2024 NCAA Tournament - First Round Games - Thurs/Fri

Pancho

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

There has to be some type of data out there that compares 3 point percentage in the regular season versus the first round of the NCAA tournament for each team. I bet it's much lower, on average. in the 1st round. 

This is why I've come to fade teams like BYU that are so reliant on the 3. For whatever reason, college teams can't shoot early in the tournament. 

It's because the teams get a week to prepare for their round of 64 opponents. After the round of 64, you get 30-40 hours to prepare for your next game.

Edited by HtownHorn

10 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

He brought in almost everyone from the portal and had Isaacs already on campus. Lulz. He built the team he wanted.

This is fair enough assessment imo with the one caveat being I think him staying at UNT for the whole NIT hurt our portal efforts in the end. He wasn't named the coach until the last day of March and pretty much all of our portal additions were later than most teams.

He did get a couple good pieces though just a shame all of them got hurt at one point or another.

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

There has to be some type of data out there that compares 3 point percentage in the regular season versus the first round of the NCAA tournament for each team. I bet it's much lower, on average. in the 1st round. 

This is why I've come to fade teams like BYU that are so reliant on the 3. For whatever reason, college teams can't shoot early in the tournament. 

We weren't so reliant on it to start the season but when Washington went down they had no choice but to redo the offense really. We had good shooters so it was the only way for us to go forward.

• Pancho unpinned this topic