Breckyn Hager thread of insanity and hair dominance

Machinator

Given a certain amount of friction between his Dad and Mack, and MensaTom's close ties to Mack, it's not too difficult to understand the extent of the gulf between Herman and Hager that had to be bridged.

And... it will be interesting to see what kind if impact our next Legacy makes - I'm expecting some noise, even from a PWO.

3 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Given a certain amount of friction between his Dad and Mack, and MensaTom's close ties to Mack, it's not too difficult to understand the extent of the gulf between Herman and Hager that had to be bridged.

And... it will be interesting to see what kind if impact our next Legacy makes - I'm expecting some noise, even from a PWO.

'Splain

I used to see Britt Hager all around west campus and various watering holes back in the day, to the point of being nodding acquaintances.  I never saw him without the fu manchu, I don't believe:

By6p4OaIUAA3vl0.png

His somewhat psychotic appearance was usually enhanced by the presence of Jon Hagy within spitting distance.

I never saw him looking as pretty as that AA photo above, where he's giving Jeff Ward a run for his money.

Edited by TwiceHorn

4 hours ago, Tony Soprano said:

Britt Hager was a stud. Not very big but he was a tackling machine. Hagy was a good player too. He was crazy off the field from what I heard.

He was actually a quiet, pretty nice, low-key guy despite his size (he wasn't that tall, but there was no mistaking he was a football player).  And yeah, Hagy was pretty psycho, very unpredictable and quick to fight people when drunk, which was often.  Didn't really fit together, as Hager was a bit of a redneck or country boy and Hagy wasn't, but they were pretty inseparable.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tony Soprano said:

Britt Hager was a stud. Not very big but he was a tackling machine.

Yeah, and we gave him credit for tackles when he was anywhere near them, too.

Not that he wasn't a tackling machine, but that total his last year was comical.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oSuJeff97 said:

So you guys realize, of course, that you would hate the shit out of this guy if he played for anybody but Texas, right?  :)

Only if he played for a team that I hate. If he were playing for Florida, or Michigan, or a half dozen other teams we never play, I'd still think he was the bee's knees. If he played for OU, though, of course I'd hate him. I wouldn't mind watching a player like this for oSu or Iowa State, though, because I like those two programs. And there are nowhere near enough original characters in football, so he fills a need.

• Like 1

• Machinator changed the title to Breckyn Hager thread of insanity and hair dominance