2018 Texas HS Football

Equinox

7 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

What did he say this time?

Did he say "The Cat in the Hat Coach Ken Purcell the guy who has more State championship rings* than he has fingers" again? 

* none as a head coach.  This counts titles won by Ryan and Guyer in football, and who knows what all other sports within Denton ISD, and one as an assistant at Plano 

Edited by Dennis Taylor

14 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’m tuning in late, but have they mentioned what the deal is with the stupid piece of orange tape on Malakoff’s helmets?

Karen Adams — the younger sister of senior tight end/defensive end Caleb Adams — died of cancer at the age of 15. Michael Voyles — one of Malakoff’s biggest fans — died in a vehicle crash on his way back from Malakoff’s district win at Dallas Madison on Oct. 26. Kenneth Hayes — the grandfather of senior offensive lineman/defensive end Kyler Dalrymple — died in early November.

The Tigers have placed a turquoise 'K' on their helmet for Karen, a black and white 'MV' on their helmet for Voyles and orange tape on their helmet for Hayes.

“All of that happened in about a span of two weeks in the middle of district,” Malakoff head coach Jamie Driskell said. “It puts things in perspective. We got that put on our helmets to let people know that they are with us.”

“We’ve had a lot of adversity, but I think every little piece of adversity we’ve faced has made us want it more,” senior tight end/defensive end Parker Busch said.

I wonder if Frenship regrets running off Brad Davis, 2nd generation coach of the Tigers, now at Grandview.

He's their own little version of Leach, without the electrical shed, of course.

17 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
2 hours ago, futureman said:
HP would crush them with their B team. 

You also said there was no way John Tyler could keep it close with HP...

well I’m always serious when I post and you’re pretty much the smartest guy here so I’m glad we understand each other. 

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

What's the story there?

His daddy coached there.  he coached successfully at Frenship too.

New admin regime ran him off.

Now Frenship sucks.  Grandview in State Finals.   You decide.

3 minutes ago, slorch said:

His daddy coached there.  he coached successfully at Frenship too.

New admin regime ran him off.

Now Frenship sucks.  Grandview in State Finals.   You decide.

Holy shit...

Davis coached at Frenship High School in Wolfforth for 31 years, including the past 11 years as head football coach and athletic director where he led the Tigers to 110 wins and eight district titles.

With Davis as head coach, Frenship appeared in the state quarterfinals three times and the state semifinals once. Only three times under Davis' leadership in 11 years did the Tigers not win at least one playoff game.

And Frenship went 0-10 the year after he left.  

25 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Holy shit...

And Frenship went 0-10 the year after he left.  

Yeah...

I played under Brad when he was an OC, and his dad was HC. Both younger brothers played under Brad as HC.

Frenship grew too big, Brad wanted to be both AD and HC, new regime said no, need a dedicated AD. Brad left. Now, this also coincided with a huge growth shift in the Lubbock Cooper district as well, and most of the good athletes in Lubbock were no longer at Frenship. 

Had Brad stayed, they would not have gone 0’fer, but they would not have had the deep runs he was used too. Brad still has a chip about the whole deal, but it probably turned out better for him in the long run.