Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

The seasons and the elements are killing this team. 
Can’t win in the spring, 

cant win in the cold

cant win in the wind 

can’t win in air conditioning 

well I guess we won’t need to worry about fall, so there’s that 

• Haha 1

actual phone conversation i had just now

"Well, draft starts in two hours, and then after this weekend, no more sports to watch until -"

"Three hours."

"Oh. Right. They start bullshitting in two, actual draft is at 8 Eastern. Anyway, after that, it's a real damn shame that there aren't any sports on this summer, nothing until August. Yep, no more..."

"Oh, the Astros los--"

"I SAID IT'S A REAL GODDAMN SHAME THAT THERE AREN'T ANY MORE SPORTS ON UNTIL AUGUST."

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

This is hard core suckitude.  Singleton’s inability to barrel and elevate is going to end his career.  He’s badass at taking pitches knowing when to swing but he fucking rolls over everything.

It ended it 5 9 years ago yet here we are

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1

That we are off to a worse start than any season between 2011 and 2013 got me thinking. At least then we had a plan in place to turn things around. There was a reason to be excited for the future even when the present was terrible. This is starting to feel like 2007. 

• Rage+1 2

Just now, Seasick Sailor said:

That we are off to a worse start than any season between 2011 and 2013 got me thinking. At least then we had a plan in place to turn things around. There was a reason to be excited for the future even when the present was terrible. This is starting to feel like 2007. 

Not in 2011 we didn't.  Unless you consider selling out to Selig's bullshit move to the AL a plan.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, WBT said:

Anyone else get their May ballpark pass today?

Going to be able to stroll down to the 5th row like it's 2012 again.

Man idk.

August? Sure

but I think people will still be holding on to the bandwagon through at least the ASB.

but yeah, when they put the 2nd half single game tickets on sale, gon be crickets unless they find a hot streak

All these damn Cali imports, my kids are having to take shit now, from not only Dodger’s delusional ass fans but now the Angels, Ahh hell nah, A big ol’ FU to Dana Brown! Kids for the first time in their lives are questioning being Astros fans. Now I have to teach them about the past and what it means to be a Houston Sports fan. I hoped to keep them pure and innocent for a few more years to come. 

56 minutes ago, WBT said:

Anyone else get their May ballpark pass today?

Going to be able to stroll down to the 5th row like it's 2012 again.

hell yes. It’s a great deal

maybe this slump year thins out the fanbase some 

Mauricio Dubón: "It's a slap in the face. If you'd have told me we were going to be like this after we broke camp, I probably would've called bullshit. Things are not going our way right now. We just have to battle through, stay positive and keep playing baseball."

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Mauricio Dubón: "It's a slap in the face. If you'd have told me we were going to be like this after we broke camp, I probably would've called bullshit. Things are not going our way right now. We just have to battle through, stay positive and keep playing baseball."

Start playing baseball my dude- not keep playing baseball. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

Let's see if Yordan can nail a 500 footer into the stands, and that be the spark that ignites a fire in this team that burns until they win the World Series in November! 

Even if Yordan hit a monster shot over the wall, I'd half expect the Rockies' version of Bob Beamon to leap into the stands and catch it. 

• Drool 1

We’re going to find out how much patience Crane has. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a managerial change at the All-Star break if things don’t improve OR look for a player dump in exchange for minor leaguers on the rise. Rome fell, I guess it happens to baseball teams as well.

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

🥺🥺🥺🥺

Ehhhh… I think I’d tap the brakes on the “everything possible has gone wrong” talk.  Has any of our main bats even missed a game due to injury?

I might argue that we had more stuff “go wrong” last year, with the injuries to Altuve/Alvarez/Garcia/Urquidy all within the first couple of months.

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Did you have coronas with him?

I tried to buy him a Paloma at the hotel bar but his agent wouldn't let me give it to him, so I drank it

#greatsuccess 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mez2 said:

I tried to buy him a Paloma at the hotel bar but his agent wouldn't let me give it to him, so I drank it

#greatsuccess 

Two years from now, the memory will be that you stepped up and drank Abreu’s drink in his face, and he didn’t do shit.

*Although he’s cooked, he does seem like a good dude.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1
  • Prepare your anus 1