Rate my jumper

ztejas

Wait I think some of you think I was actually trying to dribble there, too. 

I was pounding the ball because it was underinflated. 

But real hoopers would probably recognize that. 

Edited by ztejas

On 2/19/2024 at 9:07 AM, Red Five said:

Feels very Uncle Rico.

Nah I didn't play in HS.

On 2/19/2024 at 3:49 AM, 52-80 said:

check out Slim Creeper over here.

This is phenomenal. 

On 2/19/2024 at 1:53 PM, DixonHur said:

Don't know about the jumper, but looks like we need to start a GoFundMe to get you some new shoes.

Those are my beaters. Love them. Best pair of shoes I've ever owned. 

I was just fucking around - if I was actually going to shoot these are my go-to rn and they're still fresh.

Screenshot_20240220_205217_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d6f280add2e1db93283302910f498615.jpg

Maybe I should quit wearing them though because that size 11 is going for $300.

I haven’t touched a basketball in years. He looks possibly taller than me but I’m way more powerful (5’11 180 but can bench 225, etc) and would just back him down into the paint all game. If he gets his outside shot going he’d have a chance but that’s it. Overall really not worth my time. 

• Haha 6

17 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

TJ is there, so we know Brandy did not eat him.  Bad joke aside, my oldest went to the “Brandy Perryman Shooting School” almost 20 years ago and, as expected, a less athletic version of BP could still hit every freaking shot.

former longhorn mike murphy was my HS coach, and one day in practice he got pissed at one of our better players and took him off the floor while we scrimmaging. coach murphy subbed himself in, stood in one spot about 28 feet out, and proceeded to swish four shots in a row on four consecutive possessions before angrily walking off the court and letting our teammate back in. it’s stuff like that that always makes me laugh when Joe Schmo thinks he can beat a pro/former pro 1 on 1 or in a shooting contest.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

Buddy of mine played college ball at SWTSU, now known as Texas State.  He asserts that, with a little more weight, he might have gotten an NBA sniff.  Perhaps, but what do I know?  In our mid-20s, we’d do neighborhood shootarounds at the shitty metal only rims/backboards.  I’d miss damn near every shot, because I had zero skill and would occasionally rely on the backboard or rim.  I’d say, “wow the rim is not forgiving” and after a swish, he’d retort “because you cannot shoot.”  I cannot recall whether he missed a shot…

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

My son's roommate at UT is going to try to walk on for the 'horns.  I will try to update on the hilarity that is sure to ensue.

He might be reading the consensus view of next year’s roster - not realizing that shitty D1 basketball players are still pretty good.

Note: I used “shitty” for effect, not as a legitimate assessment of next year’s roster.  Yet.

20 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

My son's roommate at UT is going to try to walk on for the 'horns.  I will try to update on the hilarity that is sure to ensue.

Nice. This is a perfect thread for that.

My oldest (little) brother is actually good friends with a current walk-on at Texas. 

That kid is really, really fucking good.

On 2/21/2024 at 2:17 PM, Helobious said:

I haven’t touched a basketball in years. He looks possibly taller than me but I’m way more powerful (5’11 180 but can bench 225, etc) and would just back him down into the paint all game. If he gets his outside shot going he’d have a chance but that’s it. Overall really not worth my time. 

I would fucking annihilate you. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/20/2024 at 8:47 PM, ztejas said:

Wait I think some of you think I was actually trying to dribble there, too. 

I was pounding the ball because it was underinflated. 

But real hoopers would probably recognize that. 

so many excuses, so little....time/talent

On 2/21/2024 at 8:14 AM, Scraps said:

well damn we got our very own Larry Legend posting here

Ztejas walking into the the Surly 3 point shooting competition at the Michigan tailgate....

"which one of you surly fuckers is coming in 2nd?"

On 2/21/2024 at 1:17 PM, shadow_operative said:

ok surely we can make this helo vs ztejas 1 v 1 happen. 

The event would pay for imma's servers for a year if they could  monetize it. 

On 2/21/2024 at 2:17 PM, Helobious said:

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

I would fucking annihilate you. 

2enter1leave.gif.35b7b052ce8d2fc490a05330ff304ad5.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

Honest take: Ironically I think my right shoulder is permanently fucked from benching so much, not kidding. Had to retire that exercise. I hit 225 plenty of times though which was always my dream. I feel like I’d dominate him down low but I have 0 outside shot now. I had a sick floater (like people at the court knew me for it), mediocre ball handling but was good enough at the 3 to make you think about it. No disrespect but back in my prime I’d absolutely wipe the floor with this fucker. Oh well. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

Honest take: Ironically I think my right shoulder is permanently fucked from benching so much, not kidding. Had to retire that exercise. I hit 225 plenty of times though which was always my dream. I feel like I’d dominate him down low but I have 0 outside shot now. I had a sick floater (like people at the court knew me for it), mediocre ball handling but was good enough at the 3 to make you think about it. No disrespect but back in my prime I’d absolutely wipe the floor with this fucker. Oh well. 

Yeah, sure… 

image.jpeg.003f51f60dbac014b7473e38a11de595.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

there’s probably nobody here i’d beat at 1 on 1, even in my “prime”, but when it comes to dropping dimes, being slow, and fouling out, ain’t none of y’all got shit on me.

Challenge accepted. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Helobious said:

You just keep adding information that makes me increasingly confident that you would have no shot against me 1v1.