Jalen Hurts not happy; grad transfers to OU

Machinator

Yep.  Hurts won't be facing SEC defenses that are crap against the pass.  He'll be looking at the most innovative and confusing defensive schemes out there in a league where stopping the pass is an absolute priority.  He'll be facing utter chaos against Orlando, ISU's Matt Campbell and TCU's Patterson.  Aranda at LSU is the only SEC coach who even comes close.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SurlyBDR said:

https://thebiglead.com/2019/01/16/jalen-hurts-will-be-a-unique-test-for-lincoln-riley/

I don't know why I read this article, but this part really brought the lulz:

See you at the cotton bowl, bitch

Damn. Another Heisman qb for ousux.

Didn't read, but Surly BDR quote says it all.

Edited by EastTexan

40 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Unreal that OU can go from Heisman winner to Heisman winner to kid who's been in 6 CFP games, including 3 finals and won a championship...with a 24-2 starting record.. man....

going to be funny if he has to face the Bama defense.  Wonder if Saban knows his tendencies.  Crazy he saved Bama's SEC title and now bolts. 

Good call Huck.

I'm also still looking for the case study where an Air Raid virgin ran wild in year 1.  I mean against good teams, not just piling up the stats against the sisters of the poor.  I see Hurts as a guy with a lot of natural ability whose development has been impaired by 3 OCs in 3 years - 4 if you count Sarkisian and now moving on to #4 (or #5).

Yeah, not worried in the slightest about this. 

$EC QBs can throw all day against $EC defenses running ancient schemes and playing hard against the run (actually, most of them suck at this anyway).  Good fucking luck to the kid when he has to throw 50 times a game into an array of different looks. 

Also, there ain't gonna be no 3-4 games off a year to play the Sisters of the Poor down in FCS w/ that nice off week in November.

Oh, and this is still the Dirt Burglars defense we're talking about.  No more "Hey, my defense got me the ball back after one series and I get to sit on a fat lead the entire game and make safe throws!"  Every game is going to be a race.  A race where if he falters, they're fucked. 

And didn't this guy get beat out by a fucking Freshman? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jw4381 said:

And furthermore, as C-man so eloquently says: it don't make a shit. 

Bruins going to push sooner shit in anyway. 

FIFM.  We get them first.

Of course I don't believe what I typed, but hey, it's the offseason.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

I always thought Jesus would choose Trinity or Our Lady of the Lake. He would be guaranteed playing time there

I always thought if I asked Jesus which college team he'd like to play for, so yesterday I asked him and he would chose a bottle of Manzanita Sol and a nap in his wheelbarrow under a tree.   I'm starting to think my Spanish teacher didn't teach me all the right phrases

Edited by Digdogger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

You might remember Curtis from getting his ass kicked at LB in the Cotton Bowl and by Alabama.

I remember Curtis got his ass kicked so bad that he tried to quit his team at halftime.

Curtis is a front-running piece of shit. Judging by his post, he's probably also in the top 2% of his academic class at OU.

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

Hurts will be great at OU. Not good, great. I think he will be a Heisman finalist. I also think he will never wear a golden cowboy hat. 

his passing has improved by bounds and leaps and with Riley, more to come. Good thing though is that OU has lost massive amount of elite talent, so UT should win this October. 

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

This might be the dumbest article premise I've ever seen:

You know, that's really a tough call.

I'm going out on a limb here - but I'm going with the 19 year old that already whipped your ass in the Final playing for a program that has won 2 of the last 3 MNCs. 

39 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

raq_zpszhxpmopl.png

As long as LR is there, it will be the go to team for many QB’s that can pick and choose.  I don’t see LR at OU past 2-3 years but we’ll see.  It’s cfb.  All players are pretty much rentals.  This new policy is gonna cause constant chaos.  

Pay the players and have them stick out 3-4 yrs unless their coach bails.  JMO

15 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

As long as LR is there, it will be the go to team for many QB’s that can pick and choose.  I don’t see LR at OU past 2-3 years but we’ll see.  It’s cfb.  All players are pretty much rentals.  This new policy is gonna cause constant chaos.  

Pay the players and have them stick out 3-4 yrs unless their coach bails.  JMO

Where is Riley going to go?  The NFL doesn't pay that much more than top-level CFB.  I suppose some desperate owner might try to money whip him.  But other than the prestige there's not much reason for a coach in Riley's position to leave.

21 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Where is Riley going to go?  The NFL doesn't pay that much more than top-level CFB.  I suppose some desperate owner might try to money whip him.  But other than the prestige there's not much reason for a coach in Riley's position to leave.

Once you have fuck everyone money, prestige matters.  

On January 14, 2019 at 11:58 AM, Tex Pete said:

There are idiots on this board, Butty, but we're still smarter than you are. Many of us attended Texas, not some shitpile tier three school like Oklahoma.

Attended...but not graduated I assume. Hmm. Could you add some fries to my order there smart boy?

• Fuck You 6

2 hours ago, ArborRose said:

Attended...but not graduated I assume. Hmm. Could you add some fries to my order there smart boy?

I would guess a much greater percentage of the posters here went to UT as opposed to all the sooner trash in the state of Oklahoma who struggle to spell OU. There are some mouth breathers here to be sure, but I’d guess we have 40 IQ points on average over your toothless sweatpants-wearing HS dropout band of meth head fans. Now back to whatever shitty website you crawled away from.