Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

57 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And you know this because ?  Oh yeah, you don't but hey thanks for imparting your special, opinion based, wishful thinking.

The right seems pretty confident that a gun ban won't stop criminals from getting guns.  Why is it OK to build the wall but not OK to ban guns?

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

The right seems pretty confident that a gun ban won't stop criminals from getting guns.  Why is it OK to build the wall but not OK to ban guns?

I don't know that it would nor have I commented on that. Saying a wall, coupled with reform of the system won't cut down on illegal immigration is an ignorant/uninformed thing to say however.  Border agents are on record stating walls in specific locations (some that would make their job safer, and remove temptation of illegals to cross in from some pretty dangerous locations) coupled with better enforcement  of smaller/funneled points of entry will, indeed stop the bleeding of illegal immigration. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I don't know that it would nor have I commented on that. Saying a wall, coupled with reform of the system won't cut down on illegal immigration is an ignorant/uninformed thing to say however.  Border agents are on record stating walls in specific locations (some that would make their job safer, and remove temptation of illegals to cross in from some pretty dangerous locations) coupled with better enforcement  of smaller/funneled points of entry will, indeed stop the bleeding of illegal immigration. 

It won't, mainly because a wall will do nothing about visa overstays, which account for more undocumented immigrants than southern border crossings.

57 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It won't, mainly because a wall will do nothing about visa overstays, which account for more undocumented immigrants than southern border crossings.

Like I said the whole system needs an upgrade. At least with a visa we know who it is. Illegals crossing the border as  undocumented, and many times having criminal backgrounds are the problem.  

Guest Lobo
3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

So more walls at airports?  I still don't know how to get out of JFK and I fly through there all the time.  By the time I make it to the E train, damn foreigners already have an apartment and a utility bill.  

Who knew she and Trump were aligned. 

2018:

We’re taking aim at the global freeloading that forces American consumers to subsidize lower prices in foreign countries through higher prices in our country.  And I’ve seen it for years, and I never understood.  Same company, same box, same pill, made in the exact same location.  And you’ll go to some countries, and it would be 20 percent the cost of what we pay, and in some cases much less than that.”

D Trump 10/25/18

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-prescription-drug-prices/

Guest Lobo

I know they've had a very hard time growing the Coca plant in Queens.  

#thanksalothydrocarbons

Edited by Lobo

Well, Ben Carson confused a basic acronym that SHOULD be used regularly in his department with a fucking cookie and then leaned into that faux pas like it was an intentional joke.

He also thinks the pyramids were grain silos.

He also doesn’t know how congressional hearings work.

Just because people say he’s a great surgeon doesn’t preclude him from being a stone cold moron.

Let me know when AOC floats a theory that the Eiffel Tower is a giant sewing machine or confuses the bill of rights with fig newtons.

Then I’ll be happy to entertain your comparison.

Seriously, of all the people you could have chosen you literally picked the dumbest and worst one to feebly defend your weak ass point.

Are you Dr. Carson???

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Most of this whole thread has been stupid shit she has said and believes. 

And it's miniscule and highly exaggerated in comparison to any number of prominent Republicans, including but not limited to Trump, Rick Perry, and Carson.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Whaaaaaaatabbbbbooooouuut!!!!!

It's not "whataboutism".  She and everything she says is held under a microscope, and the amount of scrutiny she receives from the conservative propaganda media in particular is totally disproportionate to the scope of her errors (when she makes them) and to her general importance in Congress.  Of course, a major bit of this is just a tactical long game smear, but as in most GOP PR strategies, they pursue this particular line with her as they know it doesn't take much to convince white males in flyover states that a young Puerto Rican woman is crazy or doesn't have common sense or whatever it is.  They already believe this about all young women and Latina women; no evidence required. If she spouted even one thing as bizarre as one of Trump's crazy old man absurdities that would be embarrassing coming out of the mouth of the crazy uncle no one wants to sit next to at Thanksgiving much less the president, Fox News would explode.

2 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Most of the people here on this forum, me included, have been bagging on Carson.  Are you saying we're racists?

Are you saying we're misogynist?

Oh, and Ben Carson says some stupid stuff. My favorite is the pyramid grain storage thing.

Edited by workswithseed

1 hour ago, Dirk X West said:

It's not "whataboutism".  She and everything she says is held under a microscope, and the amount of scrutiny she receives from the conservative propaganda media in particular is totally disproportionate to the scope of her errors (when she makes them) and to her general importance in Congress.  Of course, a major bit of this is just a tactical long game smear, but as in most GOP PR strategies, they pursue this particular line with her as they know it doesn't take much to convince white males in flyover states that a young Puerto Rican woman is crazy or doesn't have common sense or whatever it is.  They already believe this about all young women and Latina women; no evidence required. If she spouted even one thing as bizarre as one of Trump's crazy old man absurdities that would be embarrassing coming out of the mouth of the crazy uncle no one wants to sit next to at Thanksgiving much less the president, Fox News would explode.

Cry me a fucking river. She craves the attention. She’s not very intelligent and she deserves to be called out on it. Just like Trump does.

• Like 4

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez