Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

13 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

This is it. This is the absolute dumbest thing ever stated by a human being.

“If you like your healthcare plan, you’ll be able to keep your healthcare plan”.  

Is there a Trump lie helping to pass one of the worst laws ever written?

Sure, Trump’s a fucking idiot. But let’s at least be honest. People are pissed off and rightfully so but that doesn’t change facts 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Revolution512 said:

“If you like your healthcare plan, you’ll be able to keep your healthcare plan”.  

Sure, Trump’s a fucking idiot. But let’s at least be honest. People are pissed off and rightfully so but that doesn’t change facts 

The tax law is much worse than the ACA. 

And if you have to keep going back to the same statement over and over and over, chances are, the previous administration was pretty straightforward with the American people.

5 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Go ahead and post up the over 11;000 (eleven thousand) lies and misleading statements Obama made in his first term. Go on, do it.  

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

The tax law is much worse than the ACA. 

And if you have to keep going back to the same statement over and over and over, chances are, the previous administration was pretty straightforward with the American people.

Riiiiiight

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Well, if the ACA was so bad, you would think it would be easy to get rid of.

Oops.

You always provide these wonderful, grown-up retorts. I guess Trump should’ve been easy to beat and even easier to get rid of? See how stupid that sounds?

24 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

That wasn’t even a lie, but sure we can count it as one. Now find another 11,000+.

Let’s fire up the buses and bring in 50,000. Do our share. 

We can start with The Auditorium and convention center. The drum can hold a lot of beds but that is simply not enough. 

DKR can field a tent city and every high school gym can help fill the void. The any vacant office buildings or apartments, that may house half??

Let them come. Grant them all asylum. Bring them straight here and do our fair share. 50k to start, I’m sure there is a stopping point. 

*and we won’t need to close those AISD schools. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

Just now, ChickenSandwich said:

We can start with The Auditirium and convention center. The drum can hold a lot of beds but that is simply not enough. 

DKR can field a tent city and every high school gym can help fill the void. The high school gyms  any vacant office buildings, that may house half??

Let them come. Grant them all asylum. Bring them straight here and do our fair share. 50k to start, I’m sure there is a stopping point. 

And the thousands more who overstay visas?

We can start with The Auditorium and convention center. The drum can hold a lot of beds but that is simply not enough. 
DKR can field a tent city and every high school gym can help fill the void. The any vacant office buildings or apartments, that may house half??

Or...and I’m just spitballin’ here...we could actually pursue a comprehensive, forward-thinking immigration policy that doesn’t do really stupid things, like cutting off funds to the nations many of these people come from, thus further destabilizing the countries...leading to more refugees.

You’re not going to find “open borders” advocates around here. Those only exist in the warped brains of trumpkins, who think that the only two options are purposeful cruelty to serve as a deterrent (by the way, GREAT plan, it’s working brilliantly, everyone stopped coming, right?) or complete open borders.

The rest of us will have an adult conversation about how to address the current situation and our broken system, we’ll leave you in your crib smearing feces all over yourself.
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not sure it's irony or just sad, but Republicans are currently more outraged that AOC called border holding facilities "concentration camps" than they are outraged at what's going on within.

What a fucking world.

Fuck you, Republicans.  Every fucking one of you.

They support a man who gives them permission to be the worst version of themselves. That's a whole lot easier than being decent.

53 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Or...and I’m just spitballin’ here...we could actually pursue a comprehensive, forward-thinking immigration policy that doesn’t do really stupid things, like cutting off funds to the nations many of these people come from, thus further destabilizing the countries...leading to more refugees.

You’re not going to find “open borders” advocates around here. Those only exist in the warped brains of trumpkins, who think that the only two options are purposeful cruelty to serve as a deterrent (by the way, GREAT plan, it’s working brilliantly, everyone stopped coming, right?) or complete open borders.

The rest of us will have an adult conversation about how to address the current situation and our broken system, we’ll leave you in your crib smearing feces all over yourself.

Point these assholes out on here and wherever the hell you meet them at in your daily life. Trumpkins do not deserve to be able to have any kind of a break. The moment they reveal their brand of idiocy they need every last thing they have supported flung right back in their face with no ability to give any kind of a retort for their completely un-American behavior. 

They have to be shamed. By supporting Dotard they have given up any moral high ground (Lol I know it never existed to begin with). They deserve to have a monkey fling shit at them around the clock for what they have done. Their time shitting on our country and the good still left that it stands for needs to come to an end. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Haha 1

I think it's also worth noting that these mouth-breathing mongoloids have no idea how far back the term concentration camp goes. Hell we used them during WWII when we interred those of Japanese descent. 
It's almost like most of the people offended by the term don't actually know what it means
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

You reveal your complete inhumanity when you make it clear that you would consider this alternative you made up in your head worse than imprisoning children in concentration camps. I’m not religious but I sure fucking hope Christians are tight so I can see you pieces of shit explain your support for imprisoning children in concentration camps at the pearly gates.

”Well you see, Saint Peter, I had to condemn them to a life of bondage and misery. Otherwise they would have gone to school with white Americans!”

Enjoy hell, asshole.

Rent control favors the affluent.
Homeless people need housing. We should give it to them.
Or we can just put them in jail, which is just housing with a mean streak.
Actually for a majority of the homeless, giving them a home is a temporary stop gap, and they end up back on the street due to addiction/mental illness. While there are definitely the homeless due to a temporary economic issue, most of them are chronically homeless due to other issues. You have to treat the underlying issue, and has been noted a lot here, our mental health system is a fucking joke.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
14 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Actually for a majority of the homeless, giving them a home is a temporary stop gap, and they end up back on the street due to addiction/mental illness. While there are definitely the homeless due to a temporary economic issue, most of them are chronically homeless due to other issues. You have to treat the underlying issue, and has been noted a lot here, our mental health system is a fucking joke.

Yep, the majority of homeless are there because of medically related issues, typically mental and related drug issues.  Giving them a home would be spending Money, and effort on something that will have little to no effect on actually changing their lives or physical condition.

21 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
14 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Where to start. It's a stop-gap that allows them to get sober and their shit together, where on earth are you getting this data that suggests housing doesn't help the "majority?" Our mental healthcare system is a joke because people like you don't want to pay taxes that would actually go into creating a much more robust social safety net.

https://www.vox.com/2014/5/30/5764096/homeless-shelter-housing-help-solutions

8 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Point these assholes out on here and wherever the hell you meet them at in your daily life. Trumpkins do not deserve to be able to have any kind of a break. The moment they reveal their brand of idiocy they need every last thing they have supported flung right back in their face with no ability to give any kind of a retort for their completely un-American behavior. 

They have to be shamed. By supporting Dotard they have given up any moral high ground (Lol I know it never existed to begin with). They deserve to have a monkey fling shit at them around the clock for what they have done. Their time shitting on our country and the good still left that it stands for needs to come to an end. 

Yes!!! I agree with you that we should put them all in concentration camps!!! 

3 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Where to start. It's a stop-gap that allows them to get sober and their shit together, where on earth are you getting this data that suggests housing doesn't help the "majority?" Our mental healthcare system is a joke because people like you don't want to pay taxes that would actually go into creating a much more robust social safety net.

https://www.vox.com/2014/5/30/5764096/homeless-shelter-housing-help-solutions

You know absolutely NOTHING about me.  In many cases, rather than actually having a discourse, this board reflects more and more the general bullshit in this country.  Stop with the personal attacks and ACTUALLY talk about the issues.

Our mental healthcare system is a joke because of a multitude of reasons, but blaming it on "people like me" is bullshit and lazy.  On taxes, I do believe that EVERYONE should pay their fair share.  I also believe that the govt is NOT the solution for a lot of this, and private charity and donation, especially in local communities, may be better than some shitty bureaucrat in Washington who has zero clue about local issues.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

You know absolutely NOTHING about me.  In many cases, rather than actually having a discourse, this board reflects more and more the general bullshit in this country.  Stop with the personal attacks and ACTUALLY talk about the issues.

Our mental healthcare system is a joke because of a multitude of reasons, but blaming it on "people like me" is bullshit and lazy.  On taxes, I do believe that EVERYONE should pay their fair share.  I also believe that the govt is NOT the solution for a lot of this, and private charity and donation, especially in local communities, may be better than some shitty bureaucrat in Washington who has zero clue about local issues.  

Up against the wall Centrist!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Our mental healthcare system is a joke because of a multitude of reasons, but blaming it on "people like me" is bullshit and lazy.  On taxes, I do believe that EVERYONE should pay their fair share. 

Cool, so are you voting for candidates that say they will be able to tackle the mental health issue in this country by ensuring everyone pays their "fair share?"

10 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I also believe that the govt is NOT the solution for a lot of this, and private charity and donation, especially in local communities, may be better than some shitty bureaucrat in Washington who has zero clue about local issues.  

Oh I see, you're just doing the disingenuous bullshit of the MARKETS will fix this and so will charity? Please tell me about what I do as well, married to a social worker and we've lived in both Austin and the Atlanta areas. These issues are not just "local" they're a fundamental problem where there is no where near enough resources funded by a wealthy tax base to ensure that addicts/homeless/and those suffering from severe mental health issues are supported. Charities and non-profits aren't helping anywhere near enough.

Edited by GSU&UT

16 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Well said Penelope. The personal insult game is funny at times, but here it's just the typical I'm right you're an asshole BS.  

Our mental health system sucks beyond belief.  Charities and local authorities certainly could, and should play a role, but it is a national issue, and requires a national plan of  assistance.  

Giving homes to people who've shown no prior ability to manage a home, let alone their lives is not giving them stop gap assistance.  It's just one more thing in their obviously troubled lives they have to manage.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Cool, so are you voting for candidates that say they will be able to tackle the mental health issue in this country by ensuring everyone pays their "fair share?"

If part of their solution is giving these folks homes hell no I wouldn't vote for them, it's the wrong answer.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

If part of their solution is giving these folks homes hell no I wouldn't vote for them, it's the wrong answer.

The solutions are going to be different based on disease state and location. Home and community-based care are absolutely the answers.  That doesn't mean that we give people homes.  It means that we need to go where they are to engage and deliver mental health care.  And that care will look very different if they are a schizophrenic versus an alcoholic versus someone with a dual diagnosis.  And it will look fairly different for somebody in San Francisco versus somebody in Midland. DC can play a certain role I guess, but community driven and tailored programs would be far superior. There are good models already out there, we just need to make a commitment to them.  But we don't because stigma of mental illness is strong.  I don't see a compelling reason that DC bureaucracy has to be involved, unless it's just because we need to use magic money to fund the whole thing.  

11 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Charities and non-profits aren't helping anywhere near enough.

Thanks a lot Beto. 

20 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Oh I see, you're just doing the disingenuous bullshit of the MARKETS will fix this and so will charity? Please tell me about what I do as well, married to a social worker and we've lived in both Austin and the Atlanta areas. These issues are not just "local" they're a fundamental problem where there is no where near enough resources funded by a wealthy tax base to ensure that addicts/homeless/and those suffering from severe mental health issues are supported. Charities and non-profits aren't helping anywhere near enough.

Actually, homelessness and even mental health is very much a local problem.  While there are common threads amongst all the populations, the homeless population in NYC is different than that in Houston, Austin, or San Francisco.  The fact is that what is causing this homelessness in one of those metro areas is going to be different than in another.  I know in Houston, we have a lot of homeless vets.  That means that there are different issues at play there than with some of the other homeless populations.  Yes, a lot of it is mental health related, but PTSD is a bit different than being bi-polar or having a multiple personality disorder.  

Notice, I did not say that charity could fix it all, but I absolutely do believe it has a large role to play here, even if that is by applying for community grants from the government to administer programs.  I do not beleive that the federal government is equipped to address this.  This is, if it falls to government, a state and local problem.  

FYI, you went assuming things again.  Might need to stop that.

• Like 2

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez