Texas @ Kansas State Series Thread

Horny Bull

Give me Ace Whitehead who pitches at 84-87 against anyone who throws 93 and pisses their leg under pressure. 

Agreed…Their nibbling/walking shit drives me nuts. Ace isn’t afraid to throw strikes and get hit letting his defense help him.

I think it may be time to accept the fact that this isn't all Pierce.  We have players with a lot of talent who have no balls.  They dont crave coming in with the sacs juiced...they are terrified of it.  This staff is gutless, save a few players and there is no way to teach someone how not to be a gutless pussy.  Throwing 95 doesn't change who you are internally.  You will cower and fail to performs when the chips are down.

It’s not all Pierce. It’s not a lack of talent. It’s not that our pitching is terrible or that we can’t hit.

LBJ was terrible tonight. But he’s the same guy that went into Miami and shut them down last year. Did he go from balls of steel to gutless? I’m not sure what it is.

There’s a lot of theories thrown out here that there are reasons to question the accuracy of those theories. That doesn’t mean there is not some truth there either.

The whole Witt situation brings up a number of questions. It wouldn’t surprise me if it had a significant impact on the entire team. From energy to confidence to strategy to roster composition.

You can’t really point to one thing with this team. Tuesdays hitting was surprising. LBJs performance tonight was surprising. So the next disappointment will probably be something else.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dcar00 said:

my only hope is that since CDC didn't hire Pierce, the trigger will be quicker.

Pierce is like the Friday starting pitcher who can’t throw strikes, is giving up hits and is only in the 2nd inning….and CDC walks out to the mound and is looking at the bullpen.

50 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

It’s not all Pierce. It’s not a lack of talent. It’s not that our pitching is terrible or that we can’t hit.

LBJ was terrible tonight. But he’s the same guy that went into Miami and shut them down last year. Did he go from balls of steel to gutless? I’m not sure what it is.

There’s a lot of theories thrown out here that there are reasons to question the accuracy of those theories. That doesn’t mean there is not some truth there either.

The whole Witt situation brings up a number of questions. It wouldn’t surprise me if it had a significant impact on the entire team. From energy to confidence to strategy to roster composition.

You can’t really point to one thing with this team. Tuesdays hitting was surprising. LBJs performance tonight was surprising. So the next disappointment will probably be something else.

Losers find ways to lose. And this team is full of losers. It isn't that complicated. 

3 hours ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Losers find ways to lose. And this team is full of losers. It isn't that complicated. 

We’ve seen it before in other sports. Talent comes in does well early then regresses. Other sports the coaching staff is blamed but for some reason the baseball coach gets excused

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We’ve seen it before in other sports. Talent comes in does well early then regresses. Other sports the coaching staff is blamed but for some reason the baseball coach gets excused

Pierce and CDC need to have a nice lunch meeting, before the season ends.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Thomas, Flores, Belyeu, Powell, Galvan, Schuessler, Whitehead, Grubbs. All dudes playing as well or better than ever.

Brown, Jack and LBJ (one real bad start) I suppose are the regressions.

Freshmen that we can’t say they regressed. Gasparino, Kennedy. Borba and Farmer you can’t tell because they haven’t played much.

Witt and Shaw have jacked up arms.

Then the rest are largely just some guys that fit certain roles.

Maybe Hornsby is on it. They’re just losers.

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

Thomas, Flores, Belyeu, Powell, Galvan, Schuessler, Whitehead, Grubbs. All dudes playing as well or better than ever.

Brown, Jack and LBJ (one real bad start) I suppose are the regressions.

Freshmen that we can’t say they regressed. Gasparino, Kennedy. Borba and Farmer you can’t tell because they haven’t played much.

Witt and Shaw have jacked up arms.

Then the rest are largely just some guys that fit certain roles.

Maybe Hornsby is on it. They’re just losers.

I think @Hookem2147 said it earlier about LBJ but it looks to me like the book is out on him. Make him locate the fastball, don’t swing at the slider because he can’t throw it for a strike.

Was at the gym and checked the score, we were up 3-0. Left then gym and went to my friends daughters softball game (11yr old playing in a 14u league). Watched her pitch really good for her first time at the longer distance and she hit one over the left fielders head for an inside the park homerun. Love watching her play, she's a little badass if i do say so myself. Anyway, totally forgot about the game until driving home when my brother texted me "it looks like we've only scored a field goal against Kstate's 2 touchdowns".

I had a better night than most of y'all did last night is what i'm saying lol

She plays again tonight. So maybe i'll get lucky and forget about the game again

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

If this season continue on its current trajectory, then he will be on the hot seat next year and probably need at least a super regional to stay on as the coach. In short, he is fucked. 

If you don't think he's the guy 3 years from now then just fire now. Rather go into SEC with new coach and new eye for talent/portal/hs recruiting than to just drag this out any longer....prolonging will only make the move there worse. This reminds me of Tom Hermans last season....

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

If you don't think he's the guy 3 years from now then just fire now. Rather go into SEC with new coach and new eye for talent/portal/hs recruiting than to just drag this out any longer....prolonging will only make the move there worse.

I agree with you. But I think CDC will give him next year. Kinda like our Bball coach. I don't think he is the guy, but he too will get more time. 

11 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I agree with you. But I think CDC will give him next year. Kinda like our Bball coach. I don't think he is the guy, but he too will get more time. 

key difference is bball coach is in his 1st year of contract with 10+ million remaining on buyout. not 2.4ish

5 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

key difference is bball coach is in his 1st year of contract with 10+ million remaining on buyout. not 2.4ish

And he didn’t hire Pierce 

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

RT has been here 1.5 years. This is Pierce's... 8th season? It's not really apples to apples. Pierce has had one team seriously contend for a national title coaching a program where making the CWS every other year is the expectation. RT is helming a program where, historically, a ro32 finish is a good season and anything beyond that is gravy (regardless of what CDC says about "top 10 programs" across the board).

Texas has always been a top 10 baseball program and doesn't appear to be right now, and "top 10" is being very conservative. Texas has never been a top 10 basketball program outside of maybe a 5 or 6 year stretch under Barnes. 

19 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If you don't think he's the guy 3 years from now then just fire now. Rather go into SEC with new coach and new eye for talent/portal/hs recruiting than to just drag this out any longer....prolonging will only make the move there worse. This reminds me of Tom Hermans last season....

Agree. You can have an "off year" but eventually you get below what the floor should ever be at Texas and it becomes a "what are we doing?" type question. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

CDC also hired RT.
Pierce, he did not. 

Edited by MuellerHorn
Js1 beat me