Product endorsement thread

I just had an amazing experience with hunter Douglas window covering people.

My girlfriend’s mother bought a house five years ago with Hunter Douglas blinds.

She lives in Florida where it’s hotter than shit and sunny.

I have no idea how old the blinds are but they are in good condition except a few of the lowering/raising cords have broken.

Also, a couple of the blinds in the bathroom are battery operated, And the battery packs have corroded and rusted to the point where they are unusable.

She asked me to look at them, so I called Hunter Douglas and asked about getting replacement parts.

Not only do they still have the parts, but they’re sending them out at no charge. I have no idea how old these blinds are but I’m certain that they’ve been out of warranty for years. The Hunter Douglas people say “no problem, we stand behind our products for life”.

Pretty fucking impressive if you ask me.

• Like 2

I had a Vizio tv crap out two weeks out of warranty and Costco got a tech to come replace the main board. For free. For a 37” tv.

BIL dropped an old iPod in a puddle and Costco credited him the full price towards a new one.

Buying electronics at Costco is pretty cool.

Started a thread on Shag 1.0 about this item:

free-ship-pro-grip.jpg

I still stand behind it 100% & it has saved me an incredible amount of effort & time.

That said, this pic came from the thread I had on Shag & I noticed my status is "Banned" while a bunch of you are coming up as the old saw of "Asshat".  ??

Not a product but a service.

Austin Bin Wash.

They have a truck that comes around and cleans out your trash cans. I had mine cleaned for the first time today and those fuckers went from being crusty and smelling like the panties of a Vic Mackey target to looking and smelling like brand new bins.

I have to recommend Sara Electronics in Houston. I bought a pioneer Kuro from them over 10 years ago and had a really good experience. But recently needed to get another TV and decided to call them and they beat the best price I could find from a legit online store by a couple hundred bucks, and they came out, moved one TV, set up the new TV, cleaned up all the wires to the various shit and installed everything properly for a very reasonable price. Very friendly and they spent the better part of the day doing everything.

Was definitely skeptical when I called them because they wanted to come out and see where the TVs were going, what I needed done with all the gaming shit and wires. I figured it would be kind of a BS hard sell type deal and they wouldn't be able to beat the price and just upsell the install. But they did great work at a great price. John Michael was the sales guy I dealt with.

Definitely worth the call if you're in the market for a TV and want it delivered and installed, etc.