knows you're reporting as eligible. You aren't getting tossed for a quick word with the ref.

And how would you change it? Dont fucking fumble the ball into the end zone. Fumble it out of bounds.

They instituted these fumble forward rules going way back to Kenny Stabler and Dave Casper of the Raiders. Who in a game against the Chargers, Stabler was going to be sacked and fumbled on purpose and pushed it forward, and then Casper kept dribbling the ball forward until it crossed the goaline and he jumped on it and scored a game winning TD. The called it the “Holy Roller”

What they would do with a new rule it simply move the ball back to the point it was fumbled and mark it there with the offense retaining control.
  • Hook 'Em 1

That ending is covering up yet another instance where a form of soft coverage prevent defense gets the Cowboys defense beaten down the field quickly in a last minute situation. How many instances do they need before they start playing it the same as the rest of the game where they only gave up 13 points?

Something else I just noticed. The Lions had 4 eligible players by number on the field for the play. They can't therefore announce both 70 and 68 as eligible because you can't legally have 6 eligible players on any play. I'd have to see the formation though, but don't eligible numbers have to report as ineligible in the NFL? In college formation determines eligibility.

• Like 1

I agree.  they were trying to play it cute.  especially when 70 came running over.  he didn't need to do that.  He wasn't going to be eligible.

Yes - all 68 had to do was say “hey ref I’m here and eligible” just a wave/acknowledgment? But all tv said was 70 was eligible?

Hook’em!!!

1 minute ago, Mileslong said:

What they would do with a new rule it simply move the ball back to the point it was fumbled and mark it there with the offense retaining control.

Then you aren't punishing the offense for fumbling. 

I like the rule. The game is officiated way too skewed against defense. This is one of the last minor ways that at least attempts to give a shred of balance to the game. 

2 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

But he evidently did. Also Campbell said he was told two can’t report as eligible.

Pollard was held a dozen times that weren’t called.

Fat Mike had he run the fucking ball and burned clock would not have nearly lost the game.

Lions will go deeper in playoffs than Dallas.

The Lions aren't that good either.  Goff is whatever.

If 2 can't report then the first guy who reported is the eligible.

also if 58 reported then it is an illegal formation because he is covered on the right by a receiver.  if the receiver is off the line then they have too many men in the backfield.

The Lions tried to get cute by having a bunch of OL run over to the ref.

• Like 1

I like the rule. The game is officiated way too skewed against defense. This is one of the last minor ways that at least attempts to give a shred of balance to the game. 

If you fumble it forwards and it goes out of bounds they bring it back to that spot and retain possession. Why should that change just because it’s at the goal line?
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Second opportunity, I’m surprised they didn’t just kick the XPT and go to OT, after the penalty?

Hook’em!!!

Agree. Not many teams have 3 plays that will work from there when you can’t run the ball worth a shit consistently 

Edited by Zepol87

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Something else I just noticed. The Lions had 4 eligible players by number on the field for the play. They can't therefore announce both 70 and 68 as eligible because you can't legally have 6 eligible players on any play. I'd have to see the formation though, but don't eligible numbers have to report as ineligible in the NFL? In college formation determines eligibility.

He was the second lineman from the qb, usually reporting has to do with your number, but you still have to be in an eligible position, right? It seems to me he’s ineligible either way.

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

moral of the story.  don't fumble the ball forward through the end zone, do fumble the ball forward out of bounds in the field play as much as you want.