The Dallas Stars 2024 Playoffs Thread

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Petrovic a +1 tonight and played 14 minutes. That’s so much better than playing Nils for 90 seconds a game. 

Good thing they finally made the move, right before a 2 OT game and this one. Would kill the top 5. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Maybe make the decision to not keep letting Mcdavid stand right above the crease all alone. 

Well Wyatt and Benn decided to start humping one guy on the other goal line instead of getting back. 

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

Did not expect to see Tanev at the bottom of the card tonight. Seems like Wyatt is consistently near the bottom more often than not recently.

Shit, I was thinking after the game that if Tanev wasn't near the bottom of that thing C-man posts, it's time to start ignoring it.  That was far and away his worst game of the playoffs.  (Maybe his first bad game?)

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Shit, I was thinking after the game that if Tanev wasn't near the bottom of that thing C-man posts, it's time to start ignoring it.  That was far and away his worst game of the playoffs.  (Maybe his first bad game?)

I had my daughter's baccalaureate service last night so I missed most of the first period and a half until we got situated for a late dinner at the bar at Lovers Seafood. Tanev seemed OK to me and also helped on the (at that point) game-saving stop of McDavid in 1OT. I'm guessing he was a big part of Edmonton's first two tallies? Just looked and he was -2. That was just his second minus game of the playoffs (G1 loss vs COL was the other).

i've been watching hockey since that opening miraculous 2-2 draw v. sweden in lake placid

i profess to know fuckall about hockey tactics

that said it seems to me that the oiler pk is a black hole of slack and deboer has to do something different on our pp

i propose the radical idea of using the 3rd & 4th lines on the pp, mixed up with no advance warning of who is playing what position, no practicing in the skatearound don't even tell 'em until they get to the bench for the opening faceoff

lines 1 & 2 *C-I-L-L-E-D" themselves in that double minor and were never able to hit 6th gear the rest of the way, at which point the erlers only had to grind us down until we had nothing left

save lines 1 & 2 for 5 on 5

+++

here's some peter deboer stuff:

he was born in dunnville ontario which is an unincorporated part of haldimand county

haldimand county's jamaican-born mp is smoke:

Leslyn_Lewis_Headshot_2020.jpg.91316f73f49baef676252e9705f1603c.jpg

dunnville has a giant catfish (they call it a 'mudcat')

Mud_Cat_of_Dunnville_ON_Canada.JPG.d73f94d79f43a6deb6d5df840d9a4162.JPG

the Dunville motto is "Grand Living in a Great Town"

here's the Haldimand County logo (also used as their flag):

haldimandlogo.jpg.b561f85adf7ccb609301c60f059069b2.jpg

and here's the Haldimand coat of arms and explanation of all the stuff on it:

haldimanshield.jpg.78dec8665f8167b86d0e2401ad4cfeec.jpg

Interpretation of Symbols:

Crest  

Representing all that are subject to the laws of Canada. We felt that a simplified version of the crown allowed for a cleaner and more perceptible symbol.

Trillium

The three trilliums in the crest represent the three former municipalities (Haldimand, Dunnville and Nanticoke). It is also the Ontario provincial flower and is typical flora of this area.

Wampum Belt

Represents an historical artifact used by the Six Nations Indians as a belt or sash on which hieroglyphic records were strung with polished shells. This particular belt portrays a Two-Row Wampum Belt.

The Two-Row Treaty is a formal agreement between two nations. Three rows of white beads, which symbolize peace, friendship and respect, separate the two purple rows. The two purple rows depict two paths, or two vessels traveling down the same river. One row symbolizes the Iroquoian Confederacy with its law, customs and ways and the other symbolizes the European nations. Both paths or vessels move side by side in the same direction, neither interfering with the other.

Shield

An indispensable element of a coat of arms, representing unity and working together in harmony. The shield is a strong, central element on which the symbols of identification are fixed. The design borrows from the 1850 version of the old Haldimand County coat of arms.

The shield also reflects our three-in-one theme with its three sections of the shield.

Colours

The dominant colours, gold, burgundy, blue and green symbolize the riches of the land, the waters that replenish it and the people who call this area home. The same colours are also used in the Haldimand County logo.

Water

The very centre of the shield represents the Grand River and its destination, Lake Erie. The central position on the shield indicates the vital importance of both river and lake to farming, industry and recreation throughout Haldimand’s history.

Sheaves

Represent the rich farmlands and bountiful agricultural produce (grain, fruit, vegetables, livestock) extending far into Haldimand’s past.

Mill Stone

Represents the use of the Grand River to power the flour and grist mills which sustained early settlements.

Pick and Shovel

Represent gypsum mining, probably the first modern organized industry in the Haldimand area.

Cog

Represents industries and labour of the people of the past and present, evoking the industrial development which has provided many people of Haldimand with employment.

Fish

Represents the popularity of sports fishing which has made the Grand River one of the best known destinations in North America. It also symbolizes the commercial fishing industry which has flourished along Haldimand’s waterways since the early 1800s.

Riverboat Wheel

Represents early water transportation and the Grand River Navigation Company which is a significant part of Haldimand’s history.

Bulrushes

Represent the natural life of many marshy areas found along the river’s edge and throughout Haldimand County.

Willow Branches

Represent many trees that can be found growing along the river and elsewhere in Haldimand. The branches of the willow show flexibility and strength.

Motto

Hinting at excellence and the history of the County, we felt that the motto should reflect how strength is gained through a unified people.