Breckyn Hager thread of insanity and hair dominance

Machinator

He was clearly playing hurt with a shoulder injury all night and yet he was the only player on Defense that I felt like actually gave a shit including the coaching staff.  The end of the game may have been bush league, but throughout the game I felt like he was on the only one on the defensive side of the ball that even cared.

16 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

He was clearly playing hurt with a shoulder injury all night and yet he was the only player on Defense that I felt like actually gave a shit including the coaching staff.  The end of the game may have been bush league, but throughout the game I felt like he was on the only one on the defensive side of the ball that even cared.

Running around like a chicken with your head cut off does not equate to him caring the most or being the only one who cared, which is completely false.

• Like 4

I think Hager has had some value to the team as a player with heart who finally bought in. However, I can't say that I'll be sad to see him graduate and be replaced. He's a player you love on a bad team, and a player that you worry about on a good team.

Best of luck to him.

• Like 5

I think Hager has had some value to the team as a player with heart who finally bought in. However, I can't say that I'll be sad to see him graduate and be replaced. He's a player you love on a bad team, and a player that you worry about on a good team.

Best of luck to him.

Decent description. I get less mad at him than I did Gideon but if the roles were reversed I can see my reaction doing the same.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Running around like a chicken with your head cut off does not equate to him caring the most or being the only one who cared, which is completely false.

Well I'm sure other players cared, but Hager was the one I noticed through his play on the field minus they last few minutes.  He did miss some tackles but it was obvious he was struggling to tackle because he had some sort of shoulder or arm injury.  I'm just saying I like the fire I saw out of him throughout the game.  I did not see that from anybody in the secondary.  They all looked scared and unprepared for this game. 

6 hours ago, chemHORN said:

Well I'm sure other players cared, but Hager was the one I noticed through his play on the field minus they last few minutes.  He did miss some tackles but it was obvious he was struggling to tackle because he had some sort of shoulder or arm injury.  I'm just saying I like the fire I saw out of him throughout the game.  I did not see that from anybody in the secondary.  They all looked scared and unprepared for this game. 

He ran by a ball carrier and tried to grab him with his right hand and jacked his shoulder up

I'm a sappy, homer of a fan. The only player I remember begrudging is Killebrew.

A player that I love and remember is Tyson King. Our defenses weren't very good and he wouldn't see the field on this year's team, but he played hard and his only failings were those of physical talent. Every year he showed up on the first game roster as a starter.

His senior year he said something like, "Every year they bring somebody in to replace me, but I'm still here." 

No drama. No cockiness. Just a tough football player. I like that. I'm old school that way.

I think Hager's head has been turned by the attention, and he's something of a nut already. No hard feelings, it's just time to move on.

10 hours ago, chemHORN said:

I cannot believe there are people like this fucking  guy. 

9 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Best of luck to him.

He literally has no value to this team now. He is only a detriment to it. 

I would also argue that he has never had value to any of the 4 teams. 

Hager almost had a Sportscenter Not Top 10 moment where he though he had sacked OSU QB and was celebrating but the QB had ducked under the sack. Luckily Omenihu was there to clean up, but Hager actually hadn't finished the play.

He reminds me of my 9 year old. Fast to the ball but undisciplined when he gets there.

10 hours ago, hookem48 said:

He ran by a ball carrier and tried to grab him with his right hand and jacked his shoulder up

There haven't been many Texas players that have spent as much time in the backfield as Hager (including offensive players.lol)

It's almost as if he materializes out of knowwhere. Many of times he's gotten the deer in the headlights look from both the QB and RB as an unexpected third wheel in on the ball exchange.

Two options to choose from. QB or RB with a 50% chance of getting it right. This is a choice he gets wrong 100% of the time.

It's even worse when it's only him and a running back 5 yards behind the line.  You can see the holy shit batman, I'm so fucked...  Look of panic in the runners eyes, but before he can even begin to weigh his options netween trying hold on to the ball as the lights go out or ever walking again, hager runs right past them like a crazed lunatic. 

That's when you see his light go on (recognized by two beams of light coming from his earholes like a lighthouse on a black night... You can clearly see his thougjts as he runs past only other person back there with him... 

I wonder if that who I was supposed tackle... 9 out of 10, he is always having to reach back or to circle back because he either stormed past or wiffed on the tackle due to running himself out of position so he has to adjust at full speed and dive sideways.  Very seldom does he get juked. RBs susually don't have the time even if they wanted to.  But it doesn't matter because he's already shot past the play either way.

If he had the ability to track the ball from the snap, Texas would probably have the number one run defense with -1,000 yatds given up, 8 dead running backs, 7 dead qbs and 1 dead midget ewok wanna be.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Wow, some of you are buying the Willis Reed I’m hurt watch me explode for 49 routine? 

I don’t buy having a legitimate shoulder issue as a defensive guy unless there is a lot of chemistry involved. And even then few can take that level of pain. Hager doesn’t strike me as that type of individual.

Wow, some of you are buying the Willis Reed I’m hurt watch me explode for 49 routine? 
I don’t buy having a legitimate shoulder issue as a defensive guy unless there is a lot of chemistry involved. And even then few can take that level of pain. Hager doesn’t strike me as that type of individual.

I don’t know if he has that pain tolerance or not. But you can do a lot of shit on adrenaline.

Well finally was able to create my account (gd spam folder).   Lurked a while but this thread pissed me off enough to actually post something.  I rewatched the game this morning after everyone was bitching about BH.  Guess who the leading solo tackler was last night?   Guess who had 2 tfl?   Defensive leaders were Gary Johnson and BH.  Bunch of dumb mfers on here.   Lots of bad play to bitch about but this dude sold out last night.  

52 minutes ago, drifter379 said:

Take away 1/2 of his heart and desire to be great and replace it with football IQ and he could have been one of the greatest ever.
The next time he follows the ball in the back field will be the first.

Disagreed. You need some ability mixed in there somewhere, and he has none. 

9 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

Well finally was able to create my account (gd spam folder).   Lurked a while but this thread pissed me off enough to actually post something.  I rewatched the game this morning after everyone was bitching about BH.  Guess who the leading solo tackler was last night?   Guess who had 2 tfl?   Defensive leaders were Gary Johnson and BH.  Bunch of dumb mfers on here.   Lots of bad play to bitch about but this dude sold out last night.  

damnit Breckyn, quit rushing with your eyes closed you dumbass

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

MindlessBrokenBarbet-small.gif

6e5169728e985240f895e3295cf1af92.gif

23 minutes ago, Knighthawk said:

I’d neg this post but I’m afraid the poster would attack me wildly before running past me aimlessly, and I just don’t wanna deal with uninteresting weirdos. 

23 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

MindlessBrokenBarbet-small.gif

He sold himself out several times last night... Right out of play.

Leading tackler in last night's shit show isn't anything to hang a hat on.

If he would hit somebody... Anybody... He could be incredible.  But he charges like a bull, a blind bull 

oops quoted wrong post.  It was meant for the one you quoted.

Edited by Gaffords

Dude needs to cut his hair and STFU. If he had some 1st, 2nd rounder NFL potential-then fine-act like a Clay Matthews clone and do your thing. 

But it's become cringe-worthy on account of how many times he's flown into the backfield, maybe got a loose grip of a jersey, and the ball carrier goes on his way unless there's somebody (Charles) to clean things up? 

Act like a mad man after making the big play, but you can't call yourself the "Prophet" when you're not a national statistical leader in any category. 

He kind of reminds me of Robert Killebrew in that he will make a play every now and then but it seems like for every play he makes there's a play he is just a step late to and then there is usually a bonehead penalty thrown in per game as a bonus. 

I'm not sure we have a much better option right now, and I could be off base, but that's my mental image of him.

12 hours ago, stork642 said:

Watched the reply tonight and there's one play where Hagar is pointing to the Texas sideline celebrating the previous play and isn't even lined up for the next play.  He seems like he is in his own little world.   

Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to also recall a play where he gets a piece of the ball carrier (or QB) in the backfield and starts celebrating with his back to the ball, and the carrier wasn't even down yet [luckily, someone cleaned up].

14 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

What’s amazing is that he usually doesn’t even get a hard pop in on the guy he incorrectly guessed had the ball.  He runs in between the QB and RB and picks one (often the wrong one) to flail an arm at as he runs past them.  

Regardless of which guy is his responsibility on the play, I would think breaking down and actually getting in a position to tackle that guy would be part of his responsibility instead of just diving past him like a madman.

So if he is so bad, his replacements must really really be bad.  I don’t think so.  I am not trying to be some internet coach as I realize I don’t have the everyday practice view.  In my opinion though, we have better athletes riding the bench for some reason.  Coaches decision.

27 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to also recall a play where he gets a piece of the ball carrier (or QB) in the backfield and starts celebrating with his back to the ball, and the carrier wasn't even down yet [luckily, someone cleaned up].

Yep. When he whiffed the sack of Cornelius that Omenihu cleaned up.

• Like 1

So if he is so bad, his replacements must really really be bad.  I don’t think so.  I am not trying to be some internet coach as I realize I don’t have the everyday practice view.  In my opinion though, we have better athletes riding the bench for some reason.  Coaches decision.

People here have assured me that coaches allows out their best out there.

3 hours ago, ruitxn said:

Go look at taybo's thread. Our second-team DL was getting pushed around by Okie-fucking-lite.

On 10/29/2018 at 11:25 AM, OU Sucks said:

It's almost as if he is playing in a total fog.  I love Hagar but there is something not right with him right now.  

• Machinator changed the title to Breckyn Hager thread of insanity and hair dominance