Jalen Hurts not happy; grad transfers to OU

Machinator

11 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Could you?  You have a collection of rats asses to give?

I could.  Not a collection necessarily but said rat's ass could be acquired in short order.  Unlike some other posters, I am a self proclaimed above average rat exterminator using a variety of methods.  The preferred being a pellet gun hunting over a bird feeder with a beer in hand.  

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Machinator said:

QB who leaves after being usurped as the starter goes to school where he would also not start. Makes sense.

I think this is what severely limits his options.  So much so, that it would not surprise me if he stays at Alabama when all is said and done.  OU, UH, TCU, WV I guess are options.  I also think that bringing in a one year player may cause clubhouse issues among current players.  QBs who are waiting in the wings for their shot are not going to appreciate a one year hired gun.

I am sure when Kyler went to OU the thought that he would only be there one year was hardly considered.  I would be surprised if OU took Hurts but it would not concern me if they did.

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Who's looking for a new starting QB and has one of the best returning offensive lines in CFB??  Not sure......

Suckeyes and UCLA are mentioned quite a bit as possible destinations for Hurts....

If the NCAA doesn't grant Fields' request to play right away, Ohio State might be the best destination. 

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

QB who leaves after being usurped as the starter goes to school where he would also not start. Makes sense.

My thoughts are He fits Herman’s offense and Sam could easily get hurt as much as we pounded him. He could be closer to home and work on a Texas degree. Profit obviously. Hahaha. We do not have a backup that can run the offense on current rooster. Rising and Thompson both leaving ? Shane can’t run full offense playbook 

Just now, TexasGolf said:

My thoughts are He fits Herman’s offense and Sam could easily get hurt as much as we pounded him. He could be closer to home and work on a Texas degree. Profit obviously. Hahaha. We do not have a backup that can run the offense on current rooster. Rising and Thompson both leaving ? Shane can’t run full offense playbook 

Hurts isn't going to spend his last year of eligibility waiting for QB1 to get injured so he can play parts of games here and there. He might as well stick around at Bama then.

15 hours ago, slorch said:

That's for damned sure, but if he wants to red shirt and try for his Senior campaign after King graduates, that might work.

Holgorsen said on local interview that King was his very first recruiting call when he took the job.

He's not going to transfer, only to redshirt for a season.  If he wanted to redshirt, he could just stay at Bama and wait a year until Tua leaves.

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Thx, My bad..... forgot about Fields at Suckeyes.

Just hoping Hurts does NOT go to purple toads....

Even without Fields, he's probably not going to tOSU because of Martell. Hurts #1 consideration is a wide open starting spot, which makes TCU and OU (if Kyler leaves), very likely destinations. 

34 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Hurts had a very good QBR last year, he can win a starting spot much easier than before.  In fact, if he stays at Bama, he may play much more than he thinks. 

Hurts had 10 other Alabama offensive players surrounding him. It makes a big difference in receivers getting open and time in the pocketbook. He hasn’t been a good passer with all that help. 

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Suckeyes and UCLA are mentioned quite a bit as possible destinations for Hurts....

I would love to see it.  Our true fr QB Dorian Thompson-Robinson showed some signs of promise, but a lot of weaknesses, particularly passing accuracy and decision-making.  If we can keep our stud RB Josh Kelley (who is flirting with the idea of going pro), he would provide the type of balance to allow Hurts to thrive.  Once Kelley got going last year, he turned Wilton Speight into a more than serviceable QB.

4 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Hurts had 10 other Alabama offensive players surrounding him. It makes a big difference in receivers getting open and time in the pocketbook. He hasn’t been a good passer with all that help. 

This.  Hurts is a one dimensional QB who can hope to beat you with his legs 'cause he sure as hell won't beat you with his arm. His signature plays at Alabama were not in the pass game, they were in the run game: the zone read, the jet sweep.  So, you shoot the gaps on first and second down to defeat the run game and put Hurts in third and seven where he's forced to beat you passing.  I hope Hurts lands with a team on our schedule because it's easy enough to scheme defensively to smother an offense when he's in the game at QB.

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

Trevone Boykin.  Currently a free agent.

Who would've been drafted and still in the league if he wasn't a dipshit.  I actually think turning Kenny Hill into a functional QB in '17 after his '16 debacle was Cumbie's greatest achievement.  Hill improved significantly in every statistic after Cumbie took over play calling.  61 to 67% completion rate, 7.3 to 7.9 yds per attempt, 13 ints to 8, 17 TD's to 23, and 31 sacks to 18. 

24 minutes ago, angelos's frog said:

Who would've been drafted and still in the league if he wasn't a dipshit.  I actually think turning Kenny Hill into a functional QB in '17 after his '16 debacle was Cumbie's greatest achievement.  Hill improved significantly in every statistic after Cumbie took over play calling.  61 to 67% completion rate, 7.3 to 7.9 yds per attempt, 13 ints to 8, 17 TD's to 23, and 31 sacks to 18. 

Kenny Hill signed with the Montreal Alouettes where Manziel plays. I bet those two are glad they trademarked their aggy nicknames. Those names have to be worth a few Canadian quarters by now.

4 hours ago, UTEX90 said:

I could.  Not a collection necessarily but said rat's ass could be acquired in short order.  Unlike some other posters, I am a self proclaimed above average rat exterminator using a variety of methods.  The preferred being a pellet gun hunting over a bird feeder with a beer in hand.  

Where would one be so inclined to aquire such services?

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Even without Fields, he's probably not going to tOSU because of Martell. Hurts #1 consideration is a wide open starting spot, which makes TCU and OU (if Kyler leaves), very likely destinations. 

Well apparently now Martell is in the portal. So Hurts starts at tOSU next year, and then Fields the next?  

4 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

Well apparently now Martell is in the portal. So Hurts starts at tOSU next year, and then Fields the next?  

Fields is likely going to play next year. He already has the attorney that represented Shea Patterson last year. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nope said:

Think Saban can block an in-conference transfer 

Nope...... Last Spring, SEC changed rule for in-conference grad transfers.   So Hurts can transfer to another SEC team without getting approval from Saban. 

https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/06/01/sec-changes-transfer-rules-graduate-transfers-eligible

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

• Machinator changed the title to Jalen Hurts not happy; grad transfers to OU