2024 Spring Practice to Fall Camp Thread - Who’s a JAG now?

sith_horn

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Well he might start on a top-3 team. So I'm going to guess that, yes, he would be in the three deep at Bama or Georgia.

He wouldn't start at Bama or Georgia. He'll be behind Roderick Robinson III, Trevor Etienne, and Brandon Robinson, so he'll be behind 3 RB's at Georgia, and he'll be behind Justice Haynes, Jam Morris, and Richard Young at Bama. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

9 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I just made the assumption he's slow, but someone corrected me on that. But he gets burned and takes bad angles. Just go to the football threads for the games and his name will pop up a hundred times. I don't want to hear it's another DB who's getting burned. They all were, but there's a difference in the caliber of athlete/player in Muhammed/Brooks/Watts/Barron/Williams than Taaffe. And no, it's  not because he's white. It's because they have better instincts. He was a walk-on for a reason. It's a feel good story that he's on scholarship now, but Mukuba is the kind of athlete we need back there. He's instinctual. 

If you're in the Taaffe camp, we'll just agree to disagree. I'm honestly burned out talking about it. It's dumb, and people are acting like it's ruining their lives because I'm not part of some hive-mind who all of the sudden believes he's always been some great DB. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9522j6h5edl1nahcns00y8

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He wouldn't start at Bama or Georgia. He'll be behind Roderick Robinson III, Trevor Etienne, and Brandon Robinson, so he'll be behind 3 RB's at Georgia, and he'll be behind Justice Haynes, Jam Morris, and Richard Young at Bama. 

This was about Taaffe.

39 minutes ago, NoName said:

people want to point to someone like CJ Goodwin (special teams ace, iffy DB who played <2% of defensive snaps) who has earned over $8m during his 9 year career as an example of what a very good ST guy can be but those dudes are few and far between.

was Nahlin the one who said he thought Crawford would get drafted too?

Yeah I want to say Nahlin gave Crawford a 5th or 6th round grade. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Who is the dumbest in this group of options?:

1) The spider2y idiot, who has 17 posts out of 50 on the prior page and will likely blow through that with already 4 out of the first 8 on this page, no doubt completely tied to a losing effort in some idiotic topic in which people are just slapping him around the way an orca slaps a seal around.

2) The idiots engaging with his word salad stupidity.

3) Eric Nahlin for thinking that Kitan Crawford was going to get drafted and play many years in the NFL.

4) Me, for clicking on this thread occasionally and thinking that there'd actually be a 2024 spring camp discussion.

So stop clicking on this thread, dumbass. Maybe then you won't rub yourself to every post I make. Maybe get a hobby like rubbing oil on your fat wife's rolls, or continue giving Sydneytard hand jobs and talking about your good old days of when you played high school football like  the loser you are. 

You're a loser who pretends to be tough on a message board when in reality you have an inferiority complex. You might as well be an aggie. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Haha 4
  • Fuck You 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

1) The spider2y idiot, who has 17 posts out of 50 on the prior page and will likely blow through that with already 4 out of the first 8 on this page, no doubt completely tied to a losing effort in some idiotic topic in which people are just slapping him around the way an orca slaps a seal around.

3) Eric Nahlin for thinking that Kitan Crawford was going to get drafted and play many years in the NFL.

4) Me, for clicking on this thread occasionally and thinking that there'd actually be a 2024 spring camp discussion.

5) All of the above.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

On 3/31/2024 at 3:29 AM, Hook1997 said:

Mukuba is a projected day 1 or 2 pick, Taaffe has no draft profile. Taaffe should make a good special teams player this year…

If he were a projected day one pick, he'd be in the draft this year 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Next practice supposed to be around 9am tomorrow per Bobby Burton on Coffee & Football this morning. Hopefully this thread gets back on track. Minor commentary on Spring practice in first 1:30 of video below. Beyond that, it's a long video so ...

24 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

He's good enough to start until we get someone better. 

This whole conversation is like two guys on a desert island arguing about the nutritional value of coconuts. There's nothing else to eat, so what difference does it make?

If there are 2 people it seems like there's something different to eat for one of them...

• Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

My question is how bad does Ewers feel now thinking back on how Taafe picked him off twice in the state title game of Westlake vs Southlake Carroll? Also does this thread trigger him?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

12-45-59-295_512.gif

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

everyone GIF 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Is there just nothing to talk about or has everyone just stopped giving a fuck about the offseason? 

I’ve been incredibly busy and haven’t had time to really keep up and I came here to catch up. Is there going to be any discussion about the actual team, the depth or what to be excited about? 

• Prepare your anus 1

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

Is there just nothing to talk about or has everyone just stopped giving a fuck about the offseason? 

I’ve been incredibly busy and haven’t had time to really keep up and I came here to catch up. Is there going to be any discussion about the actual team, the depth or what to be excited about? 

You must have missed the last 3 pages where spider cried about Michael Taaffe. Besides that, though, I think most people are pretty happy about our depth other than at DT and nose. Maybe, I've had too many Skittles but it is really hard for me to find any faults on offense. Perhaps if Wingo or the TEs drop some easy stuff during the spring game, I'll change my mind, but right now, I'm good. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, immamac said:

We’ve all been waiting for you to come in and shit all over the coaching staff, again, so we’d have something to discuss.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

We’ve all been waiting for you to come in and shit all over the coaching staff, again, so we’d have something to discuss.

I don't know about that, but I have no clue if we even have a backup safety coach?

On 3/31/2024 at 2:01 PM, Spider2YBanana said:

2-3? Go look at the entire season where he was picked on constantly. He's slow as fuck, takes shitty angles, gets burned, but I guess those 3 INT'S make up for it since they landed in his hands at the perfect time. 

That never happened. He was never picked on constantly, he isn't slow, and those interceptions didn't just magically appear in his hands. He was in the right position in the called defense to make the play. That's by design, but the players have to be there to make it happen. That's why he played over guys like Crawford who were the ones busting coverage more often. 

I wonder if you watched the season. In this day of offense first the DBs are always going to be at a disadvantage but he was one of the guys who busted coverage the least on the season. 

Even against Washington the coverage wasn't bad for the most part. Penix was laser focused, we didn't pressure him, and their receivers were elite and made the catches on properly run routes. Our scheme was also more vanilla because of having a freshman or Crawford back there at all times who weren't ready or able to handle very complex coverages. Michigan had a better front, and better all around experienced DBs to really mix up on Penix for most the game. 

• Hook 'Em 4

40 minutes ago, immamac said:

no, they're not following your rules.

you should do something to them.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Too much koolaid to bitch about anything so we are just going to turn on ourselves and bitch about each other. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

You must have missed the last 3 pages where spider cried about Michael Taaffe. Besides that, though, I think most people are pretty happy about our depth other than at DT and nose. Maybe, I've had too many Skittles but it is really hard for me to find any faults on offense. Perhaps if Wingo or the TEs drop some easy stuff during the spring game, I'll change my mind, but right now, I'm good. 

36 minutes ago, BurntOrange&amp;White said:

Too much koolaid to bitch about anything so we are just going to turn on ourselves and bitch about each other. 

Basically this. Things are looking so good right now that, other than a certain poster who shall remain nameless, there's literally nothing to complain about. We don't know what to do.

25 minutes ago, immamac said:

so are we excited or just bored until the season? lol

Oh, and the Lady Horns are out of the tournament, so NOW we can start paying attention... to softball!

The off-season really was the best part of Texas football for over a decade, until last season. It feels strange to be able to tune out for a while, knowing the actual games are going to be far more enjoyable than any spring/summer nonsense.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

Fuck @Spider2YBanana, Taaffe is a good player and we're lucky to have him on the team.

Is he the greatest safety to grace the 40 Acres?  Of course not, but he played admirably when we needed him 

Longhorn for life.

Agree he's a Longhorn for life and I am glad that he's on our side. He got us Arch Manning. He's a legend in my book. 

1 minute ago, TrashMaster G said:

But... but.... HE'S WHITE!

White chocolate, fool! 

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

Basically this. Things are looking so good right now that, other than a certain poster who shall remain nameless, there's literally nothing to complain about. We don't know what to do.

Oh, and the Lady Horns are out of the tournament, so NOW we can start paying attention... to softball!

Lighten up, it's the off-season. Bitching about players is what we're supposed to do. Just like anointing the new recruits better than the previous recruits. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:
3 hours ago, immamac said:

Check back after spring game. 

Sounds a little like a Magic 8 Ball for the offseason. Just need to add - Yous a hoe. And shut your fucking white whore mouth.

Edited by Bevo

4 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Lighten up, it's the off-season. Bitching about players is what we're supposed to do. Just like anointing the new recruits better than the previous recruits. 

I guess. Obviously there’s a reason he’s playing.  The coaches aren’t willing to send their careers down the shitter to prove a “white boy” can play or prove a point to other players, etc.   Not sure why anyone would give Taaffe any grief for his play.  If there was any better option those guys would play and Taaffe would never see the field.  These coaches see the players everyday and play the best players at every position.  Unfortunately stupid fans want perfection I guess.  Fans hear about how talented some other players are and don’t realize talent doesn’t always translate to production on the field.  If you want to get upset with someone gets pissy with those “talented” players who can’t get their shit together and show the coaches they deserve more playing time.  It’s not Taaffe’s fault that he’s the best option.  He’s exactly the type of player that has gone to some other schools , in the past, and has terrorized Texas. But sure let’s complain about Taaffe.  He’s a damn good player and Texas is lucky he’s on the team.  Period.  Someone should tell Arch how much Taaffe sucks.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, stork642 said:

I guess. Obviously there’s a reason he’s playing.  The coaches aren’t willing to send their careers down the shitter to prove a “white boy” can play or prove a point to other players, etc.   Not sure why anyone would give Taaffe any grief for his play.  If there was any better option those guys would play and Taaffe would never see the field.  These coaches see the players everyday and play the best players at every position.  Unfortunately stupid fans want perfection I guess.  Fans hear about how talented some other players are and don’t realize talent doesn’t always translate to production on the field.  If you want to get upset with someone gets pissy with those “talented” players who can’t get their shit together and show the coaches they deserve more playing time.  It’s not Taaffe’s fault that he’s the best option.  He’s exactly the type of player that has gone to some other schools , in the past, and has terrorized Texas. But sure let’s complain about Taaffe.  He’s a damn good player and Texas is lucky he’s on the team.  Period.  Someone should tell Arch how much Taaffe sucks.  

Do you even paragraph, bro?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, immamac said:

Is there going to be any discussion about the actual team, the depth or what to be excited about? 

Agree, let's get back on topic here.

What does everyone think our safety rotation will look like this season?

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Edited by Bill Lumbergh
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1