The future of football

nnm

4 hours ago, Bevo said:

image.png.a9c9e7100783741cde521e7be8806f3d.png

4,3,2,1 (the further away they are from the camera the better they look - providing I've been drinking at the game 
C'mon, it isn't like they are OU cheerleaders & I will save you the paid of posting the photo ..... you know the one I'm talking about

28 minutes ago, Blotto said:

good luck getting ice time with all those pickleball douchebags hogging the rinks. 

Hey, I watched 3-5 minutes of those pickleball douchebags on TV this weekend on the Austin local FOX station. I can't say if it was any good as I was posting on Surly simultaneously.

1 hour ago, DaggerHorns said:

OP started this thread around 4am. You need a new coke dealer.

I was in the Istanbul airport. 10 hour layover in the middle of a 42-hour trip. 

24 minutes ago, nnm said:

Should have gotten a room at Yotel.  They have airside too.  Relatively cheap and can get some good z’s.  
But then I wouldn’t have ever known about ‘American Ice Football’.  

29 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

42 hours?

we need this itinerary to determine your judgement

ETX(home)—>DFW 3 hours (including airport time)

DFW—>IST 12 hours

IST layover (one of the best lounges anywhere): 12 hours

IST—>TNR 14 hours (including stopover in Mauritius)

TNR—>hotel: 1 hour. 

Turkish air is much better than the US carriers. Same with any of the Asian carriers. 

9 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

OP started this thread around 4am. You need a new coke dealer.

7 hours ago, nnm said:

Doesn't mean you don't need a new coke dealer.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, nnm said:

DFW—>IST 12 hours

Turkish air is much better than the US carriers. Same with any of the Asian carriers. 

this looks like a 3-hour layover at MRU, but if your destination is *madagascar* you could have saved 10 hours at least on AF through CDG with only 1 stop

but this begs the question, what in the everlovingfuck made antananarivo your destination?

On 2/25/2024 at 7:58 PM, TexArcher said:

I look forward to many years of aggy never winning shit at this type of football, too.

While they have good athletes, you know damn well A&M would somehow fuckup making the ice.  "What the fuck is frozen water?  Like milk?"  

13 hours ago, nnm said:

Have you ever been in...in a Turkish Prison?  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

this looks like a 3-hour layover at MRU, but if your destination is *madagascar* you could have saved 10 hours at least on AF through CDG with only 1 stop

but this begs the question, what in the everlovingfuck made antananarivo your destination?

Yes, I go back through CDG on the way back, but to get there I have to go through Reunion, transferring there (I’m departing from Tamatave, not Antananarivo). And I have a transfer at EWR.  It’s an even longer trip going back. 
As to your underlying question, I’m doing this because I want to. It’s a second career for me. 25+ years in O&G gave me the ability to do something else in the back end. So I’m working for a nonprofit that presently has activities in Mada. I’m in Tana because I’m negotiating with the government. We work in inconvenient places because that’s where the need is. My travel isn’t always as direct or as posh as it was in O&G, but I’m spending donor dollars, not corporate bucks. And I’m ok with that. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 2/26/2024 at 11:30 PM, nnm said:

DFW—>IST 12 hours

I don’t know, Lloyd, the French are assholes. 

• Haha 1