Jalen Hurts not happy; grad transfers to OU

Machinator

I think TCU will pursue him pretty heavily.  Our selling points would be that he fits the system we used with Boykin and Kenny Hill (Hill's 2nd season after Meacham left and Cumbie took over play calling), almost all of the starters returning on the O-line, Jalen Reagor, two really good running backs, and, last but not least, a competent defense unlike our friends north of the Red River.  

When u win u can be a cunt to whoever whenever you want.
When you shit the bed like herman u have to kiss everyones as.
Just ask mack how long kissing ass works to keep cashing checks after your usefullness has run out.

Yeah he just shit the bed to a sugar bowl win and a number 9 ranking. You’re an idiot and a Charlie apologist which is shocking
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, angelos's frog said:

I think TCU will pursue him pretty heavily.  Our selling points would be that he fits the system we used with Boykin and Kenny Hill (Hill's 2nd season after Meacham left and Cumbie took over play calling), almost all of the starters returning on the O-line, Jalen Reagor, two really good running backs, and, last but not least, a competent defense unlike our friends north of the Red River.  

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, gecko said:

Is it possible Tua is a product of ESPN hype?  He seemed to have really been exposed Monday night.  Is "Bama gonna regret the day Hurts hits the road?

I don't think we should overreact about a 20 year old playing an NFL defensive front on the biggest stage in football. 

He had a couple awful decisions but for the most part Bama moved the ball pretty well. They got bogged down in the red zone and Clemson had some key stops, but overall Bama moved 20 to 20 almost at will it seemed. 

35 minutes ago, gecko said:

Is it possible Tua is a product of ESPN hype?  He seemed to have really been exposed Monday night.  Is "Bama gonna regret the day Hurts hits the road?

Yes.  His stats vs top 30 defenses are pretty bad. The guy is soft and gets rattled easy.  His mobility as a runner is overrated imo.  A couple of the designed runs the other night were painful to watch. 

Edited by jdhorn92

2 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Would his name be in the transfer portal if he's a grad transfer? Seems that the grad transfer is for undergrads, and grad transfers are essentially free agents free to go wherever they want.

Im guessing the benefit of the portal is it opens up the universe of schools that might not otherwise be in play.  Of course with the interwebs these days, a simple tweet would do the same thing.

Edited by jdhorn92

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I don't think we should overreact about a 20 year old playing an NFL defensive front on the biggest stage in football. 

He had a couple awful decisions but for the most part Bama moved the ball pretty well. They got bogged down in the red zone and Clemson had some key stops, but overall Bama moved 20 to 20 almost at will it seemed. 

Up until mid 4th quarter when the game was already put away, alabama had more yards, more first downs, and a significant advantage in time of possession. I don't think Tua played "bad". He made a few big mistakes and they kept chasing points going for it on 4th down. 

3 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Would his name be in the transfer portal if he's a grad transfer? Seems that the grad transfer is for undergrads, and grad transfers are essentially free agents free to go wherever they want.

Per ESPN..... Grad Transfers in portal too

"Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts took an important step toward leaving the program as he entered his name and information into the NCAA transfer portal, a source told ESPN.

Hurts, a junior, has one year of eligibility remaining. Since he graduated in December, he could transfer and be able to play immediately.

Entering the transfer portal is a necessary step to make him available for contact by other college football programs. While sources indicate Hurts is expected to leave Alabama, entering the portal doesn't lock him into doing so. "

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Yes.  His stats vs top 30 defenses are pretty bad. The guy is soft and gets rattled easy.  His mobility as a runner is overrated imo.  A couple of the designed runs the other night were painful to watch. 

He's a true sophomore. The fact that he lights up bad defenses and struggles against good to great defenses tells me that he's a typical sophomore college QB. 

Let's see how he does next season. Much of the ESPN "hype" people are referring to was pre UGA and Clempson. If he continues to make the same mistakes as a junior the jury will be closer to in on him being overrated and a product of Bama's OLine. 

I mean, I wouldn't trade Sam for him, but I don't think Tua's necessarily over-hyped or a paper tiger. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He's a true sophomore. The fact that he lights up bad defenses and struggles against good to great defenses tells me that he's a typical sophomore college QB. 

Let's see how he does next season. Much of the ESPN "hype" people are referring to was pre UGA and Clempson. If he continues to make the same mistakes as a junior the jury will be closer to in on him being overrated and a product of Bama's OLine. 

I mean, I wouldn't trade Sam for him, but I don't think Tua's necessarily over-hyped or a paper tiger. 

Bingo.  We are so spoiled with Sam that it's easy to forget that few sophomores save their best performances for big games.  Heck just look at sophomore VY vs OU.

Edited by sushihorn

16 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

He'll wind up at OU because of course he will.

1.  If it happened I could give a rats ass.

2.  At some point being know as a school/coach who gets mercenary QBs/Players is going to end up biting you in the ass.  Either in recruiting or continuity of the players.

40 minutes ago, Nope said:

He wouldn’t beat out King for the job

That's for damned sure, but if he wants to red shirt and try for his Senior campaign after King graduates, that might work.

Holgorsen said on local interview that King was his very first recruiting call when he took the job.

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

That's for damned sure, but if he wants to red shirt and try for his Senior campaign after King graduates, that might work.

Holgorsen said on local interview that King was his very first recruiting call when he took the job.

Damn, forgot he can still RS if need be. I get the sense that he’s dead set on starting though.

10 hours ago, sushihorn said:

Bingo.  We are so spoiled with Sam that it's easy to forget that few sophomores save their best performances for big games.  Heck just look at redshirt sophomore VY vs OU.

I choose not to remember who QB’d the 2003 debacle. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

My question is...is Hurts a product of Bama, much like their last QB's? Would he actually succeed somewhere else? He doesn't strike me as a game changer. He's good, not great. He had all world talent around him which made him look better than he actually is. Good kid, but I don't see how he would drastically change an offense. 

I mean, he got benched by a true freshman. Yes, Tua is really good, but he's not Trevor Lawrence. He went from being a starter for 2 seasons to being benched. That doesn't tell me he's anything more than a good qb that's limited. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

• Machinator changed the title to Jalen Hurts not happy; grad transfers to OU