Truck Nuts

BurntOrange&White

3 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Just checked the Ford tracker and my new Bronco was delivered to the dealership last night. Once my morning meetings are over, I'm going to head over there. Hopefully, any prep work is done by then and I can cut a check and drive away.  Ordered it April 2020. 

Congrats!  I assume you meant April of 2021 on the order date.  Ford didn't even start taking reservations until July of 2020.  

But now I'm wondering where the hell mine is.  Ordered it 3/3/21.

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Congrats!  I assume you meant April of 2021 on the order date.  Ford didn't even start taking reservations until July of 2020.  

But now I'm wondering where the hell mine is.  Ordered it 3/3/21.

It was the day after the Bronco was announced. I guess it was July 2020 then.

3 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

It was the day after the Bronco was announced. I guess it was July 2020 then.

Ah, that makes sense.  I didn't get my reservation in until early August, 2020.

Everyone I know who has received a Bronco made their reservations in July, 2020 and then converted the reservations into orders in January, 2021.  I was going back and forth on whether to buy a first year production vehicle, so I took some time before making a reservation and then again when I placed the order.  Because of my delay, I'm now told I'll be getting a MY2022, which doesn't really bother me because I figure it will give Ford time to work out some of the bugs.

Which trim did you order?

8 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Which trim did you order?

4-door Badlands, V6, LUX, Sasquatch, soft top.  Basically, ordered everything but the tow. I already have an after market hitch ready to go. I just need to carry a bike rack so there was no real need for wiring, etc. and the tow package was delaying builds.

Once you get a production email, you will get your VIN. Ask your dealership for your 4-digit order #. With that info, you can enter it here and track every step of the build/ship process.  This tracker updates with each step unlike the one Ford will send you in the email.

Edited by CooterBrown
  • Hook 'Em 1

I’ve seen a couple of (or maybe the same one) 4 door Broncos so n the last week or so. Kinda disappointed in the look from the brief glimpse as they drove by.  But I think the 2 door was driving the design, hoping to see them soon.  Boys will turn 16 in just over 3 years, already wondering what the used market will look like at that time.  Probably ridiculous. 

I’ve seen a couple of (or maybe the same one) 4 door Broncos so n the last week or so. Kinda disappointed in the look from the brief glimpse as they drove by.  But I think the 2 door was driving the design, hoping to see them soon.  Boys will turn 16 in just over 3 years, already wondering what the used market will look like at that time.  Probably ridiculous. 

You’ve most likely seen the baby Bronco. It’s not the real Bronco. I haven’t even seen a full size one out in the wild.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

4-door Badlands, V6, LUX, Sasquatch, soft top.  Basically, ordered everything but the tow. I already have an after market hitch ready to go. I just need to carry a bike rack so there was no real need for wiring, etc. and the tow package was delaying builds.

Once you get a production email, you will get your VIN. Ask your dealership for your 4-digit order #. With that info, you can enter it here and track every step of the build/ship process.  This tracker updates with each step unlike the one Ford will send you in the email.

I basically drove that same configuration at the Nevada Off-Roadeo this past Saturday (except that it didn't have the Lux package), and liked it a lot.  Think it'll be a good combination of on-road drivability and off-road capability.

I ordered a Badlands no Sasquatch with the High Package, MIC top, and tow.  Went back and forth on whether to Squatch it and ultimately decided not to.  Even without the Sasquatch package, it should be more than capable for what I'll need it to do, and I figure I can always put 35's and a lift on it later if I want.     

Thanks for the info on the tracking. 

5 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

You’ve most likely seen the baby Bronco. It’s not the real Bronco. I haven’t even seen a full size one out in the wild.

I've seen a couple of the full-sized Broncos out in the wild now, both were 4-door.

I like the looks of it quite a bit.  I haven't seen the 2-door in person yet, so can't say.  

But to me, it's a lot like Jeep Wranglers.  Old Jeep CJs were small vehicles as far as width and height go, and they look natural in the 2-door.  Modern Jeep Wranglers are much larger and bulkier looking, and I find the 2-door versions to look oddly out of proportion.  They're too tall for their height and width.  And with a hard top, they look odder still.  So I think a modern 4-door Wrangler looks MUCH better than the 2-door version, and since Broncos are bigger still, I suspect I'll feel the same about the Bronco.

27 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

There are several in Houston now. I think I see one a day now. The grey one that I see in my neighborhood looks about as base as possible. I'm interested to see some that are a little more tricked up. 

1 minute ago, Da Fino said:

There are several in Houston now. I think I see one a day now. The grey one that I see in my neighborhood looks about as base as possible. I'm interested to see some that are a little more tricked up. 

My friend's Badlands Sasquatch is sweet.  I really like the stance.

• Hook 'Em 1

I hear that supply shortages on Bronco hard tops are another of the things that are holding up production.  My buddy bailed on his and just went with the soft top.

I like having both for the Wrangler.  The soft top stays on from spring to fall, and then we'll throw the hard top back on in the winter.

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Looked at 4 doors and 2 doors several times, I prefer the look of the 2 door. The 2 door is definitely the jumbo sized shape of the classic early 70’s Broncos, but there is nothing wrong with the 4 door with the proper accessories and colors.

Holy fuck. So in the TRX stolen truck saga, two delayed hits came back from satellite. One at BW8 near Houston ship channel and the second over water. Looks like someone in Dubai is getting a new TRX. Detective headed over to the Port to see if he can dig up anything. Unlikely mine is the only one loaded into a shipping container. Likely a well orchestrated mass hit the likes of Gone in 60 Seconds according to the detective. Drove straight to the boat. 

Hug your new rare Broncos folks!!!

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Holy fuck. So in the TRX stolen truck saga, two delayed hits came back from satellite. One at BW8 near Houston ship channel and the second over water. Looks like someone in Dubai is getting a new TRX. Detective headed over to the Port to see if he can dig up anything. Unlikely mine is the only one loaded into a shipping container. Likely a well orchestrated mass hit the likes of Gone in 60 Seconds according to the detective. Drove straight to the boat. 

Damn. That’s crazy.

1 hour ago, Bert Orange said:

That’s nuts. You may have mentioned but where did they steal it from?

Just now, ROFL BOX said:

Bad ass Jeep.

I'm not well versed (& haven't looked them up)... what's the differences between the Rubicon, Sahara & other named versions?

Rubicon is the top offroad trim package.  It has push-button lockers and push-button sway bar disconnect, also comes a little more lifted and with larger tires, from the factory.

Sahara is more of a luxury trim.

Sport is the base level.

• Hook 'Em 1

I have zero rememberies of what version it was, however 2 summers ago when we hit up Jackson & Yellowstone, we rented a Jeep in Jackson (the transmission on the Tahoe was on the verge of taking a shit & indeed it did roast around 20 miles W of Clovis as we were headed back to Drip; I knew we had trans issues & wasn't about to risk it on the mountains).

I did enjoy driving it, however & since the Jeep had 4x, I fiddled with it a bit on some mild (very mild) spots in the region.  Kept telling the wife to not worry but she was all freaked that I even flipped into 4x mode.  & I'm talking like 6" mini boulders, etc.  Maybe 5 minutes total.

A well equipped one is on my "Yep, won the lottery beeches!" list.  Complete with a rooftop rack.  I would probably be one of those douche guys that has a 30 lb. Hi-Lift jack & Jerry cans mounted somewhere just to fuck with my mileage.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Rubicon is the top offroad trim package.  It has push-button lockers and push-button sway bar disconnect, also comes a little more lifted and with larger tires, from the factory.

Sahara is more of a luxury trim.

Sport is the base level.

And High Altitude is the top luxury model. 

The sales guy said if I wanted to sell the Bronco, he had buyers willing to pay $30K over what I paid for it today. Now I wish I'd bought two.

If you don't need a vehicle, I would not buy right now. He said it's impossible to get cars right now.  They only had 17 new cars on the lot when normally they have over 300.  They don't mark up what they do have unless it's a Raptor or a Shelby Mustang. Those get $20K+ markups since they're only getting less than a dozen a year right now.

2 hours ago, Bert Orange said:

Guess I’ll cross post here and Jeep thread. Picking up my 392 this weekend. Just waiting on bumper painting. Hoping to drive it for more than three months before it is stolen as well. 

5F1F4696-ECE4-4224-98E7-FB8A00BD8DE0.jpeg

Was this already in the works before the TRX disappeared, or is it a replacement?