Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Twitter apology is the equivalent of breaking up via text. Spineless 

breaking up via text is such chicken shit......everyone knows you call her office phone at night or on a weekend and leave a voicemail. So much more personal and you owe them at least that much. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Guess urb wasn't adequately prepared again for that press conference.....again.

Maybe someone needs to give Urban some press conference training. He seems to not be very prepared for them.

Or maybe his disability/medication are simply causing him to forget the truth and the people he needs to be apologizing to.

3 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Maybe someone needs to give Urban some press conference training. He seems to not be very prepared for them.

Or maybe his disability/medication are simply causing him to forget the truth and the people he needs to be apologizing to.

This.  He had a very well thought out apology for Courtney Smith at the  press conference, he just forgot it.  JFC

My words and demeanor on Wednesday did not show how seriously I take relationship violence. I sincerely apologize. I was taught to at a very young age that if I ever hit a woman, I would be kicked out of the house and never welcomed back. I have the same rule in my house and in the Football Program at Ohio State. Over the years, we have worked hard to educate and remind coaches and players of the seriousness of relationship violence.

No Urban, you obviously do not have that rule in the Football Program at Ohio State.

• Like 1

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football-recruiting/2018/08/95635/ohio-state-center-commit-harry-millers-mother-a-domestic-abuse-survivor-voices-support-for-urban-meyer

Commit's mom reps for Coach Meyer:

“I don’t take domestic violence lightly.

"I’ve had a past life where I lived it. I have been the woman whose life has been threatened and the police called. I’ve been the woman who has been afraid to go home, sitting in my driveway with butterflies in my stomach, wondering what was waiting for me inside. I’ve been the woman who has watched her (now-ex-)husband’s foot come through a door as I was cowering in a tub, the furthest away I could get. I’ve been the woman who has been picked up and thrown into a wall with my back in a towel rack and head in sheetrock. I’ve been the woman whose clothes have literally been ripped off while being accused of dressing up for other men. I’ve been the woman who has had to stand by while my personal phonebook was compared to the phone bill to confirm who I was calling.

"I’ve been the woman whose boss has been threatened in an in attempts to protect me. I’ve been the woman who had a coworker listen to a threatening message left on my answering machine in case something happened to me that night. I’ve been the woman who has run out of her house at night in fear and slept on a stretcher at work. I’ve been the woman who was kicked in the ribs so hard it sailed me out of bed. I’ve been the woman who temporarily lived at an undisclosed coworker’s home so I couldn’t be found until I had a more permanent solution. I’ve been the woman who has been to a marriage counselor alone because I was the one who ‘fucked up and needed help.’ I have been this woman and so, so much more.

“I share all of this only to make my point perfectly clear: If I thought for one second that Urban Meyer would not only condone that kind of behavior, but turn a blind eye to is — as he’s been accused of doing — he most certainly would not be a dear friend and you could bet our son would not be spending the next four years of his life with him. He doesn’t and didn’t. His biggest fault was in trying to help someone who obviously had too many problems, some never proven and many unknown, a choice now I image he deeply regrets. I know this man well. He is perfectly human, but not malicious or unkind. If you ask anyone who truly knows him, they will tell you the same.

"Many treat information today like a buffet choosing the option that supports their views and ignoring the rest, which is exceedingly more difficult when a one-sided narrative is being driven. We all need more thought and less mindless hoarding. Research. Think without bias, otherwise you’re nothing more than a puppet. Most importantly, if you are a woman, get help, form a plan and leave.”

• Like 1

Just now, PilotsError said:

What don't these people understand.  He's already BEEN caught turning a blind eye and condoning it.  Jesus fucking Christ.

It's comical these bucknut motherfuckers keep posting trying to defend him when history tells you he's a POS.

38 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

One level of stupidity is taken to judge another as all knowing, as we all lack complete knowledge of all things... #SenseiKopp0e Stay wiser than I, my friend..!

We know stupid and group think from decades of dealing with ou and aggie. Accept what you stand for and go sell it to a crowd that cares about your forgotten state.

42 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Well he bailed on Florida.

I don’t see how the “if you lie you can’t keep your job” isn’t brought up to him every day in perpetuity.

He didn’t lie. He just misremembered something that he had extensive knowledge of. He takes medicine.

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Was weird popping over to Buckeye Planet and seeing them discussing the possibility of Urbs bailing on OSU. How is that a real concern? 

That's Urb's MO.  When it gets too hot he hauls ass.  Why should he stick around to deal with the repercussions of his actions or lack there of. 

57 minutes ago, Goodman said:

We know stupid and group think from decades of dealing with ou and aggie. Accept what you stand for and go sell it to a crowd that cares about your forgotten state.

Hmm...

Ok, you are obviously shifting the conversation from the argument of Whitlock being wrong in talking point, to that of a person's state of birth or some such...

#SeemsLegit&IsAllowed..!

56 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

They were talking more like he might bail because he feels he was wronged by OSU with the suspension. 

1nyeby.jpg?a426443

Looks like the damn #PuppyMonkeyBaby commercial of years ago...

As to back on the subject of Urban, he seems to have the full respect of his daughters, so that is good for him...

2 hours ago, kopp0e said:

To each their own, I rarely watch the hot takes on shows other than PTI, but it certainly gives a different perspective on matters...

from the little bit I saw, his argument was that Urban was doing the family a favor by keeping him on the staff and allowing him to continue to get a paycheck, rather than disciplining him for spousal abuse. That's a bad take and a stupid opinion. 

12 minutes ago, Sleepygrad said:

from the little bit I saw, his argument was that Urban was doing the family a favor by keeping him on the staff and allowing him to continue to get a paycheck, rather than disciplining him for spousal abuse. That's a bad take and a stupid opinion. 

And many are waiting for Urb to deploy that defense. And it would have SOME merit, if after the initial incident Meyer made Smith attend counseling, reduce wages, etc. But he didn’t, he didn’t do shit but attempt to cover it up. That is all his ass knows how to do. The old “it ain’t a crime if you don’t get caught”.

And I’ll go one step farther. Does anyone truly believe Urb didn’t know about some of Aaron Hernandez’ antics? Hernandez was a starter, and starters are closer to their coaches then bench players. Especially really good players. Urb was not surprised when Aaron got popped. 

2 hours ago, Sleepygrad said:

Yes, that can be assessed in agreement, yet giving two sides of an opinion broadens the depth at which the reader or viewer can form an opinion of their own...

8 minutes ago, PilotsError said:
6 hours ago, kopp0e said:
Yes, that can be assessed in agreement, yet giving two sides of an opinion broadens the depth at which the reader or viewer can form an opinion of their own...

We don't need to listen to dipshits to form our own fucking opinions.

Neither is a post needed to tell us that said individuals talking points are unneeded in forming an opinion as well, but I digress... #YouDoYou..!

1 hour ago, kopp0e said:

Kirk chimes in on his alma matter:

Herbstreit didn't say much of anything in that. He made a couple comments about Urban being forthcoming and the suspension essentially being an obligation, then admitted the report didn't make any sense, then neglected to take any kind of stand on the matter. It's a comment without making a comment, which means he obviously knows the right answer but doesn't want to publicly suggest that OSU failed big time.

Not that any of us expected anything more out of him. Fuck him too.

3 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Herbstreit didn't say much of anything in that. He made a couple comments about Urban being forthcoming and the suspension essentially being an obligation, then admitted the report didn't make any sense, then neglected to take any kind of stand on the matter. It's a comment without making a comment, which means he obviously knows the right answer but doesn't want to publicly suggest that OSU failed big time.

Not that any of us expected anything more out of him. Fuck him too.

Yeah, he is in a "bad spot", per se, as if he speaks what he really thinks, he has lost access to the team in gaining exclusive interviews... But he could have said more on the matter...

31 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Yeah, he is in a "bad spot", per se, as if he speaks what he really thinks, he has lost access to the team in gaining exclusive interviews... But he could have said more on the matter...

He's not in a bad spot. He either is a journalist or not, his responsibilities in the media are not to protect his state, family, friends and exclusives. Another example of how tosu mirrors the ou code of conduct. Herbie is and has been a fraud.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Goodman said:

He's not in a bad spot. He either is a journalist or not, his responsibilities in the media are not to protect his state, family, friends and exclusives. Another example of how tosu mirrors the ou code of conduct. Herbie is and has been a fraud.

Agree...he's not some fucking tOSU beat reporter who relies on access to tOSU to do his job.  He's a national college football broadcaster/analyst.  If I were in his spot and tOSU "pulled" my access that would just be another talking point every time I was on the air about how shady things were.  Hell I would dare them to do it.