Urban Meyer suspended first 3 games

Machinator

3 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

In due time?  Someone hasn't been reading their twitters today. 

Agreed... 🙄😋😂🤣, the situation in the athletic department will likely become a laughingstock whenever someone else gets tired of Meyers bullcrap... 

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

so what is the over/under on him being at osu next year

anyone got a cardiologist with any inside information?

I wonder the same thing. I just don’t see how he can get the team to just go on “business as usual”. This shit has to disgust much of the team and recruits. Surely, he feels like a fraud who is undeserving to lead. Maybe I’m just naive, but I’d not be surprised if shit got so out of hand this season that he hangs it up for health reasons.

There's a lot of focus on Urban Meyer, but Gene Smith's comments in the press conference are equally bad. 

"I would like to thank....I would like to thank....I would like to thank...

"I'm sorry to Buckeye Nation..."

"The greatest pain that I have is for the people that I serve every day....Buckeye Nation...it's been painful, it's been hard...very difficult for me...it's been hard."

First of all, opening with the list of thanking people is what you do when you've won an award or honor. This is not that.

Second of all, he repeatedly apologizes to Buckeye Nation but never once acknowledges the actual victim. There was a true victim here, Gene, and it isn't Buckeye Nation.

Finally, I don't think he understands what pain is. He is using pain to describe his embarrassment for his athletics department being morally bankrupt. True pain is what Courtney Smith felt when Zach Smith beat her and choked her up against a wall.

This is just disgusting all around.

Edited by wild_turkey
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, DeweyCox said:

I wonder the same thing. I just don’t see how he can get the team to just go on “business as usual”. This shit has to disgust much of the team and recruits. Surely, he feels like a fraud who is undeserving to lead. Maybe I’m just naive, but I’d not be surprised if shit got so out of hand this season that he hangs it up for health reasons.

he wins and he puts players in the league, if by" much of the team and recruits" you mean maybe 2% I'd agree.

8 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

There's a lot of focus on Urban Meyer, but Gene Smith's comments in the press conference are equally bad. 

"The greatest pain that I have is for the people that I serve every day....Buckeye Nation...it's been painful, it's been hard...very difficult for me...it's been hard."

First of all, opening with the list of thanking people is what you do when you've won an award or honor. This is not that.

Second of all, he repeatedly apologizes to Buckeye Nation but never once acknowledges the actual victim. There was a true victim here, Gene, and it isn't Buckeye Nation.

Finally, I don't think he understands what pain is. He is using pain to describe his embarrassment for his athletics department being morally bankrupt. True pain is what Courtney Smith felt when Zach Smith beat her and choked her up against a wall.

they don't believe Courtney Smith is a victim for shit, she's just a bitch that caused a bunch of trouble for everyone.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DeweyCox said:

You raise an interesting angle, in which we will have a better idea later this season...

HardtofindUnequaledLeafcutterant-max-1mb

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

I like Mac. Worked with him before. That paper is a ghostland -- McClatchy laid off more employees there yesterday. It's no longer about quality over there. He's simply there to generate clicks. Nothing more. He covered the Baylor shit-show with aplomb IMO. I don't think he believes a lick of what he wrote there and I'm quite certain his wife would hang him up by his nuts if he did. She's a pit bull. (Oh, BTW, Mac's hometown is Cincinnati but he went to KU. Not sure if that has anything to do with this.)

Didn't he marry Whiny Jen Floyd?  Is the poor man deaf?  Years ago I tried to listen to her radio show once, it was a good fit for KNAG.

50 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Yes. GS and UM come off as totally corrupt. The offended parties in their minds are everyone except CS.

I don’t know how many (if any) athletes will have morale issues as a result of realizing that they play for someone with hypocritical dirtbag moves, but there are quite possibly a few who buy in to the FCA ethos and thought the values on the wall meant something. If I’m a straight-shooter HS coach, a parent who wants some mentoring for my son, or anyone who cares at all about protecting women from abuse, I don’t let any kid who will listen even consider pOSU.

2 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Yes. GS and UM come off as totally corrupt. The offended parties in their minds are everyone except CS.

I don’t know how many (if any) athletes will have morale issues as a result of realizing that they play for someone with hypocritical dirtbag moves, but there are quite possibly a few who buy in to the FCA ethos and thought the values on the wall meant something. If I’m a straight-shooter HS coach, a parent who wants some mentoring for my son, or anyone who cares at all about protecting women from abuse, I don’t let any kid who will listen even consider pOSU.

I think you meant TpOSU.

• Like 1

The PAC seems to be giong with a different strategy than covering up improprieties within nearly an entire B1G east division of the league... #WalkTheTalk...

Maybe it was the B1G that needed to copyright the motto, "It just means more", as the coach says he was "Too focused"...

6 hours ago, kilroydos said:

If this is to be believed, iiiiiiits...

No shade at Herman here, he's a grownup who can do what he wants.  He's not Smith with a history of alcohol and spousal abuse.

Was Herman in charge of the program?

Did Herman hire/fire coaches at tOSU?

Did Herman take dick selfies?

Did Herman beat his wife?

Did Herman have sex toys and dick stretchers sent to the office?

What desperation after finding out The Pope wiped his phone and is a sleaze bag power whore.

No shade at Herman here, he's a grownup who can do what he wants.  He's not Smith with a history of alcohol and spousal abuse.

What desperation after finding out The Pope wiped his phone and is a sleaze bag power whore.

8 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

If he wins multiple NCs at OSU he’ll be remembered as a coaching legend. Legacies are built on hardware. Nick Saban is a cheating sunovabitch and horrible human being...that won’t impact his legacy one iota.

Tell me the first thing that enters your mind when you see the name "Woody Hayes".

Now tell me how many NC's he has.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

I'd love to see Zach flip out and start exposing all the crap he's seen and done under Urban.

I think he's dumb enough that he's just realized Meyer and OSU are OK painting him as the problem and moving on.  It appears he's ready to go scorched earth, and I'm hoping he doesn't hold back. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

He is fishing for a big payoff.

Yup. And if I’m McMurphy I would be telling ZS I can help get you a payoff from OSU by threatening a tell all now that they are vulnerable again.  Gotta figure that ZS now realizes he’s the ass and no one else got punished.

I haven’t seen this yet, but if true. What you are seeing is a young man who just realized that he made a huge mistake trusting the organization. That doing things like that dumb ass ESPN piece, only served to help OSU and Urb, not him. 

The time to deal was before the report was made public, forcing the grand inquisition to change the language if he spoke out. Regardless of his indiscretions his message would have been gobbled up by the media coming from a remorseful Smith. He could have then laid bare any and all tawdry details that we all love to hear about any one but ourselves. 

Now it just appears as simple blackmail. The dumb kid thought the university, as well as Urb would take care of him. And at the very least find him a landing spot. It probably just dawned on him when he tried to call around and realized his number was blocked. And no one will take his calls.

Lets be clear on one thing; Zach Smith is a piece of shit. And like everyone else Im cheering for him to spill his guts. But lets be clear with the narrative here not careening into the “poor kid trusted the system and tosu burned him” lane. 

Ohio State and Meyer DID take care of that fucking cocksucker for a decade. He got his and more, no one owes him a goddamn thing. But I sure hope he tries to take it anyway. Im cheering for him to straight up extort tosu and meyer and have it go bad.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 6

15 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

If we're going to start investigating all college football coaches who have been to strip clubs in work trips, I think a whole lot of coaches are about to have "clear my old texts" meetings. 

Shit, when the Texas High School Football coaches convention was in Ft Worth, I happened to go into New Orleans Nights that night. Let's just say there were a whole bunch of old dudes in there in Bike shorts with whistles around their necks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Orangechipper said:

Methinks there will be some long term repercussions for this.  But it will be subtle.   Hard to actually quantify. 

Like maybe the next Garrett Wilson goes elsewhere because mama can’t deal.  

It it doesn’t appear that current recruits give a crap 

Pedo State played in the Rose Bowl just a few short years after that much bigger scandal...this won't do shit to osu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

Speaking of exposing, I heard on the radio (likely mentioned here as well) that he whipped it out at the White House and took a selfie.

I took a piss in the White House in 1976.  The general public doesn't get to do that, you know.  This makes me an expert on politics, by the way.

5 minutes ago, Orangechipper said:

It it doesn’t appear that current recruits give a crap 

Why would they?  They want to get to the pros, and Ohio State is the best way while not having any morality to uphold, or classes to attend.