Texas (-6.5) @ WVU- 5pm on ESPN+

shadow_operative

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Abmas keeps scoring late...  Need more consistency from him for entire game.  

the problem is we are trying to run RT's "offense".  Maybe we just need to say fuck it and tell Abmas to go down the court and either jack a 3 or pass it inside to Disu.  

This was all so predictable.

• Hook 'Em 1

Welp.

What more is there to say but: we suck.

Good try. Good effort. Better luck against UCF.

It was nice to be optimistic about our Men's basketball program for awhile. This year and we seem to be right back into the wonderful 2012 through 2021 era.

I'm embarrassed for UT. Injuries, bad officiating or whatever else you want to say, no way should this team have lost to these hayseeds tonight. They were as banged up as we were. The Curryesque bombing by 3 only made it look semi-respectable. 

I know everyone said we had to give Terry a shot given his performance last year, but my thoughts were and are that you make the tough decisions you know you need to make and take the heat. Texas chose to take the easy route on the decision and it could cause problems for years as they enter the SEC. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

I know everyone said we had to give Terry a shot given his performance last year, but my thoughts were and are that you make the tough decisions you know you need to make and take the heat. Texas chose to take the easy route on the decision and it could cause problems for years as they enter the SEC. 

The pressure was super intense. Every tournament game was like "Texas refuses to reward Terry, what a bunch of assholes...oh and they might have won a basketball game."

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BigTEAMLittleme said:

If we don’t 

Jinx!

I saw signs of this right after Terry took over, but I zipped it because, A) most of y'all watch far more than I do and, B) we were still winning.  Getting to the E8 was about the worst thing that could have happened to the program.

I'm speaking long term; not bitching about making it that far.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
Clarity

The only positive I took from this fiasco, other than Max's crazy display, was that they superglued Hunter to a chair at the end. I loved bringing him to Texas but have been horribly disappointed ever since. Start Weaver from here on out. 

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Jinx!

I saw signs of this right after Terry took over, but I zipped it because, A) most of y'all watch far more than I do and, B) we were still winning.  Getting to the E8 was about the worst thing that could have happened to the program.

I'm speaking long term; not bitching about making it that far.

Agree. If we didn't crash and burn than a Final Four or more appearance would have justified the position we found ourselves in. Elite Eight is we were really close to something special but didn't quite make it and now we are back in the wilderness.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

The pressure was super intense. Every tournament game was like "Texas refuses to reward Terry, what a bunch of assholes...oh and they might have won a basketball game."

we pay certain people millions of dollars to know better.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, dcar00 said:

we pay certain people millions of dollars to know better.

I think they did the best they could under the circumstances.

The fallout from letting him go after an Elite Eight appearance might have been worse.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

yeah but that’s why they get paid the big bucks. you’re going to lose no matter what you choose to do, so the question becomes ‘do you have the foresight and the stones to make the best move?’. the answer is: we did not.

we never in a million years wanted RT or beleieved in his ability to take this program where we’re wanting to go, and yet we caved to the pressure and hired him anyway. i’m sure cdc felt the pressure, made the hire, and just crossed his fingers that we’d do well enough to keep anyone from revolting. now that that isn’t going to happen, it’s time for cdc to convince RT to step aside at the end of the season for health reasons, or to spend time with his family, or whatever excuse we need to make. because as long he’s running the ship, the ship is sinking. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Like 1

Just now, Valmy77 said:

I think they did the best they could under the circumstances.

The fallout from letting him go after an Elite Eight appearance might have been worse.

Fallout from who? The media and opposing fans? Who cares. They wouldn’t be caring by now if we made a change.

Just now, Rockethorn1978 said:

Fallout from who? The media and opposing fans? Who cares. They wouldn’t be caring by now if we made a change.

Our own players? The coaching fraternity at large? I don't know. Sometimes the politics of the game forces your hand.

Certainly CDC looks like a fool now, so there is a price to pay for him getting pressured into it.

• Like 1