Breckyn Hager thread of insanity and hair dominance

Machinator

1 hour ago, oSuJeff97 said:

So you guys realize, of course, that you would hate the shit out of this guy if he played for anybody but Texas, right?  :)

I disagree. I liked a lot of hair bands and Hager is so fucking metal.

but....if he was some coach that screamed his age at a press conference and grew out a sick mullet, I may not like him as much.

On 7/25/2018 at 3:46 PM, oSuJeff97 said:

So you guys realize, of course, that you would hate the shit out of this guy if he played for anybody but Texas, right?  :)

Only if he played for ou or aggy.

But he's not a felon or a barnyard rapist.  So he's got that going for him.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:09 AM, Tony Soprano said:

Britt Hager was a stud. Not very big but he was a tackling machine. Hagy was a good player too. He was crazy off the field from what I heard.

Hagy had one of the better quotes regarding his dislike of aggy.  It went something like, "My neighbors (in SA) are Aggies.  They're weird.  Their kids are weird."  Simple, and to the point.

• Like 2

On 7/25/2018 at 3:46 PM, oSuJeff97 said:

Nope. He’s a high motor football player and decent human being. 

The next time he doesn’t bite on a play fake will likely be the first in his career, but he’ll destroy some poor bastard carrying out the fake and then go chase down the play from behind like an angry hair missile. And I admire that. Contain failure and all. 

I used to see Britt Hager all around west campus and various watering holes back in the day, to the point of being nodding acquaintances.  I never saw him without the fu manchu, I don't believe:

By6p4OaIUAA3vl0.png

His somewhat psychotic appearance was usually enhanced by the presence of Jon Hagy within spitting distance.

I never saw him looking as pretty as that AA photo above, where he's giving Jeff Ward a run for his money.

He and his girlfriend - soon to be his wife (who was smoking) - use to ride the IF bus. He was glorious with the mullet and fu. No homo.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2018 at 9:00 PM, TexasBeta said:

He and his girlfriend - soon to be his wife (who was smoking) - use to ride the IF bus. He was glorious with the mullet and fu. No homo.

Yeah she was throwing heat (and still is apparently).  I remember seeing some dumb drunk college kids hitting on that without realizing what might happen if they got a little overzealous.  They figured it out pretty quickly. 

And twicehorn is correct, I don't think I saw Hager out without Hagy around.  Hagy was as crazy as everyone recalls, but i still can't think of him without picturing that cheesy recruiting video set to "nothings gonna stop us now".  I'm at work with no access to youtube but look it up if you want a good laugh and an explanation of why our recruiting absolutely sucked in the late 80's. 

I can just picture Bill Little and the rest of the old farts coming up with that idea-Geriatric Staffer #1- hey. we're losing recruits from the metro areas to Miami and OU, any ideas?  Geriatric Staffer #2-How about a music video, I heard the kids love those things now.

• Like 1

There was a legend that Brian Bosworth was hitting on Hager’s girlfriend at South Padre one spring break when Britt wasn’t there. Bosworth was provided Britt’s phone number and encouraged to call him, which he did. He was long gone when Britt arrived. 

Hagy on the other hand was king of the sucker punch, even though he would have won most fair fights

3 hours ago, Not a cat said:

Yeah she was throwing heat (and still is apparently).  I remember seeing some dumb drunk college kids hitting on that without realizing what might happen if they got a little overzealous.  They figured it out pretty quickly. 

And twicehorn is correct, I don't think I saw Hager out without Hagy around.  Hagy was as crazy as everyone recalls, but i still can't think of him without picturing that cheesy recruiting video set to "nothings gonna stop us now".  I'm at work with no access to youtube but look it up if you want a good laugh and an explanation of why our recruiting absolutely sucked in the late 80's

I can just picture Bill Little and the rest of the old farts coming up with that idea-Geriatric Staffer #1- hey. we're losing recruits from the metro areas to Miami and OU, any ideas?  Geriatric Staffer #2-How about a music video, I heard the kids love those things now.

That was far more to do with SMU and aggy's TV and bowl bans killing the conference. It was a big deal to be on TV in that era. It was nothing like today where every game is televised.  Recruits picking schools based on TV coverage was common back then.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

• 2 weeks later...
  • Machinator changed the title to Breckyn Hager thread of insanity and hair dominance