2024 MLB Season Thread - Catch All

tx 3 putt

I don't see how that isn't blocking the plate under the new rules. The catcher clearly kneels down into the batters box area before he has the ball, and the runner looked safe anyway. Just look at this frame with the ball still not in the glove yet:

image.thumb.png.738aa8505e406db0704ee843a3f650f2.png

16 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

I don't see how that isn't blocking the plate under the new rules. The catcher clearly kneels down into the batters box area before he has the ball, and the runner looked safe anyway. Just look at this frame with the ball still not in the glove yet:

image.thumb.png.738aa8505e406db0704ee843a3f650f2.png

You can “block” the plate without the ball if it’s deemed necessary to receive a throw. Basically a rule that gives catchers carte blanche.

13 hours ago, MrX said:

Just stopping by to say holy fuck the Rockies are an abomination and fuck their ownership for letting down a really solid fanbase. 

I tried to watch the Marlins-Rockies yesterday.  I gave up in the 2nd inning.  The only good news is that Drew Goodman (their smarmy little fucktard of an announcer) is so beaten down that he doesn't whine about everything any more.  

They have trailed in all 31 games this season, which sets a major league record.

3 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

I think it has to do with how much you touch yourself at night. 

Judges?

family feud survey says GIF

Oh, that’s too bad   

They would have accepted:

1. “I bet he gives GREAT helmet...”

or

2. “I touched your Mom with my helmet last night.”

4 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

This guy stays up at night scheming new and spectacular ways to be more of a douchebag - the love child of Josh Donaldson and Joc Pederson.  

About the time he takes a throw right in his earhole is when he'll stop that nonsense.  He's young and he'll learn.

8 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I tried to watch the Marlins-Rockies yesterday.  I gave up in the 2nd inning.  The only good news is that Drew Goodman (their smarmy little fucktard of an announcer) is so beaten down that he doesn't whine about everything any more.  

They have trailed in all 31 games this season, which sets a major league record.

Drew Goodman can eat a bag of dicks. Until the Monforts sell the Rockies will continue to be a laughingstock. 

Posted (edited)

that (Acuna tying it up) seemed inevitable the way this was game was going.

zero after zero by both sides just waiting to get to the late late innings for the fun to start. 

Mookie/Shohei, your move 

Edited by UTexasFight