Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, Honeysucklerose said:

This team man. Just blows. Fire this GM

I haven't been this pissed at an Astros team in a long time, but I can't put this all on Brown or Espada. Hader looked to be a great signing, and most every other GM makes the same move. He's been a epic failure. I'd announce that Pressly is now the closer moving forward. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

And Altuve with the warning track fly ball last out. Thought it might have a chance. 
I hate everything again. 

players get older, the fences stay in the same place 🥺🥺🥺🥺

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, TonyTexas said:

The Ryan Pressly with the 5.27 ERA and 1.68 WHIP?

Fair point, but at some point you need to send a message to Hader. Either get your shit together or we'll go a different direction. Can't just keep doing the same thing and get the same results. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

8th fucking blown save of the season. 8

if Singelton can stay steady, he’ll be a very tradable bat

Straight up loss. No blown save since they were tied. 

Have the Astros changed anything with his (Hader) delivery or pitch selection, I remember reading something about that with a pitcher we acquired a few ago. Dont remember who but it was something about preferring the 4 seamer

1 hour ago, Mo Horn said:

Straight up loss. No blown save since they were tied. 

Abreu gets a blown save though.  You can only get a save by ending the game, you can blow one any time you enter the game in a save situation.

• Hook 'Em 1

This team misses Strommy bad. Everyone wants to lay the blame at the feet of Espada but I don’t have a lot of confidence in Miller and Murphy. I know he wasn’t here last year either, but I think that’s been the biggest loss of the franchise recently. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

This team misses Strommy bad. Everyone wants to lay the blame at the feet of Espada but I don’t have a lot of confidence in Miller and Murphy. I know he wasn’t here last year either, but I think that’s been the biggest loss of the franchise recently. 

I mostly blame father time

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

It's literally impossible to imagine not one but two bullpens that are apparently between 2 to 3 times as bad as ours. How the fuck are the Blue Jays and Rays that bad?

53 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It's literally impossible to imagine not one but two bullpens that are apparently between 2 to 3 times as bad as ours. How the fuck are the Blue Jays and Rays that bad?

People are sleeping on the job Martinez and Scott are doing.

they’ve pitched over a quarter of our total innings out of the bullpen so far this year and have a combined ERA of 1.89.

you're only thinking of the meltdowns by Abreu/Pressly/Hader. If that’s all we had , yeah, we’d be closer to Toronto and Tampa

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, UTexasFight said:

People are sleeping on the job Martinez and Scott are doing.

they’ve pitched over a quarter of our total innings out of the bullpen so far this year and have a combined ERA of 1.89.

you're only thinking of the meltdowns by Abreu/Pressly/Hader. If that’s all we had , yeah, we’d be closer to Toronto and Tampa

I haven’t looked at the numbers but Montero has been ass.

3 minutes ago, Limp Brisket said:

1.02    3.78  

whip/era

he needs to keep it up, get better even. prime trade bait. playoff proven arm !

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Limp Brisket said:

His actual era is just fine. The underlying peripherals are shit and would expect the era to go much higher quicker. 

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Hmm …..

Not sure why The Athletic pays Bowden, he is terrible.  Theres zero chance the Jays would accept that deal.  Maybe if Houston threw in Hunter Brown and replaced Corona with Melton.