UFL 2024

Longboard Horn

The XFL and USFL have merged to form the United Football League. Kickoff starts at noon CT on FOX. LFG! 

GJ44g5ibUAAx0s5?format=png&name=large

Returning teams are Arlington Renegades, Houston Roughnecks, San Antonio Brahmas, St. Louis Battlehawks, Birmingham Stallions, DC Defenders, Michigan Panthers and Memphis Showboats 

• Hook 'Em 1

Looks like Jeff McCulloch (Memphis Showboats) is the only Longhorn in the league from a quick glance at the rosters. Some other once notable names like Daylon Mack, Trey Williams and Anthony Hines.

I will be there no matter what.

3 hours ago, Macklemore said:

No way. Roughnecks have developed a local fan base. The Gamblers never played a game in Houston. 

I had a Gamblers T-shirt. Someone stole it.

I have Roughnecks gear that has not yet disappeared.

I would have been happy with either. Just glad to have Spring ball.

I flipped over to the Michigan stylus game . Unlike the old USFL- WFL leagues the level of play is pretty weak. Coaching as well.

I want to like this football but these are basically the 90-114 best QBs out there, if that good.

• Like 1

I flipped over to the Michigan stylus game . Unlike the old USFL- WFL leagues the level of play is pretty weak. Coaching as well.

I want to like this football but these are basically the 90-114 best QBs out there, if that good.
So much disrespect to AJ McCarron lmao
  • Haha 3

Yeah I don't think any of these Spring leagues will see success until they figure out a way to tweak the rules to allow scoring with bad QB play.  Because the QBs are always going to be bad.  

San Antonio does a good job of supporting these teams relative to the other cities, they play today at 11 central at the Alamodome.

10 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I can't do it. This is basically a step above high school and a tier below college. It's boring and players are bad. 

Wait until about week five or six. That’s when the play gets a lot better because things will start clicking. A lot of these guys are new to the team and still trying to figure out the playbook.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't think any of these Spring leagues will see success until they figure out a way to tweak the rules to allow scoring with bad QB play.  Because the QBs are always going to be bad.  
San Antonio does a good job of supporting these teams relative to the other cities, they play today at 11 central at the Alamodome.

I’d run the fucking wishbone and make folks stop it, if I can find a triple option QB.
  • Hook 'Em 1

The UFL is miles ahead of the NFL as far as reffing and replay. Straight up comical how bad the NFL botches things as compared to what the UFL does. Kinda makes you think it's on purpose because all of this technology is readily available and easy to implement.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Wait until about week five or six. That’s when the play gets a lot better because things will start clicking. A lot of these guys are new to the team and still trying to figure out the playbook.

I'll take your advise and check it out on week 5 to see if it'd gotten any better, cause week one was akin to watching a very bad 2A team from Maine. 

To be honest, I may get a t-shirt for the coolest looking team just to have one. It's the best I can do. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

I didn't watch a second of any of this, but it's time for me to get a Brahmas tattoo.

Any league that gets a TD pass to a center on a fake punt is doing something right.

SA represent!

That play was epic! San Antonio has improved a lot since last season. Hell they were the second worst team in the league and just embarrassed the championship runner up.

51 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

The UFL is miles ahead of the NFL as far as reffing and replay. Straight up comical how bad the NFL botches things as compared to what the UFL does. Kinda makes you think it's on purpose because all of this technology is readily available and easy to implement.

The Tru Line technology is outstanding. Also I like that they show us Dean Blandino in the replay headquarters communicating with the officials. Get your shit together NFL. And of course it's on purpose. My guess to why they don't use that technology is because they like rigging their games lol 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Thats quite the product endorsement. 

Posted (edited)

It's like the XFL.  Solid back ground noise on a rainy weekend, but nothing to emotionally invest in.  I watched a little on Sunday.  Actually saw that wild-ass fake punt live.

There are a lot of fringe NFL guys that I recognize from being above average college players, except for at QB generally.  I watch a decent amount of CFL later in the summer and that league has better QB play, which I think is what eventually separates it.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

Posted (edited)

41-yd rush by Mataeo Durant gets them to the 11. A couple more Mataeo runs and they’re on the 3 with about :25 left. Take a couple steps backward and fall down to set up the FG. Stoops about to go down. 

With :02 left, the FG is good. St. Louis wins 27-24. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 2

On 4/6/2024 at 9:59 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

41-yd rush by Mataeo Durant gets them to the 11. A couple more Mataeo runs and they’re on the 3 with about :25 left. Take a couple steps backward and fall down to set up the FG. Stoops about to go down. 

With :02 left, the FG is good. St. Louis wins 27-24. 

LOL ole bag o' dicks Stoops is 0-2. The Battlehawks have had his number. Even going back to the 2020 season opener when they played Stoops and the Renegades were something like a 9 point favorite and lost! 

I've never watched a game until today. I just finished watching the San Antonio vs. St. Louis game. With nothing going on today and having some beer in the fridge I tried out watching some spring football.

I enjoyed it but turned down the volume because of everyone mic'd up was distracting.

5 hours ago, F250 said:

I've never watched a game until today. I just finished watching the San Antonio vs. St. Louis game. With nothing going on today and having some beer in the fridge I tried out watching some spring football.

I enjoyed it but turned down the volume because of everyone mic'd up was distracting.

Did you enjoy it? 

14 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Did you enjoy it? 

Yes, I did. Beer, football and grilled chicken fajitas. I enjoyed the afternoon. Initially, I didn't have any investment in the game but towards the end I really wanted San Antonio to win the game. I will likely watch more San Antonio games. I would really like it if they changed the name to the San Antonio Gunslingers.

5 hours ago, F250 said:

Yes, I did. Beer, football and grilled chicken fajitas. I enjoyed the afternoon. Initially, I didn't have any investment in the game but towards the end I really wanted San Antonio to win the game. I will likely watch more San Antonio games. I would really like it if they changed the name to the San Antonio Gunslingers.

Yeah Gunslingers were the shit back in the old USFL days. Brahmas are a nice name, but the logo and uniforms are ugly. They look like a group of Buffalo Wild Wings employees. Good thing you started watching San Antonio this season since they have Wade Phillips and his staff. Last year they were absolutely horrible with Hines Ward. 

Also, just checked. They can't call themselves the Gunslingers because they exist already as an arena football team. Cooler logo than the Brahmas. 

b1cd91d2-0e51-4ca1-a499-b08224e6ea57-large1x1_Capture.thumb.jpg.de85fdaabf7d94951e1919039393d46b.jpg