Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

Just now, Fozzz said:

I think letting Biden win the nomination would be more likely to let Trump win than having a real primary for the Dem nomination.  Instead of doing nothing AOC could support the candidate with the best shot of beating Biden and the one who allegedly shares her ideology, but AOC gotta AOC.  

I'm sorry, now I'm back to "translate that, please".  It seems to me that illiterate social media influencer "Liz Franczak" is slamming AOC for not endorsing Bernie right now.  Is that not the case?  If AOC is waiting to endorse, isn't it likely she's doing exactly what you are suggesting?

English, motherfuckers.  Does any of you speak it?

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm sorry, now I'm back to "translate that, please".  It seems to me that illiterate social media influencer "Liz Franczak" is slamming AOC for not endorsing Bernie right now.  Is that not the case?  If AOC is waiting to endorse, isn't it likely she's doing exactly what you are suggesting?

English, motherfuckers.  Does any of you speak it?

If she's going to wait until next summer then she might as well not endorse anyone as the race will be over by that point.  If she wants to user her endorsement to actually support someone then she needs to do it before Super Tuesday at the latest, which she is saying she will not do.  With Biden having a commanding lead in the early polling, why the fuck would you throw away your endorsement like that?

16 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah cause every democrat voter is a Rhoades scholar...  Jeebus your idiocy wafts from the screen.

i wouldnt say that but smarter than the deplorables that make up the trump base.  have you looked behind him at one of his pep rallies lately?  i think he picks up day laborers and pays them to stand behind him.

17 hours ago, Fozzz said:

If she's going to wait until next summer then she might as well not endorse anyone as the race will be over by that point.

She's a superdelegate now, so that complicates the nature of her endorsement.

But it's OK, she's good.

16 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

i wouldnt say that but smarter than the deplorables that make up the trump base.  have you looked behind him at one of his pep rallies lately?  i think he picks up day laborers and pays them to stand behind him.

No I wouldn't go to a Trump rally, no need to get depressed.

Have you ever looked at the inner city people who vote lockstep with that their pastors tell them to do ?  Have you ever looked at the inner city people who vote exactly how they're told to vote by the local council reps. These are people who graduate HS at less then a 75% rate.  They're a big block of democrat voters.

1 hour ago, thrillhammer said:

This is the exact type of comment that gets trump re-elected and fired up his base in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

8 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

The democrat party base is largely made up of the worst people in America.

See how unfounded that opinion statement is?

sure, a lot of this is just opinion and everyone believing what you want to believe.  however, you can look at the facts and see that most college educated people voted democrat, and most uneducated, redneck, trailer trash people voted republican.   there was some opinion mixed in with the facts in that last sentence.

1 minute ago, thrillhammer said:

sure, a lot of this is just opinion and everyone believing what you want to believe.  however, you can look at the facts and see that most college educated people voted democrat, and most uneducated, redneck, trailer trash people voted republican.   there was some opinion mixed in with the facts in that last sentence.

Don't forget Racists for Trump. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Don't call people out for doing shitty things because it might cause them to do even shittier things.  Republican logic.

I think you are off base here. I am happy for him to continue to spout this kind of rhetoric; free speech and all.

It's also the best kind of material to get republicans fired up about re-electing Trump that might otherwise stay at home.

5 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

It's also the best kind of material to get republicans fired up about re-electing Trump that might otherwise stay at home.

do not for one second think that we will just sit around and watch you drive others to the voting booths, because we don't tolerate that around here.

It would reawaken the uproar over The Bell Curve, so it's not gonna happen, but I would love to see a study where various voting blocks are broken down according to IQ.  I'd bet very good money that the median IQ of Trump voters is below that of those who voted for Hillary or "other".

(Request:  Let's not get into a squabble over the validity and bias in IQ tests.)

36 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

But mine is accurate. Yours is not.

prove it. How does one measure best/worst and support with facts? I'm assuming you mean in your opinion or opinions of others like you?

37 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

Educated does not always equal smart.  I consider most aggy graduates less intelligent than a lot of what you would consider "redneck trailer trash".  Oh, and the poor day laborers that live in trailers, are no less of a human being, and in no way worse, than this type of person:

Luke_Crywalker.png

13 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

prove it. How does one measure best/worst and support with facts? I'm assuming you mean in your opinion or opinions of others like you?

Educated does not always equal smart.  I consider most aggy graduates less intelligent than a lot of what you would consider "redneck trailer trash".  Oh, and the poor day laborers that live in trailers, are no less of a human being, and in no way worse, than this type of person:

Luke_Crywalker.png

It's not cool to dox David by posting his photo.  

• Haha 1

i get it dude, you have built walls around your reality and convinced yourself trump has made america great again, better than it was two years ago.  i disagree, and we will have to let the voters decide.  if i had to wager now i'd say trump has a 45% chance of being re-elected, and that's 40 points higher than it should be, but there are loyalists like you that refuse to see the trampling on democracy, the desecration of the constitution, the abuse of power, the lying and dishonesty, the hoodwinking of society, and so on and so on.  but i get it, you're going to stand by your man, like lindsey and mcconnell and mccarthy, scalise, jordan, and all the other loyalists. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enchubben said:

Educated does not always equal smart.  I consider most aggy graduates less intelligent than a lot of what you would consider "redneck trailer trash". 

Wait, aren't those the same thing?

3 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Wait, aren't those the same thing?

my sarcasm meter might be off, but i have personally met two 4.0 students that graduated from Mays that I am shocked were able to tie their shoes and cross the street safely.  High educated - dumb as rocks.

In contrast, I have met some very poor individuals, that I assume you would consider redneck trash, that are brilliant in their line of work.  Those people are smart nad may only have their GED.

2 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

my sarcasm meter might be off, but i have personally met two 4.0 students that graduated from Mays that I am shocked were able to tie their shoes and cross the street safely.  High educated - dumb as rocks.

In contrast, I have met some very poor individuals, that I assume you would consider redneck trash, that are brilliant in their line of work.  Those people are smart nad may only have their GED.

Check meter. 

Has anyone in Congress ever done that before (at least in the last ~20 years) for military expenditures? I remember some Republicans doing something similar for some NSF grants but that was largely them showing their asses not understanding how science works.  

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Has anyone in Congress ever done that before (at least in the last ~20 years) for military expenditures? I remember some Republicans doing something similar for some NSF grants but that was largely them showing their asses not understanding how science works.  

used to be republicans would go after the $1000 dollar toilet seats and hammers. that's how i remember it. my, how times have changed. conservative spending.

9 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

used to be republicans would go after the $1000 dollar toilet seats and hammers. that's how i remember it. my, how times have changed. conservative spending.

Correct.

Nowadays, even the slightest criticism of the military or reigning in the military industrial complex and its spending is met with cries of "unAmerican."

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 10:26 AM, hayden_horn said:

that's actually endearing.

and some people think that he garbage disposal is actually the garbage, which leads to clogged pipes.

some people = my wife. just throw the trash in the trash can please, thanks.

quoting myself here. i'm working on the couch, wife is cooking dinner. she's doing the pre-dinner cleanup thing, you know, straightening up things. she flicks on the disposal. it doesn't work. she goes "shit." i helpfully look over. "what did you put in there?" to which she replied "last's night's beef."

screams-internally-gif-4.gif

For everyone thinking thinking the ~* MARKETS *~ will save us or that the GND is somehow not taking seriously what the vast vast vast majority of researchers are screaming at us about really can fuck off.

Although she is ultra liberal, I do like her story and inspiration and the little people taking on the establishment.
I agree with her on some issues/ideas (see medicine costs above). But I disagree with lots. This is when she turns me off.... jesus, death caging of colored black brown or poor babies.
Pander much?

2 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Although she is ultra liberal, I do like her story and inspiration and the little people taking on the establishment.
I agree with her on some issues/ideas (see medicine costs above). But I disagree with lots. This is when she turns me off.... jesus, death caging of colored black brown or poor babies.
Pander much?

There are thousands of children in concentration camps we've set up for immigrants and multiple children have died in those camps.

On 5/15/2019 at 9:20 AM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Controlling the opposition is their wheelhouse. 

And the Dems are getting sucked into a game they can’t win. That has me worried. You don’t have to spend your time fighting this moron, he’s mostly ineffective the rest of the way. Build it up and whiff, he’s gonna win again.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez