Breckyn Hager thread of insanity and hair dominance

Machinator

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Hager is a strange Dude that was not meant to play DL on a 3-Man front.

Decent end rusher on 3rd downs.... Doubtful he plays NFL, maybe he plays in Canadian Football League.

Hope he adjusts ok to life after football....

Hager isn't going to play pro football, at any level.  Not even a discussion. 

Football may be the last thing the guy needs to focus on.  If help is needed, hopefully someone will get it for him. 

9 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Hager isn't going to play pro football, at any level.  Not even a discussion. 

Football may be the last thing the guy needs to focus on.  If help is needed, hopefully someone will get it for him. 

^^^^THIS

He might have a shot at the WWE or something...maybe.

My opinion is any criticism is allowed related to football. Nothing is allowed about the family or the kids personal life. That becomes part of a conversation of a professional, and Hager is not that.

Im also old school about antics. They are fun only when everything is going good. But, they tend to come back to haunt you if they don’t. Most of what we see today is the results of modern technology that allows things to be seen and heard by more people then at any other time in history in real time. And the consequences can be far more harsher. 

The referees too were aware of his actions and what he said prior to the game. You don’t think that those comments could of had even a little bit of influence of them deciding to keep their flags in their pockets?

People are people, they don’t always behave in the way you think they will. Or say they will. We all have our bias, our feelings and our own issues. We spend a lot of time only showing others what we want them to see.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

My opinion is any criticism is allowed related to football. Nothing is allowed about the family or the kids personal life. That becomes part of a conversation of a professional, and Hager is not that.

Im also old school about antics. They are fun only when everything is going good. But, they tend to come back to haunt you if they don’t. Most of what we see today is the results of modern technology that allows things to be seen and heard by more people then at any other time in history in real time. And the consequences can be far more harsher. 

The referees too were aware of his actions and what he said prior to the game. You don’t think that those comments could of had even a little bit of influence of them deciding to keep their flags in their pockets?

People are people, they don’t always behave in the way you think they will. Or say they will. We all have our bias, our feelings and our own issues. We spend a lot of time only showing others what we want them to see.

I can't say I disagree with anything here.  Yes, I was pissed and ranted on him when I shouldn't have, and for that I am sorry.   Being old school too many times allows me to get really pissed at the over the top antics of some "youngsters" these days.   Your mention of actions and consequences ring so true.  Everybody these days think they can say anything online, on the air, or on the street and get a pass on it.  Folks, those days are gone.   Too many huge egos, and b.s. attitudes to let things slide these days.

When a person goes waaaay over the top with their mouth or antics, they are painting a huge bullseye on there back, and when they do that, they better be damn sure they can walk the walk, along with talking the talk because someones going to be aiming at the bullseye and they better be badass enough to be bullet proof (figuratively of course)   After watching the video earlier of the abuse Hager absorbed at the hands of blowu, there is no doubt that they had an agenda to punish him for his antics.   As bad as I hate to say it, the officials apparently knew this and allowed it.  Yes, ousux has always been dirty, but these seemed to go to another level as far as what I've seen.

13 hours ago, taybo20 said:

It was. He was getting rag dolled

A guy that’s probably 6-2, 250 got mauled by a big, physical OL? Who could have seen that coming? Hopefully we aren’t playing Hager at 4i on running downs against Georgia. I also don’t get the Hager hate. He’s a decent starter but people seem to shit on him for not being the superstar they hoped for.

• Like 5

Just now, Bevo VIII said:

Is it unreasonable to expect more production for a guy playing opposite of the big 12 defensive linemen of the year?

It’s been discussed a million times, but Orlando’s defense isn’t set up for the DL to put up big stats. There’s also the fact that Hager’s playing the 4i tech at 6-2 250ish and he dislocated his elbow a few weeks ago.

2 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

Is it unreasonable to expect more production for a guy playing opposite of the big 12 defensive linemen of the year?

Maybe. As Schulz alludes to above, Hager gives up 50+ pounds to all of OU's OL starters, and 80+ pounds to Cody Ford in particular. What do you think a wrestling match between those guys and Hager should look like? How is that Hager's fault? 

Just now, Bevo VIII said:

I’ve made 3 post on this so kindly go fuck your self dude who made more than a dozen post about Urquidez.

I share what I know about players. You whine like a bitch. One is a contribution to the board and the other isn't.

Don't be a piece of shit. I know that will be a struggle for you.

• Fuck You 1

14 hours ago, Helobious said:

OU lineman are all some dirty playing fuckers. But I also think they were making it a point to rough up Hager for running his mouth about them so much. Still doesn't make those cheapshots at him ok. 

I think all good O-linemen are a little dirty.  You have to be.  It is probably the toughest position to play on the field.  You absolutely have to have a real mean streak to play that position effectively.  I didn't see any "cheap" shots in that video, but man if you are playing an NFL caliber O-lineman, you better a) keep your head on a swivel and b) go hard to the whistle and then maybe a second beyond.  Hell, go watch any all-district 6A HS lineman in the state and you will see very similar things.  They are just nasty.

Edited by blackflag
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

A guy that’s probably 6-2, 250 got mauled by a big, physical OL? Who could have seen that coming? Hopefully we aren’t playing Hager at 4i on running downs against Georgia. I also don’t get the Hager hate. He’s a decent starter but people seem to shit on him for not being the superstar they hoped for.

Whoa, I'm not shitting on him. I think he plays to the best of his ability, and I admire his passion. I don’t think we will play him at 4i against uga. Not sure what your deal is, but your anger at me is not warranted.

Edited by taybo20

45 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

Whoa, I'm not shitting on him. I think he plays to the best of his ability, and I admire his passion. I don’t think we will play him at 4i against uga. Not sure what your deal is, but your anger at me is not warranted.

Not angry at you or calling you out in particular. I’m more talking about the board in general. 

1 hour ago, blackflag said:

I think all good O-linemen are a little dirty.  You have to be.  It is probably the toughest position to play on the field.  You absolutely have to have a real mean streak to play that position effectively.  I didn't see any "cheap" shots in that video, but man if you are playing an NFL caliber O-lineman, you better a) keep your head on a swivel and b) go hard to the whistle and then maybe a second beyond.  Hell, go watch any all-district 6A HS lineman in the state and you will see very similar things.  They are just nasty.

All of this.  Any college team would take OU’s ‘nasty’ Oline.  Legit roadgraders.  

Hey guys, I wrestled for two years in high school. I'm a man (40) and I've got excellent fundamentals and leverage. I'll go talk to Hager and teach him fundamentals and leverage and all this shit will be fixed. I'm on it. Not need to worry anymore now that Hager will understand the concepts of fundamentals and leverage.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FloridaHorn said:

Have you watched the Georgia run game this year? They have tremendous players at every position, they scheme really well, and they two future NFL players carrying the ball for them.

That doesn't answer my question about their O-line.

And the only offense I would take over Oklahoma's is Alabama's. Georgia is talented, no doubt.

10 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Georgia's Oline makes OU's look like a bunch of pussies. Our defense has not seen a rushing attack like theirs all year. Biggest concern heading into the game, IMHO.

LOL, ok.  I don't see anyone ranking Georgia's Oline above OU's...but that's a cool story, bro. 

17 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Have you watched the Georgia run game this year? They have tremendous players at every position, they scheme really well, and they two future NFL players carrying the ball for them.

15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

That doesn't answer my question about their O-line.

And the only offense I would take over Oklahoma's is Alabama's. Georgia is talented, no doubt.

We're waiting FLhorn.  Nice plug about their RB's, though.  OU's first round back has been injured all year - and likely fell out of the first round...anyways, what makes you think GA oline is better than OU's?  I have not seen anyone say that.  

I believe OU has 3 guys that are grading out as first rounders right now.  GA has one that I see, I'll look at their other guys... this is if we are just going by actual prospects but the line play through the year, OU has been called the top line more often than not.  The Joe Moore award can settle it - both teams are finalists.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
NFL prospects

Folks, OUs line has 3 legit first rounders and 5 projected NFL players.  They average 320 across the line, which includes a RS Freshman at center, arguably the toughest position on the line.  They are playing their 5th back on the depth chart (Brooks) after losing 3 for the season (Anderson, Sutton, Pleger) and another for a good chunk of the season (Sermon.)  Despite this, they still run the ball better than most teams in the country.  That is on the O-line. 

I've seen Georgia.  Georgia will not present the problems up front that  OU did.  I am encouraged that we really limited their run game and I think we can do the same to Georgia.  Fromm, IMO, is not as accurate as Murray, certainly is not the run threat, and doesn't have the targets Murray has.  We can absolutely compete with them when we are on defense.

Now, our offense may be challenged against their D, but I think we can win this game.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

I’ve heard the explanation of how Orlando wants mobile disruptive guys on the 3 man DL, but this is a pretty textbook example of why traditional 3 down lineman schemes have a nose guard and two other big ass dudes that are more like 3 technique DTs than edge rushers.  I think guys with Hager’s size need to stay at B-Backer exclusively in Orlando’s scheme, and we need to get bigger guys up front. 

He’s got a good first step so he’s decent at slanting. The problem is that Wheeler/Johnson aren’t particularly good at defending the run when we slant the DL. They’re much better when the DL occupies blockers. Hager isn’t great at holding up blockers because he’s too small.

14 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

He’s got a good first step so he’s decent at slanting. The problem is that Wheeler/Johnson aren’t particularly good at defending the run when we slant the DL. They’re much better when the DL occupies blockers. Hager isn’t great at holding up blockers because he’s too small.

Which is weird, since when a slant or any stunt is on, specific gaps are occupied/accounted for.  Which for the LB's means they should flowing quick, directly to a spot, while eating up bodies on the OL keeps them clean, it also requires them to read and react.  They should play "faster" with stunts on than with them off.

I think we stunt against Georgia often, in an effort to create negative plays and make them throw to beat us.

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

That's what it looks like. 

That or - considering he's brandishing a huge knife in the next picture - he could have grabbed his hair and tried to cut it from the inside out. If you were dumb enough to do that and the knife slipped seems like it would make basically that exact cut. 

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

We're waiting FLhorn.  Nice plug about their RB's, though.  OU's first round back has been injured all year - and likely fell out of the first round...anyways, what makes you think GA oline is better than OU's?  I have not seen anyone say that.  

I believe OU has 3 guys that are grading out as first rounders right now.  GA has one that I see, I'll look at their other guys... this is if we are just going by actual prospects but the line play through the year, OU has been called the top line more often than not.  The Joe Moore award can settle it - both teams are finalists.  

Sorry to keep you waiting. Maybe my original tone was too harsh, as OU has a lot of talent on the online, no doubt. However, Georgia is a much more power run type offense and they have ran the ball with tremendous success against just about everyone this year, including Alabama. When i said scheme, I was speaking specifically about their blocking schemes and run play design. Deandre Swift and Elijah Hollifield are both better backs than what OU has had, post Rodney anderson. I stand by my original point that this will be the stiffest year our front seven has seen this season. 

4 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

At what point do fundamentals and leverage not matter though? It’s almost like watching 5* play in 2a. The size and strength is enough that it doesn’t matter as long as he can grab you.

your arguments about size and strength don’t change the fact that he isn’t that good.  many, many 6’2”  250# guys have held their own on the defensive line for many different teams over many years.  hager is not terrible but he got rag-dolled because he was an average player going against better players.  hell, he’d probably be a fan favorite if he were a humble kid but he runs his mouth and acts like a jackass all the time which only works if you’re really talented.

2 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

Georgia's Oline makes OU's look like a bunch of pussies. Our defense has not seen a rushing attack like theirs all year. Biggest concern heading into the game, IMHO.

this is wrong. 

• Machinator changed the title to Breckyn Hager thread of insanity and hair dominance