2024 Masters

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

His glutes seemed to be firing well today. I'll gladly take as much Tiger as we have left with him in this sport. 

I thought he was getting nice trap extension and delt engagement.

19 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think if the pain was incomprehensible he wouldn't be playing golf. 

Its probably nothing that overnight treatment can't fix. And by treatment I mean a few hours with hookers and a Perkins waitress. 

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

Its probably nothing that overnight treatment can't fix. And by treatment I mean a few hours with hookers and a Perkins waitress. 

Wait.... there's a difference? 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

I think Rory gets a jacket someday but it won’t be the next major he wins. He’s got to get rid of that monkey first. 

He almost won a major last year and the year before that. 

His game isn't in great form and he typically doesn't play well in bad conditions. I never thought he'd win this year. 

15 minutes ago, Blotto said:

And some ketel one and a few hydros.

Edited by ztejas

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He almost won one last year and the year before that. 

His game isn't in great form and he typically doesn't play well in bad conditions. I never thought he'd win this year. 

He missed the cut last year and was a distant back door second the year before. 

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Tiger hanging around for the weekend is quite a feat...

"50 year old Tiger Woods, on one leg, struggling all day to get back to even par in extremely rough conditions. Just didn't have his best game."

"Elsewhere on the course, world top 5 golfers Rory McIlroy and last year's champ Jon Rahm fighting to make the cut at +4."

Tiger's incredible. Full stop. If he'd just keep his mouth shut and not talk about winning, everyone would appreciate how amazing him making the cut is.

Sorry to those who tire of his coverage. Dude's going to be able to grind out a 73 on any course on the planet until he's 70.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

Both Couples and Langer made the cut at the age of 63. 

stood behind langer once at the pro’s lunch buffet, sr tournament in san antonio. 

1. He’s a tiny human being, 5-6. 150 lbs tops

2. He was way too slow making his damn salad. Like watching paint dry. I wanted to jump in front of him But he was a player and I was just a guest. But damn he took forever 

3. they had an over sized prime rib at the end, that was damn good. I pretty much skipped everything and had a plate of prime rib. Fucking delicious. Had to hit it twice

The heel turn with Jon Rahm in just one year is pretty incredible to see. Last year he won the Masters, pledged his support for the PGA, and one of the most likable and popular players. He's a total student of the game and was so good doing commentary in the booth post-round that it was easy to imagine him becoming a TV golf analyst whenever he retires. 

Then he took the LIV money fully knowing the consequences. He'd already seen how bad the LIV ratings were and the fallen reputations of guys who joined LIV earlier. Now he plays exhibition golf 1-2 times a month and cried like a spoiled brat about the wind on a Friday round at the Masters. How the mighty have fallen. This whole situation fucking sucks.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

Interesting info … sped

Many of my friends houses are owned by LLCs due to the Augusta rule. They then have “corporate retreats” in their own homes. Richer than me so I don’t know all the details.

Except my lifelong friend who actually lives in Augusta, she and her husband use the $100K/ week Masters revenue to fund renovations and expansions. She covered her kids college expenses many years ago and now they just keep redecorating.
  • Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I know it's just a bit of bad luck, but not many great pairings today. 

Yeah - it would have been great/funny to see a Tiger/Phil pairing (maybe tomorrow), Brooks/Patrick Slowly, Rory/Phil but the real thing everyone is waiting for is to see what Jason Day is wearing today.

17 hours ago, ztejas said:

He almost won a major last year and the year before that. 

Which majors?

9 minutes ago, Bregs said:

Which majors?

2023 - 2 US Open
2022 - 2 Masters, 3 Open Championship

2022/2023 7 top tens in Majors, and MC in 2023 Masters

Does Rory or Jordan get the career grand slam? (Rory needs a green jacket, Jordan needs a PGA)
Other players who are 1 major short of a career slam (and still playing)
Phil - US Open

Brooks has 5 majors but lacks a green jacket, and an Open Championship

• Hook 'Em 1

Fyi... In 2023 due to Tiger's health, Joe LaCava switched to caddying for Cantlay. 

Who is Tiger Woods' new Masters caddie?

Woods' caddie for the 2024 Masters Tournament is Lance Bennett. It marks just the second time that the legendary pro will have Bennett on his bag. 

Bennett is no stranger to the tour scene. He has been caddying on the PGA Tour since 2003, serving with the likes of Matt Kuchar, Sungjae Im, and Davis Riley. He also has been on the bag for a number of LPGA players, such as Juli Inkster, Paula Creamer, and Lorena Ochoa. 

The relationship between Woods and Bennett started in 2013 when Bennett was still with Kuchar. Woods and Kuchar played together at the Presidents Cup. 

“As far as Lance is concerned, I’ve had a great relationship with him over the years going back to when he caddied for [Matt Kuchar] and when we played at the Presidents Cup together back in, what, Muirfield Village," Woods said before the Genesis Invitational.

"Very down to earth, very loyal, and how he conversated through the years, I’ve also taken notice of that. We’ve had the same type of feels in how we look at the golf course and how we read putts. They’re very similar."

18 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Tight leader board, can someone make a run today ??

Not sure the wind conditions and flags set up will allow a low round today. On Sunday, won't be surprised if the set up yields a lot more birdies.  

Posted (edited)

BDC crushing drive into trees left on #2.  Squirrels better put on their hardhats today. I

Edit:  Members bounce kicked it back close to the fairway...  😕

Edited by LTtxfan